Steve Melink is founder and CEO of Melink Corporation, a pioneer and leader in clean energy solutions for commercial buildings since 1987. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the company comprises four businesses: Melink T&B provides HVAC testing and balancing services for national accounts; Intelli-Hood manufactures energy-saving controls for kitchen ventilation systems; Melink Solar engineers and constructs solar photovoltaic projects; and Melink Geo manufactures pump stations and commissions geothermal HVAC systems.
Clients of Melink Corporation include Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, Darden, McDonald's, Starbucks, Wendy's, Yum Brands, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Disney, Publix, Whole Foods, P&G, Harvard University, Ohio State University, University of California, U.S. Army and Navy, and many others.
The Melink headquarters is LEED Platinum certified and Net-Zero Energy, with a vehicle feelt of all hybrid and electric cars. Melink is also voted a Best Place To Work by its employees in a national survey.
Steve is a national expert and speaker on energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainability, net-zero energy buildings, integrity, and leadership. His book CEO Power & Light - Transcendent Leadership for a Sustainable World is available on Amazon. In 2017, he receved an honorary Doctor of Humanities from Xavier University and gave the Graduate Commencement Address there on the importance of integrity in the business world.
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2015
- Association of Energy Engineers Renewable Energy Project of the Year 2011
- Doctor of Humanities and Graduate Commencement Speaker at Xavier University 2017
- Melink Headquarters LEED Gold NC and Platinum EB Certification, 2006 and 2010
- U.S. and Foreign Patents in Commercial Kitchen Ventilation Systems and Geothermal HVAC Pump Stations
- U.S. Department of Energy Grant for commercialization of ventilation control system and technical research of geothermal phase-change materials
- Board chair of USGBC Cincinnati as well as board member of Green Energy Ohio, Ohio Advanced Energy Economy, and Green Umbrella