Jody Holland is the author 16 books and 30 training programs. He has implemented his programs in 14 countries and all across the United States with one primary goal. Jody helps companies to have fun and make money at the same time. Whether you are developing the leadership potential of your people, the sales prowess of your business development team, or simply needing people to connect, laugh, develop motivation, and become inspired, Jody is prepared to knock your socks off!
Jody has a B.A. in Interpersonal Communication and an M.S. in Psychology. With more than two decades of experience in speaking and training, Jody has worked with top executives from Lockheed Martin, Vanguard, Walmart, federal, state, and local governments, and hundreds of others. Jody has coached CEOs, trained C-Suite Execs, Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and even entry-level employees.
Jody has been the keynote speaker more than 300 times at conferences and has trained more than 200,000 leaders. He has been the executive coach for 20+ CEO’s and right at 100 top executives.
Jody's books can be found on Amazon.com.
- Turn Me On: Turn Me On is a journey into how to give great presentations and to light a fire for your audience. This book is an easy to follow guide that brings the best of more than 40 years of combined experience between the 2 authors. When you master the skills in this book, you will ignite the passion, build the drive, and inspire positive action in the people that you are in front of. I remember the early start that I had. My father is a Methodist Minister and I used to go up on Saturdays to listen to him enthrall even the very pews that people would be sitting in the next morning. I loved how captivated I felt when I was in the congregation. I loved listening to people on Sunday mornings when they would shake his hand after the service and tell him that they felt like he was speaking only to them. The amazing thing to me was to hear 20% or more of the congregation say the same thing. At the age of 4, I would organize my cousins into an audience and would deliver an address about the importance of, well anything that I could think of. I remember dressing in a military-style uniform. I loved the feel of being in front of people. Fast forward to Jr. High where I was afforded the opportunity to compete in Impromptu speaking. Having had the opportunity to hear my dad and a host of other friends that he had brought in over the years to speak, I was filling my stage presence and was able to win a competition with a speech on how to start a business, which I wrote in 2 minutes prior to delivering the 5 minute speech. What I learned in those early years is that people want to see your speech more than they want to hear it. They want to feel something in a world where we have often become too numb. I am not sure what it really feels like to be terrified of speaking in public. Because of the pushing of my father, I had lots of opportunities to overcome that fear before I was able to be smart enough to know that I should be scared. Speaking, particularly when you are turning the audience on, lighting their fire, or jazzing them up, is an artistic exchange of energy and passion. Great speakers are as dependent on the audience as they are on their materials. As Mike said, we have had a great time putting this together, remembering our journey to living into our stage presence, and mapping out the essence of what has allowed us to be invited to speak around the country and at times in foreign lands. --Jody Holland
- Yay! I'm A Supervisor... Now What?! I have heard story after story from supervisors desperately wanting to know the answer to how to avoid being overwhelmed with stress while leading their team. Far too many people are put into supervisory positions without being prepared for the role. The feel as if they are walking a tight-rope with no safety net. Mastering the 12 skills outlined in this book positions a supervisor to reduce their own stress, increase the performance of their people, and have all of the right tools in their toolbox to build a top performing and happy team! The 12 Skills Development areas covered in this book are... 1. Values Based Diversity: The new face of diversity in the workplace is not just one of color and ethnicity, but one of age. The greatest diversity challenge we will face for the next decade is the integration of four generations into a cohesive and effective work team. 2. Communications: Effective leaders understand the nature and characteristics of effective communication. Participants will learn the cues of non-verbal communication and how to project appropriate messages with non-verbal cues as well as why people interpret the same messages differently... 3. Employee Motivation: Motivated employees are needed in our rapidly changing workplaces. Motivated employees help organizations survive and thrive. To create this more productive environment, managers and leaders must understand the principles and psychology of motivation. 4. Coaching: Most managers intellectually accept the value of coaching. How to coach is another matter. Participants will learn the most effective skills of coaching employees. Coaching enables a manager/leader to propel their employees in the right direction, reinforce good behaviors, and pro-actively eliminate bad behaviors. 5. Conflict Resolution: Conflict is a common event in business settings. There is good conflict and there is bad. Which way it is seen is determined by the way it is faced? Good Conflict Resolution builds stronger and more cohesive organizations and more rewarding relationships. Effective Conflict Resolution is teachable. 6. Corrective Counseling and Behavior Change: Participants will learn how to facilitate their employees' improvement, instead of merely disciplining them. The course covers when and how to apply corrective action, and provides strategies for motivating employees to improve. Learning the proper techniques moves a leader from facing rebellion to employees who desire to follow. 7. Problem Solving: Participants will learn the basics in identifying and solving problems. By using these techniques, participants can start to tackle problems which might otherwise seem huge, overwhelming and excessively complex. 8. Setting Goals: Participants are exposed to Work-life Balance skills to better manage both projects and relationships. The outcomes for the individual are more control, value, and balance in the professional and personal lives. 9. Group Decision Making: Many groups meet to solve problems or make decisions. An awareness of how decisions are made and what prompts groups (teams) to move in particular directions is critical to effective leadership. 10. Teambuilding: People in every workplace talk about building the team, working as a team, and belonging to a team, but few understand how to create the experience of teamwork or how to develop an effective team. Participants will learn the why and the how of team building as well as the systematic process of a team. 11. Priority Management: These skills are the practical techniques which have helped leaders in all industries and sectors to reach the pinnacle of their success. Without effective prioritization and task management, time manages us. 12. Ethics-Values-Culture: A leader's values become evident by the behaviors (habits) they exhibit. Understanding what a leader is portraying will enable them to develop and expand credibility and effectiveness.
- Hypnotic Selling is the process of bypassing the conscious mind and tapping directly into the subconscious. It allows a salesperson to uncover what is really wanted by the prospect. This process creates buying opportunities where the prospect will pursue a chance to give you money. There are three aspects of becoming a hypnotic salesperson. Mastering the sciences of face reading, the science of conversational hypnosis, and the science of persuasion are the foundational principles of connecting with others in such a way that they desire to do business with you. It isn't about convincing people to buy things that they don't want though. It is, however, about unlocking what they want to buy and facilitating the process.
- Selling With Honor: Based on the seven tenets of the Bushido code, used for Samurai warriors, Selling With Honor describes the pathway to honorable success in sales. Each of the tenets unlocks a better process for connecting with your clients at a deeper level and helping them see the value in you and in what you have to offer them. Using these tenets, along with the consultative sales process outlined in the book, you will create buying opportunities that your customers and clients will be thankful for. The objective of the process, which has been proven over and over again, is to build the relationship between you and your customer so they will think of only you when they need something related to your offerings.
- Leadership Evo: Every leader in business or life today has to learn how to develop into their greatest potential. The word "Evo" represents a continuous growth toward success. In this book, you will learn the skills of an evolved leader. Choosing to master these skills will likely mean the difference between a lifetime of leadership success or continuous frustration. If you are looking at this book now, I believe that you are the kind of person that truly desires to make a difference in the world and in your organization. You will learn... --How to create a rhythm of success for your life --How to communicate in such a way that others are virtually hypnotized by your style --How to turn your team and your customers into evangelists for your cause --What the stages of leadership evolution are and how to recognize where you and your team are now --How to become truly magnetic as a leader, so that others cannot help but follow you --How to create clarity of thought and action with your teams --How to create accountable and engaged followers --And, how to solidify the transformation of your organization By learning the key skills of an evolved leader, you will be able to replicate your own success by developing these skills in your managers and team. There is a rhythm that each of us falls into with our lives. Bruce Lee talked about this rhythm in his book The Tao of Jeet Kune Do. We can create a rhythm of success or a rhythm of failure for our lives, but we will have a rhythm either way. Each of us must master the progression of learning from unconsciously unskilled to consciously unskilled to consciously skilled to the highest level... unconsciously skilled. The objective is to make your success characteristics a natural extension of who you are. This book is a practical guide that will get you where you want and need to be in order to attain success at your highest level in life. As you read this book, get an image in your mind of the leader that is perfect. Take a moment to blend that picture of the perfect leader with the picture of you living into your highest self. Once you have created your image of personal success, focus on living into that image and becoming the person that you are truly capable of being. That is my desire for you, that you live into your most evolved version of self. To Your Success! Jody Holland - Author, Entrepreneur, Evolved Leader
- 6 Demons of Fear: We fear what is unknown. We fear what we have. We fear what others will think of us. We fear that others will no longer think of us. We fear that we will not matter. We fear that we will be successful and others will take advantage of us. We fear what the past means and what the future holds. We fear too much. In 6 Demons of Fear, you learn to identify the fears that are holding you back by following Jason's story and learning as he learns. When you are able to live a life that overcomes the fears of the world, you will live a life of purpose. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish when you are no longer afraid!
- 25 Activities In A Bag In this book, Jody details 25 separate activities that you can keep with you at all times. Whether you are doing a couple of days of team building, or you just want your team to be truly cohesive, this book will prepare you for success. Each activity is explained, then scripted out with what to say, and you are even given the processing to ensure the learning objectives stick. This book is an "absolute" for anyone who regularly needs to build the confidence and cohesiveness of their teams. You will find that this is the book that you keep in your back pocket at retreats, or in your backpack/bag when you travel anywhere to work with clients.
- Success: A 12 Step Program: In the tradition of fixing major life challenges, the book helps "FIX" the challenge of success running from a person. There are 12 distinctive steps that must be followed in order to achieve the level of success that a person desires in their life. Although success is defined individually, failure is consistently defined as not being able to meet one's goals. This program will walk you one step at a time into the life that you want. You will learn the keys to achievement through each of the steps. 1. Define your current reality. Without knowing the actual starting point and accepting where you are, you will never make it to where you want to be. Having a reality check and accepting responsibility for yourself and your situation is critical. 2. Surround yourself with "right-minded' people. It is critical to have the right people around you so that you are lifted up and not brought down. 3. Define your future, the one that you truly desire. You know who and where you are and you have built a support system around yourself. Now it is time to define where you will end up. 4. Establish the "why" for your your change. Without a strong enough why, what and how will be irrelevant. You have to position yourself for positive change by stacking your emotional deck in your favor. 5. You want to build momentum by defining the benefits that you will receive when you achieve your goals. You now have the positive emotions for change and the negative emotions toward remaining the same. You will really have some intensity for change at this point. 6. You now need to learn what you don't currently know. By acquiring the right skills and knowledge, you will be capable of raising the ceiling on your success. 7. You have to carefully plan your actions. Knowing what you need to know, you take action in the direction of your perfect future. 8. Fail your way to the top. By failing forward and seeing each of the setbacks as an opportunity to grow and learn more, you adopt the growth mindset and propel yourself further than you previously thought possible. 9. Focus your actions. You are not moving quickly toward success and you must eliminate the inessentials. By focusing only on what brings you success and eliminating what distracts you, success becomes more and more inevitable. 10. You will naturally build a following by increasing your positive influence. This following becomes an intense support system for you and your business. 11. Develop your exit strategy. You will either buy your business from yourself and do this long-term, sell it to someone else or transition it to employee-owned. Regardless of what you do, doing it with intention will increase your return on investment. 12. Never let anyone stand in your way! This is not a mean or malicious statement. It is simply a reality of the mindset that now propels you. You don't see obstacles as roadblocks anymore. You see them as challenges that will make you even stronger, smarter, faster, and more successful. By following the 12 Steps to Success, you will attain the life that you know you can live. The difference between wildly successful people and the rest of the world is the mindset that they adopt in life. Success: A 12-Step Program helps you to adopt the mindset of the most successful people in the world.