My purpose is to help educators, parents, and students close the achievement gap by helping students maximize their college experience.
I firmly believe that life is not as meaningful without fully developed college students.
I am committed to helping them unlock their potential and create unlimited college, life and career success.
Though college students make up 21 million of our population, they will contribute to 100 percent of OUR FUTURE.
I am Zach Rinkins.
A recurring experience during my time as a university administrator serves as the motivation for my service. I grew tired of graduation conversations with several students that went like this.
Excited Young Person: Hey Mr. Rinkins, I am about to graduate? Thanks for all your help.
Me: I am thrilled for you. You overcame everything in your way and made it to this moment.
Excited Young Person: Yes, sir!
Me: What’s next?
Excited Young Person: I am going to be a manager at a rental car location, mobile phone franchise, or work at a local community center.
Excited Young Person: Thanks for all your help.
These conversations with students over a few commencement periods, my heart would break. I would break down into tears. Why? Because I know that the majority of these students did not spend approximately $77,240--with interest in most cases-- to pursue a job that might pay them $28,000 per year. Our students deserve much better than this. Especially when there are entire college divisions and retention programs designed to help students maximize their educational potential.
I Am College Material! (IACM) is a suite of turn-key multimedia content that offers practical solutions covering virtually everything from orientation to graduation. This content is perfect for orientations, student government, Greek life, Upward Bound/TRIO, leadership, honors, student affairs, graduation and career services events.
Presentations and workshops include:
*I Am College Material!
* Are You Ready for a 21st Century Career?
* It’s Payday! Taking Your Finances By F.O.R.C.E.!
*Diversity: Owning Your Personal Power!
*Honey, I Sent the Kids to College! What Do I Do Now?
* Life, liberty, and the pursuit of an education!
*and so much more.
These impactful experiences help students go from inspiration to implementation! Let's find out how we can work together to retain your students and close the achievement gap.
- Ebony Magazine The Power of Partnerships with Billionaire Robert L. Johnson (Johnson Publishing Company)
- I Am College Material! I Am College Material! was created to help students and the army of people that support them transform their education into the opportunity of a lifetime. The book includes insights from college presidents, deans, billionaires, students, and a U.S. Cabinet Secretary, all designed to give your students a competitive advantage. Award-winning author Zach Rinkins explains, “Many undergraduates consider themselves as college students. I want them to look at themselves as emerging professionals! This book features tips to help students go from registration to graduation.”
- 2014 Professional Speakers Network Speaker Hall of Fame
- 2015 Legacy Magazine/Miami Herald 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today and Tomorrow
- 2015 Multiple champion of Toastmasters International speech competitions at the club, area, and district levels.
- 2001 Knight Ridder Silver Knight Award Speech
- 2002 Doublemint ACE Award for Community Service
- 2007 Florida Associated Press Broadcasters First Prize
- 2001 Miami-Dade County Mayoral Commendation