SpeakerMatch Teleseminar Series
Using Webinars and Teleseminars to Grow Your Speaking Business
Allow the power of your voice to influence a potential audience of hundreds or even thousands
Guest: Ted Janusz
This was a 60 minute teleseminar which took place on September 12, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Central Time
The biggest challenge for any emerging speaker is the marketing, in other words, getting yourself known. The most effective marketing, according to the original Macintosh evangelist Guy Kawasaki, is “99% content and 1% promotion.” Would you like to promote your expertise as a speaker by delivering content in the spoken word to a national or even international audience of potential customers, without ever leaving the comfort of your home or office, all at little or no cost? By hosting or appearing as a guest on a webinar or teleseminar, you can indeed achieve your goal! Our special guest, Ted Janusz, will discuss how he has conducted webinars for a fee, which then have been converted to product that has been sold to earn additional royalties. In addition, he will share how you can be invited to participate on webinars and teleseminars for associations as he has, allowing you to influence hundreds of their members for potential speaking opportunities.
What Was Covered in This Interview:
- Host your own webinars and teleconferences
- How to grow your list of potential participants
- Appear as a guest on others’ webinars and teleseminars
- Develop cost-effective training for clients with employees in disperse locations AND get paid each time your training is accessed
- Repurpose your recordings to create audio product that you can sell at the back of the room when you speak.
- Vendors who can provide you the technical services to host your webinar
- Best practices when you are either the host or guest
- How to avoid sounding "canned" - it can turn off your audience or put them asleep
- How webinars and teleseminars are different and can be even more challenging than speaking in person
- How to overcome the two biggest attendee problems with webinars
- Should you use PowerPoint during your webinar?
About Our Guest
Ted Janusz has delivered over 500 presentations in 49 of the 50 United States (exception: Wyoming), across Canada and Puerto Rico. After a nationwide search, he was selected by eBay to deliver “eBay University” to hundreds of attendees at each site eager to start their own businesses on the popular auction site. To share his business insights, Janusz was invited to appear on Geraldo at Large on the Fox News Network. He is also a runner who has covered over 35,000 miles (that's nearly 1.5 times around the earth). Janusz earned his MBA from the University of Pittsburgh. Janusz is the author of two popular audio CDs: “How to Market Your Speaker Business on a Shoestring (When Your Shoes are Untied)” and “The Complete Guide to Creating and Publishing Your Dynamic Audio Product in Less Than 7 Days (on a Shoestring).”
You must log in or create an account to listen to this replay.
You will periodically receive emails from SpeakerMatch.com to inform you about new messages you've received. We'll also let you know about new features and changes to the service. Occasionally we may send promotional messages from our advertising partners. You can opt out of promotional messages.