Wisconsin farm kid turned Hollywood actress, Tina Griffin earned a BA in Film and TV broadcasting from California State University—Los Angeles and has become a leading pop culture expert. In her eye-opening show, Hollywood Exposed, Tina reveals the media’s power to influence people—especially teens. Celebrity interviews, along with Tina’s first-hand experience, explain the real agenda behind the entertainment industry.
Besides being in countless movies, Tina has worked on TV shows such as Jimmy Kimmel Live, Young and the Restless, Days of Our Lives, Lizzie Maguire, Drake and Josh, and Malcolm in the Middle. In addition, she was a National Trainer for L’Oreal Cosmetics, emcee for Limited Too’s “Passion for Fashion” national tour, competed in the preliminary Miss America pageant, and worked at the OSCARS.
Tina has also been a guest on ABC’s Dr. Keith Ablow Show and Alan Colmes National FOX Radio show and also produces a monthly pop culture alert on Stand Up for the Truth Radio. She recently launched a live streaming show entitled Hollywood Insider, featuring guests who are experts in keeping our kids safe in today’s technologically-advanced world. She has opened for bands such as Colton Dixon, Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Jeff Deyo, Rotterdam November, The Museum, Chris August, and Skillet.
Tina’s main mission is to equip parents on how they can safely navigate through today’s pop culture mess and raise Counter Culture Kids. She does this on her blog, CounterCultureMom.com and through her recently launched Pop Culture Alert texting service. Tina texts the top urgent alert each week to concerned parents so they will know the latest potential threats that could endanger their kids before their kids are exposed to any violent, graphic content. She also includes what action steps to take to keep your kids safe. To get her updates, text the word ALERT to the number 444999.
Connect with her on the Counter Culture Mom Facebook group page, which is loaded with daily updates regarding pop culture and technology trends. In addition, you can watch Tina’s weekly Hollywood Insider show, where she interviews top technology and media experts giving advice on how you can protect your children from sex, drugs, pornography, suicide and violence being promoted in today’s films, TV shows, magazines, video games and on the web. Special guests like Cindy Harmon who’s American Idol winner Trent Harmon’s mom have given their parenting advice as well.
When she isn’t traveling and speaking, you will find her busy producing radio spots, blogging, cooking, homeschooling her four munchkins, or having a romantic date night with her best friend and husband, Luke. Tina’s mission is to encourage others to live with integrity and to use their talents to create positive change in their culture.
- Tina’s personal stories of living & working in Hollywood as an actress for over a decade
- Today's IDENTITY crisis - teens realize their IDENTITY is NOT based on the latest trend
- The effects of drunk driving & alcohol/drug abuse and celebrities who are helping addicts
- Dangers and effects of violent entertainment and violent video games
- Cheat codes in video games
- Tips on how to set boundaries for kids while using technology (physical Circle device/app demonstrated)
- An in-depth look at brain development during adolescence & how media effects the mind
- Issues and warning signs of bullying, suicide, and cutting and what we can do to get help
- Self esteem and image dilemmas associated with media pressures to "fit in”
- Safety measures for social media such as Facebook, Snapchat and online chat rooms
- Awareness and consequences of sexting and texting while driving
- Celebrities who are positive role models to follow
- Many positive entertainment choices are given throughout the show
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Over the last two decades, it has been our privilege to schedule and work with many speakers and authors. We have been privileged to book the most well known communicators in the world. As might be expected, some make more of an impression than others; but one person who made quite an impact on our audiences and staff was Tina Marie Griffin. She held an audience of over 2,000 college students riveted as she shared her own life story and truth in a compelling fashion. She was a joy to work with and clearly came with the heart of a servant. In our opinion, she is a world class communicator every step of the way.” ~ Alex McFarland – Apologist/Broadcaster – NC
“Thank you so much for speaking today! I cannot tell you how happy I was to FINALLY hear someone speak the TRUTH – honestly and unedited. So many teens today are desensitized to the music, the movies, media and sex. Looking around me as you spoke, I could see on the faces of my peers how you were reaching them. I now realize that I AM a Bentley and I don’t have to be advertised. Thank You SO much!” ~ A.C., CA
“Thank you for making it possible for Tina Marie to speak. Our students thought it was one of the best convocations ever.” ~ Dolores, IN
“Please accept my highest recommendation to engage Tina Marie for her “HOLLYWOOD EXPOSED” youth talk on the entertainment media and its impact on our youth, our families and our world. Perhaps our highest endorsement – we can’t wait to have her back!” ~ Steve – former Cincinnati Red’s pitcher, OH
“I attended many seminars (at the music festival) but the one that ripped my heart out was Tina Marie’s talk. I had tears in my eyes for the whole 90 minute seminar….Thank you for this message, you didn’t just change my life but you also changed Street Level of North Dakota.” ~ Mark, N.D.
“Dude, your speech at Don’t Get Punk’d in Pigeon Forge was wicked awesome!!!!! I was so psyched up after! Most speakers aren’t that REAL with us… But you had the facts which was so cool. ~ Adriane, AL
“I am touched by the way you captivated my daughter’s heart and mind with your positive message. Great timing for us. The world is in dire need of whole, healthy female role models.” ~ Michelle, WI
“I am a 13 year old boy from Bozeman. I saw your seminar & I was blown away. Thank you for opening a new life of music for me!” ~ Andrew, MT
“It’s pretty scary out there these days. I had no idea how much 1 person can make a difference. Your message has changed my entire outlook on life. I will never be the same! Thanks for getting the TRUTH out there, and for being a huge part of changing our generation.” ~ Kacee, CA
“Your presentation had a definite impact on the school. I just wanted you to know that you are very well appreciated in Norway, MI. Thanks again for devoting yourself to such a great cause!” ~ Luke, MI
“It was inspiring to hear someone tell a group of high school kids (just like me) that we can make a positive difference in our future. A lot of people think my generation is full of apathetic teens who only want to party and live without consequences.” ~ Callie, CA
“When I came home, it really hit me with everything you said about all the music. After being convicted for about 36 hours, I broke down and destroyed 135 CDs that were nothing but garbage! Thanks for that! I never really realized how much that did influence my life! I will never forget you.” ~ Katie, TN
PAST CLIENTS/EVENTS (PARTIAL)
- National Speakers Association
- Missouri School Counselor Association
- Wisconsin Student Council Association
- South Dakota state prison
- MUSIC FESTIVALS (Crossover, Ichthus, Resound Fest, Fishnet, Shine, Lifelight, Spiritfest, Lifest)
- PATH (A Positive Approach to Teen Health) GALA
- Momentum Youth Convention + many other youth events
- FOCUS ON THE FAMILY (Mother-Daughter cruises & International Mission Trips)
- STARS National Abstinence Conference
- various schools and conferences throughout Africa, South America
- Hamilton, Ontario Canada Public Health Conference
- + hundreds of high school and middle school assemblies
TINA HAS OPENED FOR (PARTIAL)
- Colton Dixon
- Jeremy Camp
- Third Day
- Jeff Deyo
- Chris August
Tina’s mission is to challenge the next generation to live counter-culturally to what the critics claim is “harmless entertainment.” It's time we live who we were meant to be rather than who we are told to be.
Tina can be reached @ 920-544-1381 or through her website @ www.CounterCultureMom.com
* Click on the REVIEWS link on her website for quotes/video reviews from past attendees/clients (faculty, staff, school administrators, event planners, etc.)