* Change Agent * Diversity Strategist * Author * Speaker * Engineer
Ms. Biswas is an internationally acclaimed keynote speaker with a powerful and engaging style. Her transformational message – focuses on the true meaning, and value of, inclusion and respect for diversity at work. Biswas applies an engineering mindset of data harvesting and pattern recognition to complex business situations. Her original frameworks and toolkits offer powerful inclusion strategies for lasting change and organizational effectiveness.
She asks, and answers, these powerful questions:
- Does being different work for, or against, us - do we experience the 'Orchid Effect'ã at work?
- Why is bias and discrimination bad for the bottom line - as well as the head and heart?
- How does one reduce the costs of stereotyping in the workplace- the ‘Five Judgments’ã?
- How do we increase Multicultural Competence in an exploding global economy?
- How does Style Diversity impact success - e.g. are we unconsciously biased towards assertive extraverts?
- What is your Communication Style - 'blunt hammer truth teller' or 'glossy brush people pleaser'?
- Do you practice the Diversity Forayã - a global toolkit of practical do’s and don’ts for workplace inclusion?
Ms. Biswas has a unique combination of executive and corporate experience (21 years at PepsiCo, Texas Instruments, and TAS) and education (Chemical Engineering, MBA, MS Organizational Strategy). She is currently the President and Founder of Coachieve (www.coachieve.us). Currently on the Board of Directors of her engineering alumni organization IITNT, she is a past member of the International Coach Federation NT Board of Directors - VP Prism Programs.
Five years ago, an executive in a Fortune 50 company, Ms. Biswas realized she was part of a global epidemic of powerfully unhappy people. She 'should' have been happy.... but was not. Biswas left a 20+ year corporate career and embarked on a journey of self-discovery. Along the way, she transformed herself into an international speaker, an in-store Barnes & Noble author and trusted diversity strategist for CEOs and global leaders. Her groundbreaking concepts and original frameworks are being utilized in 23 countries.
Biswas’ platform: honing our emotional intelligence, specifically self-awareness and interpersonal skills, we can leverage inclusion for greater impact, professionally and personally. “Unleash the Power of Diversity” http://amzn.to/160FcZz and “Miserably Successful No More” have both been endorsed by Marshall Goldsmith, Thinkers50 Award Winner for Most Influential Leader Thinker in the World and bestselling author of "What Got You Here Won't Get You There."
- Biswas’ first book “Unleash the Power of Diversity” (2013) focuses on Multi Cultural Competence.
- Book two: “Miserably Successful No More” (2017) connect Multi Style Competence to authentic power, with an original “L.I.G.H.T.E.N. U.P” stress reduction framework.
- Book three “A Power Paradox: Gender Matters” – in data gathering stage; focus on Gender D&I.
- The key message in Biswas' books and speeches are the business impact of inclusion, respect and diversity in the workplace. Emotional intelligence, particularly self-awareness and interpersonal skills are integral to this evolution of us as people and professional groups.
Biswas’ unique combination of executive experience (Fortune 50 -500 companies) and education (engineering and international management) contributes to her unforgettable message and style. Ms. Biswas combines practical life lessons and skills with cutting edge industry knowhow.
International Keynotes, Events and Media Presence includes:
- Ericsson US HQ “Diversity in the Networked Society” Keynote
- International Coach Federation Global Conference Speaker, London, UK
- “Analyzing the Impact of Stereotyping” IIM Bangalore Guest Faculty, Asia
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals US HQ: Harnessing the Power of Diversity Keynote
- IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference
- “Boldly Shattering Tired Culture and Gender Stereotypes”
- University of New Hampshire STEM Center Launch Keynote, Manchester
- Kennecott Rio Tinto “Leveraging Diversity for Business Results” Keynote
- Dallas Morning News: Business Headline ‘Trending’ Book Review
- Peterbilt – Paccar Unleash the Power of Diversity” Leadership Team Sessions
- Business Press Review: ‘Book Challenges People To Look Inside Themselves’
- Sharp Heels Magazine Interview: The Impact of Self Awareness on Success
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity (NAPE)* Diversity Consultant
- Diversity Panelist – NT Society for Human Resource Management
- Celebration of Women in Computing & Tech Conference Opening Keynote
- Texas Diversity Conference – Speaker and Panelist (Impact of Race; Diversity Dialog, Stereotyping in the Workplace)
- Episcopal School of Dallas – Annual Diversity Celebration Keynote
- “Decade for Change - Domestic Violence” Conference TV- Radio-Print Media Facilitator, DC
- Asian American Chamber of Commerce (Leadership Lessons)
- Society for Human Resource Management NT Conference Speaker Denton USA
- Texas Diversity Council (Breakout session speaker and dual panelist) Dallas USA
- Wine and Wisdom Series Monthly Speaker – Inclusion in the Workplace
- USI Chamber of Commerce – ‘Leadership Tomorrow’ Opening Session
- “Asian Stigmas – Challenges, Opportunities and Leadership Lessons”
- Voice America: The Business Edge
- Critical Success Factors (International Women’s Day)
- The Five Judgments (Impact of Bias at Work)
- Radio Programs:
- NSEE 2017 National Summit for Educational Equity - Conference Opening Keynote http://nsee.info/category/keynote/ - “Boldly Shattering Stereotypes”
- Toolkit for a Digital Age – University of Texas at Dallas Mini Conference - “Miserably Successful No More” Session
Testimonials from 23 countries include:
Austria – “A brilliant and very inspirational woman.”
Australia – “Learning from her ideas influences my thinking in powerful ways.”
Finland -– “An inspirational role model … she contributes to making the world a better place.”
Germany – “A female engineer who spent two decades in corporate America – tremendously authentic impressions, ideas, advice.”
Ghana – “Inspired guidance and a practical toolkit. You’ll find yourself examining options to improve everyday interactions.”
Japan – “I believe Debjani Biswas is living and walking diversity.”
Malaysia – “A new, out of the box perspective to diversity... using a unique "engineering principles approach to cross cultural effectiveness.
Nigeria – “The first word that comes to mind is ‘brilliant.’ An inspiration.”
Singapore – “Thorough research , analysis of this complex subject.”
Sierra Leone – “Multiple insights for professional development, growth and organizational success.”
Thailand – “Debjani Biswas is an inspirational role model.”
United Kingdom – “Mind shifting insights and a professional and personal toolkit that I use daily with my corporate clients.
United States – “A woman of amazing intelligence, managerial courage and strategic vision.”
Please email email@example.com for testimonial sources and other information.
- "Woman of the Year" 2013 National Association of Professional Women Recipient for contributions towards diversity and gender equity.
- Institute Gold Medalist (IIT)
- Executive Coaching Prism Award Finalist: International Coach Federation North Texas (Assess: "Excellence in Coaching" Nominating Coach).