* International Bestselling Author * Keynote Speaker * Inclusion and Change Agent * Engineer and STEM Advocate
Ms. Biswas is an international bestselling author and keynote speaker with a powerful and engaging style.
Miserably Successful No More - Power over Stress (May 2017) was ranked #1 on the Amazon Bestselling List in her category, the top 10 in Hot New Releases and an international bestseller. Unleash the Power of Diversity (2013) was selected by Barnes & Noble for in store presence - . Biswas recently completed a US Barnes & Noble Author Tour.
International Keynotes and Conference speaking engagements include National Summit for Educational Equity (Conference Opening Keynote - Boldly Shattering Stereotypes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAMsm7xKX4), Ericsson US HQ Keynote - Diversity in a Networked Society, Rio Tinto Kennecott US HQ Keynote "Communicating in a Diverse World', Takeda Pharmaceuticals "International Women's Day Keynote - US HQ' , University of New Hampshire - Unleash the Power of Diversity, ICF Global London - 'A Diversity Foray -Culture, Gender, Generation and Style', IIM Bangalore (Asia) - The Five Judgments - an original Stereotyping Framework, etc.
Her transformational message – focuses on the true meaning, and value of, inclusion and respect for diversity at work. Biswas applies an engineering mindset of data harvesting and pattern recognition to complex business situations. Her original frameworks and toolkits offer powerful inclusion strategies for lasting change and organizational effectiveness.
She asks, and answers, these powerful questions:
- Why is there a global epidemic of the 'miserably successful'?
- How can one use emotional intelligence to reduce stress and improve personal and professional performance?
- How does one reduce the costs of stereotyping in the workplace- the ‘Five Judgments’ã?
- How do we increase Multicultural Competence in an exploding global economy?
- How does Style Diversity impact success - e.g. are we unconsciously biased towards assertive extraverts?
- What is your Communication Style - 'blunt hammer truth teller' or 'glossy brush people pleaser'?
- Do you practice the Diversity Forayã - a global toolkit of practical do’s and don’ts for workplace inclusion?
Ms. Biswas has a unique combination of executive and corporate experience (21 years at PepsiCo, Texas Instruments, and TAS) and education (Chemical Engineering, MBA, MS Organizational Strategy). She is currently the President and Founder of Coachieve, LLC. Serving on the Board of Directors of her engineering alumni organization IITNT, she also served on the International Coach Federation NT Board of Directors - VP Prism Programs.
Five years ago, an executive in a Fortune 50 company, Ms. Biswas realized she was part of a global epidemic of powerfully unhappy people. She 'should' have been happy.... but was not. Biswas left a 20+ year corporate career and embarked on a journey of self-discovery. Along the way, she transformed herself into an international bestselling author, keynote speaker, with a compelling platform forged through decades of global corporate experience. She is the trusted advisor to CEOs and global leaders. Her groundbreaking concepts and original frameworks are being utilized in over 20 countries. Ms. Biswas is also a certified Emotional Intelligence Practitioner, with certifications in multiple behavioral assessments including Myers Briggs (MBTI), Thomas Kilmann (TKI) and Firo B.
Biswas’ platform: honing our emotional intelligence, specifically self-awareness and interpersonal skills, we can leverage inclusion for greater impact, professionally and personally. “Unleash the Power of Diversity” http://amzn.to/160FcZz and “Miserably Successful No More” http://amzn.to/2puP3sH have both been endorsed by Marshall Goldsmith, Thinkers50 Award Winner for Most Influential Leader Thinker in the World and bestselling author of "What Got You Here Won't Get You There."
- “Unleash the Power of Diversity” (2013) focuses on Multi Cultural Competence, and analyzes how bias and stereotyping occur - The Five Judgments and the Diversity Foray (global toolkit of cultural do's and don'ts) are powerful original frameworks from this book.
- “Miserably Successful No More” (2017) connect Multi Style Competence to emotional intelligence, stress reduction, brand and executive presence. Two Truths and A Lie (communication styles assessment) and “L.I.G.H.T.E.N. U.P” stress reduction are original concepts from the second book in the series.
- Dare to be a difference maker (2017) - Biswas coauthered this book with a section on the "Orchid Effect - Does being different work for, or against you?'
- Book four “A Power Paradox: Gender Matters” – in data gathering stage; focuses on Gender Inclusion.
- The key message in Biswas' books and speeches are improving one's brand, power and impact through emotional intelligence, stress reduction and inclusion. Emotional intelligence, particularly self-awareness and interpersonal skills are integral to this evolution of us as people and professional groups.
Biswas’ unique combination of executive experience (Fortune 50 -500 companies) and education (engineering and international management) contributes to her unforgettable message and style. Ms. Biswas combines practical life lessons and skills with cutting edge industry knowhow.
International Keynotes, Events and Media Presence includes:
- NSEE 2017 National Summit for Educational Equity - Conference Opening Keynote - “Boldly Shattering Stereotypes”
- Ericsson US HQ “Diversity in the Networked Society” Keynote
- International Coach Federation Global Conference Speaker, London, UK
- “Analyzing the Impact of Stereotyping” IIM Bangalore Guest Faculty, Asia
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals US HQ: Harnessing the Power of Diversity Keynote
- IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference
- “Boldly Shattering Tired Culture and Gender Stereotypes”
- University of New Hampshire STEM Center Launch Keynote, Manchester
- Kennecott Rio Tinto “Leveraging Diversity for Business Results” Keynote
- Dallas Morning News: Business Headline ‘Trending’ Book Review
- Peterbilt – Paccar Unleash the Power of Diversity” Leadership Team Sessions
- Business Press Review: ‘Book Challenges People To Look Inside Themselves’
- Sharp Heels Magazine Interview: The Impact of Self Awareness on Success
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity (NAPE)* Diversity Consultant
- Diversity Panelist – NT Society for Human Resource Management
- Celebration of Women in Computing & Tech Conference Opening Keynote
- Texas Diversity Conference – Speaker and Panelist (Impact of Race; Diversity Dialog, Stereotyping in the Workplace)
- Episcopal School of Dallas – Annual Diversity Celebration Keynote
- “Decade for Change - Domestic Violence” Conference TV- Radio-Print Media Facilitator, DC
- Asian American Chamber of Commerce (Leadership Lessons)
- Society for Human Resource Management NT Conference Speaker Denton USA
- Wine and Wisdom Series Monthly Speaker – Inclusion in the Workplace
- USI Chamber of Commerce – ‘Leadership Tomorrow’ Opening Session
- “Asian Stigmas – Challenges, Opportunities and Leadership Lessons”
- Voice America: The Business Edge
- Critical Success Factors (International Women’s Day)
- The Five Judgments (Impact of Bias at Work)
Testimonials from 20+ countries include:
Austria – “A brilliant and very inspirational woman.”
Australia – “Learning from her ideas influences my thinking in powerful ways.”
Finland -– “An inspirational role model … she contributes to making the world a better place.”
Germany – “A female engineer who spent two decades in corporate America – tremendously authentic impressions, ideas, advice.”
Ghana – “Inspired guidance and a practical toolkit. You’ll find yourself examining options to improve everyday interactions.”
Japan – “I believe Debjani Biswas is living and walking diversity.”
Malaysia – “A new, out of the box perspective to diversity... using a unique "engineering principles approach to cross cultural effectiveness.
Nigeria – “The first word that comes to mind is ‘brilliant.’ An inspiration.”
Singapore – “Thorough research , analysis of this complex subject.”
Sierra Leone – “Multiple insights for professional development, growth and organizational success.”
Thailand – “Debjani Biswas is an inspirational role model.”
United Kingdom – “Mind shifting insights and a professional and personal toolkit that I use daily with my corporate clients.
United States – “A woman of amazing intelligence, managerial courage and strategic vision.”
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for keynote related questions. We would love to work with you on improving your group's wellbeing and effectiveness. Book signings are optional, as part of your event. It is entirely up to you.
- "Woman of the Year" 2013 National Association of Professional Women Recipient for contributions towards diversity and gender equity.
- Institute Gold Medalist (IIT)
- Executive Coaching Prism Award Finalist: International Coach Federation North Texas (Assess: "Excellence in Coaching" Nominating Coach).