For over two decades, former Hollywood actress Tina Griffin has built a reputation as being a leading pop culture expert. She's travelled globally for the past 12 years to reveal how pop culture and media is glamorizing harmful behaviors without showing the consequences and how this is eroding the foundational development of today's youth. Tina has been sharing her eye-opening pop culture message - Hollywood Exposed - at school assemblies, parent meetings, colleges, leadership conferences, music festivals, camps, cruise ships, church services and other venues. This is a very up-to-date, timely, interactive show, including quotes from celebrities as well as actual interview footage affirming that positive media, friends and choices lead to a successful life.
Tina has worked on TV shows such as Jimmy Kimmel Live, Young and the Restless, Lizzie Maguire, Drake and Josh, and Malcolm in the Middle, and countless Hollywood movies. In addition, she was a National Trainer for L’Oreal Cosmetics, was Limited Too’s “Passion for Fashion” national tour emcee, a contestant in the preliminary Miss America pageant and worked at the OSCARS. She’s been a guest on ABC’s Dr. Keith Ablow Show, Alan Colmes National FOX Radio show along with hundreds of other radio and TV programs throughout North and South America and is currently a regular guest on Stand Up for the Truth podcast.
While working as an actor in Hollywood for more than 10 years, Tina has talked with a myriad of celebrities about the differences in the roles they played and their behind-the-scene lifestyles. She realized ‘these secrets’ must be revealed to the masses. During the Hollywood Exposed show, Tina gives the inside scoop of how celebrities shelter their own children from any violent, obscene entertainment and how they preview media entering their homes. This inspirational and motivational show challenges and changes the hearts of all who hear. The facts presented help people establish a vision and purpose for their lives, and learn leadership and goal setting skills that leads to better family and peer relationships. She addresses ways to diminish drug and alcohol use, low self-esteem issues and thoughts about suicide. One of the results is that teens understand their identity is not based on the latest pop culture trends.
In the Hollywood Exposed show, Tina covers today’s top TV shows, movies, video games, magazines and music. She shows how making wise media choices will have a positive impact on our self esteem, relationships, outlook on life and our self worth.
Tina earned a Film and Television Broadcasting degree from California State University - Los Angeles. When she isn't traveling and speaking, you will find her busy writing radio spots, blogging, cooking, homeschooling her 4 munchkins or having a romantic date night with her best friend - husband Luke.
- Tina’s personal stories of living & working in Hollywood as an actress for over a decade
- Today's IDENTITY crisis - teens realize their IDENTITY is NOT based on the latest trend
- The effects of drunk driving & alcohol/drug abuse and celebrities who are helping addicts
- Dangers and effects of violent entertainment and violent video games
- Cheat codes in video games
- Tips on how to set boundaries for kids while using technology (physical Circle device/app demonstrated)
- An in-depth look at brain development during adolescence & how media effects the mind
- Issues and warning signs of bullying, suicide, and cutting and what we can do to get help
- Self esteem and image dilemmas associated with media pressures to "fit in”
- Safety measures for social media such as Facebook, Snapchat and online chat rooms
- Awareness and consequences of sexting and texting while driving
- Celebrities who are positive role models to follow
- Tools needed to be a leader and how to use your talents to be a world-changer
- Many positive entertainment choices given throughout the show
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“Over the last two decades, it has been our privilege to schedule and work with many speakers and authors. We have been privileged to book the most well known communicators in the world. As might be expected, some make more of an impression than others; but one person who made quite an impact on our audiences and staff was Tina Marie Griffin. She held an audience of over 2,000 college students riveted as she shared her own life story and truth in a compelling fashion. She was a joy to work with and clearly came with the heart of a servant. In our opinion, she is a world class communicator every step of the way.” ~ Alex McFarland – Apologist/Broadcaster – NC
“Thank you so much for speaking today! I cannot tell you how happy I was to FINALLY hear someone speak the TRUTH – honestly and unedited. So many teens today are desensitized to the music, the movies, media and sex. Looking around me as you spoke, I could see on the faces of my peers how you were reaching them. I now realize that I AM a Bentley and I don’t have to be advertised. Thank You SO much!” ~ A.C., CA
“Thank you for making it possible for Tina Marie to speak. Our students thought it was one of the best convocations ever.” ~ Dolores, IN
“Please accept my highest recommendation to engage Tina Marie for her “HOLLYWOOD EXPOSED” youth talk on the entertainment media and its impact on our youth, our families and our world. Perhaps our highest endorsement – we can’t wait to have her back!” ~ Steve – former Cincinnati Red’s pitcher, OH
“I attended many seminars (at the music festival) but the one that ripped my heart out was Tina Marie’s talk. I had tears in my eyes for the whole 90 minute seminar….Thank you for this message, you didn’t just change my life but you also changed Street Level of North Dakota.” ~ Mark, N.D.
“Dude, your speech at Don’t Get Punk’d in Pigeon Forge was wicked awesome!!!!! I was so psyched up after! Most speakers aren’t that REAL with us… But you had the facts which was so cool. ~ Adriane, AL
“I am touched by the way you captivated my daughter’s heart and mind with your positive message. Great timing for us. The world is in dire need of whole, healthy female role models.” ~ Michelle, WI
“I am a 13 year old boy from Bozeman. I saw your seminar & I was blown away. Thank you for opening a new life of music for me!” ~ Andrew, MT
“It’s pretty scary out there these days. I had no idea how much 1 person can make a difference. Your message has changed my entire outlook on life. I will never be the same! Thanks for getting the TRUTH out there, and for being a huge part of changing our generation.” ~ Kacee, CA
“Your presentation had a definite impact on the school. I just wanted you to know that you are very well appreciated in Norway, MI. Thanks again for devoting yourself to such a great cause!” ~ Luke, MI
“It was inspiring to hear someone tell a group of high school kids (just like me) that we can make a positive difference in our future. A lot of people think my generation is full of apathetic teens who only want to party and live without consequences.” ~ Callie, CA
“When I came home, it really hit me with everything you said about all the music. After being convicted for about 36 hours, I broke down and destroyed 135 CDs that were nothing but garbage! Thanks for that! I never really realized how much that did influence my life! I will never forget you.” ~ Katie, TN
PAST CLIENTS/EVENTS (PARTIAL)
- National Speakers Association
- Missouri School Counselor Association
- Wisconsin Student Council Association
- South Dakota state prison
- MUSIC FESTIVALS (Crossover, Ichthus, Resound Fest, Fishnet, Shine, Lifelight, Spiritfest, Lifest)
- PATH (A Positive Approach to Teen Health) GALA
- Momentum Youth Convention + many other youth events
- FOCUS ON THE FAMILY (Mother-Daughter cruises & International Mission Trips)
- STARS National Abstinence Conference
- various schools and conferences throughout Africa, South America
- Hamilton, Ontario Canada Public Health Conference
- + hundreds of high school and middle school assemblies
TINA HAS OPENED FOR (PARTIAL)
- Colton Dixon
- Jeremy Camp
- Third Day
- Jeff Deyo
- Chris August
Tina’s mission is to challenge the next generation to live counter-culturally to what the critics claim is “harmless entertainment.” It's time we live who we were meant to be rather than who we are told to be.
Tina can be reached @ 920-544-1381 or through her website @ www.CounterCultureMom.com
* Click on the REVIEWS link on her website for quotes/video reviews from past attendees/clients (faculty, staff, school administrators, event planners, etc.)