I work with companies to help them hire the most amazing human resource in the 21st century: the U.S. Military Veteran.
Military veterans have the stomach to take risks. They have the ability to deal with ambiguity and have composure and creativity under extreme pressure. This makes the veteran one of the best-kept secrets in business; and why your competitors have been hiring veterans as fast as they can.
So who is Wes O'Donnell? I am a veteran of both the U.S. Army and the U.S. Air Force, serving on active duty from 1997 to 2007. I have an MBA with a focus on IT Management and I am an entrepreneur having successfully started 3 profitable companies. I am a professor of applied leadership, predictive analytics, and public speaking at Baker College in Michigan. I currently travel all over the country coaching companies on establishing a solid veteran-hiring program or coaching employees on veteran cultural competency, ie. how to interact with veteran co-workers.
I want to help your company reach the next level by tapping into this resource: recently separated servicemembers. Reach out now for a free consultation!
Wes is a highly sought after presenter who has recently spoken at TEDx on Data Visualization and at the US Air Force Academy on Leadership. He is noted for his fascinating, informative, dynamic and entertaining keynotes. Wes educates companies and government organizations on a number of topics ranging from emerging technology and big data visualization to veteran's issues and leadership. But Wes' best talks tend to center around his personal journey from poverty to distinguished entrepreneur and professor; a truly inspiring journey. Motivating individuals to find the best "you", is where Wes shines. His message? "Don't give up... You still have a couple of people to prove wrong..."
Wes O'Donnell is:
- A Professor of Predictive Analytics, Applied Leadership and Professional Speaking at Baker College
- A military veteran having served on active duty in both the US Army and US Air Force for a total of 10 years
- Amazon Bestselling Author of "RISE: The Veteran's Field Manual for Starting Your Own Business", "A Cowboy Without a Coat: A Texas Exile Stuck in Michigan", and "Little Yellow Pill: Opioids, Suicide and Winning in the Age of Prescriptions "
- The Host and Executive Producer of Heroes From History. Runner-up for Host of Travel Channel's History Detectives.
- A "Serial" Entrepreneur and inventor who has successfully started 3 companies.
- Is equally comfortable speaking about highly technical topics like data visualization or highly engaging motivational talks that inspire
Most Recent Audience Testimonials:
Watched Professor Wes O'Donnell talk about Data Visualization at TEDx. How do I take your class?! I want to save the world with data, too! -Elizabeth Council
I saw Wes speak at TEDx 2015. His presentation on Data Visualization was engaging and innovative; graphics representing the kind of data that can be visualized were amazing (the crowd went "oooh and ahhh") but it was his humor that won the crowd over. I left the event wanting to learn more about data visualization and how I can apply it to my job. -Sarah Bujak
All of the TED Talks were inspirational, but Wes O'Donnell's "Information is Beautiful" was the most applicable for my life. As a high school student about to enter college, it is important to have the aptitude to utilize data visualization. -Gavin Poulin
Some of Wes' previous clients:
- Monster Worldwide Inc.
- U.S. Air Force Academy
- United Health Group
- Military Influencers
- LandOpt Inc.
- Kevin's Song
- Disabled Veterans Business Alliance
- Cultura Technologies
- 24 Hour Fitness
- American Express
- National Fireworks Association
- Quicken Loans
- Rotary International
- American Military University.
- Baker College