A wife, mother, practicing attorney, an elected official, an entrepreneur, professional speaker, best-selling author and a certified personal and executive coach, Tameika Isaac
Devine is one of the nation’s leading experts on work life integration. As the Founder of The Possibilities Institute, she works with women leaders and mothers to empower
them to discover their leadership possibility, maximize their potential and live a life that leaves a legacy. She is a strong believer that women can have happy and fulfilling personal lives without sacrificing their professional goals and aspirations. She works with dozens of women to help them achieve work life integration so that they can have amazing careers without the feeling of guilt or overwhelm.
At age 29, Mrs. Devine made history when she was first elected as a member of City Council, becoming the first African American female elected to city council and the first
African American to be elected at-large. She is in her 5th term on council and is currently serving as Mayor Pro Tem. Mrs. Devine is a frequent guest on The Urban Scene with Don Frierson, In Touch with Judi Gatson, WIS News, WLTX and WACH Fox 57 News. She has also appeared on MSNBC, CNN and NPR. She has also been featured in Jet Magazine, Madam Noir magazine, Imara Woman Magazine, and Columbia Regional Business Monthly.
Mrs. Devine is one half of a dynamic couple. She is married to Jamie L. Devine, a member of the Richland One Board of School Commissioners. Although, the Devine’s
continue to be very busy in the community, their priority is being parents to their 3 children, Tamia, Jade & Jameson. They are also the parents to a beautiful angel baby,
James Henry, who was born into heaven on August 28, 2014.
Tameika Isaac Devine is a skilled communicator, an inspiration in her community championing many initiatives which have sparked change. She embodies change and her messages serve as catalyst for the strengthening of community, self-esteem, self-value, faith, empowerment and courage as she shares her personal struggles and triumphs.
Tameika Isaac Devine is a dynamic speaker with a message to empower and inspire all audiences. her signature, in demand speaking topics include Anything Is Possible If You Just Believe, How to Find Your Strength Through Tragedy, How You Can Change the World, Moves that Motivate, Creating Your Own Opportunities, Leading vs. Leadership and How to Achieve "Balance" in Today’s Busy World.
Tameika Isaac Devine earned her law degree from The University of South Carolina School of Law and her B.S. in Management from Hampton University.
- Born into Heaven: Lessons of Love, Faith and Reclaiming Your Joy is one couple's story about the loss of a child and how that loss taught them about themselves as individuals, as a couple and most importantly, as children of God. Born into Heaven is a heart wrenching story about learning how to cope with the loss of a child. This book shares the loss experience through the different eyes of a father and a mother.The Devines share with the reader some of the things that have helped them through this journey of grief and healing. The unabashed honesty will resonate with anyone iwho has experienced a loss and found themselves searching for answers. But through their tragedy they have found a renewed faith and learned to trust God through it all. After the loss of their son, the Devines turned their pain into purpose by founding The James Henry Devine Pregnancy and Infant Loss Foundation to help support families who have been affected by the loss of a baby and to raise money to support research into stillbirths. They also founded The Possibilities Institute, LLC a peak performance public speaking, consulting and coaching firm that works with people who are called to be changemakers and who desire to make have a greater impact but fear or loss is causing them to doubt their ability to lead at the next level or enter the next season in their life. This book is for you if you: • Have suffered a loss of any kind and are struggling reclaim your joy • Are struggling to find a purpose for your life? • Know that God has a bigger purpose for your life but are having a hard time discovering what that is • Are struggling with believing in or seeing greater possibility in your life • Want to live a fulfilled life and need help getting there • Are ready to embrace your passion, your purpose, and your full potential
- Think Like A CEO, Act Like A Mom is a perfect blend of sage advice and personal anecdotes by Work Life Integration Strategist Tameika Isaac Devine. In her second book, she explains how working moms can truly have it all. She shares stories from her own personal work-life integration journey that will motivate and empower readers to live an amazing life. She also explains how by implementing simple work-life integration strategies into your daily routine, you can start taking control of your life and create an environment of peace, fulfillment, and satisfaction. This book is not about work-life balance but rather embracing work-life integration. Recognizing that work-life balance is an unattainable goal and that in today’s busy interconnected world, you have to find ways to be successful in all areas of your life without feeling pulled in different directions.
- Whitney M. Young, Jr. Service Award by the Indian Waters Council of Boy Scouts of America
- Top 20 Under 40 by The State Newspaper (2005)
- Woman of Distinction from the Congaree Area Girl Scouts
- Woman of Excellence by the Nu Omicron Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc
- Living the Legacy Award by the National Council of Negro Women
- Lincoln C. Jenkins Jr. Public Service Award by the Columbia Urban League