Sharon M. Jones, MA, MA, MFTI has become one of the most talked about women in her area. This gifted visionary is a walking miracle who expresses passionately. She writes, speaks and shares from an authentic place as she engages with her audience. Sharon's diversified talents include not only being an inspiring motivational speaker but a non-fiction author, non-profit visionary, and christian counselor. Sharon possesses a passion for people. With her creativity and calming nature, she consistently creates soul searching, thought provoking, mind regulating insights from her own life experiences. Sharon is the quintessential Renaissance woman. She is a lover of life and an illustrious, energetic, communicator. Her multifaceted dynamic abilities have connected with people worldwide, garnering appreciation, love and respect. Sharon creates a fresh, heartwarming, and unique atmosphere. She stands out with her Gift and passion for impacting people.
Sharon was born in Jamaica, West Indies, raised in England , the United States and Africa, by her adopted parents who are retired from ministry after 51 years and serving as missionaries 16 years in Liberia, West Africa. Sharon is a 3rd generation preacher, teacher musician/singer. Sharon was born with a natural ability to sing, and began taking piano lessons at the tender age of 6 years old. Sharon played the cello during elementary and high school years and continued with the various concert choirs during high school and college years. Sharon ’s outstanding literary writing ability began at the tender age of 12 with journals and song lyrics. Sharon has been married for 33 years, and in her own words, he is the most supportive, loving friend and companion. Sharon is a devoted mother of four adult children – 1 daughter, 3 sons, and 1 grandson and 2 more on the way. She has held a variety of roles in her local church and community to include: Licensed evangelist, missionary, teacher, music director, for over 30 years, young adult ministry leader/instructor, Sunday school teacher, mentor and youth advocate.
Sharon currently travels as a professional motivational speaker, workshop lecturer. Sharon completed her first solo cd single in 2007 - "I won't complain, her 2nd cd - Miracles - 2009 and her first non-fiction autobiography "She found it in the clouds - 2009." She is currently working on her next book - "Journey to 100 years". Sharon is also developing a family clinic in Jamaica which will serve 69,000+ individuals. Sharon is also the executive director of New Insight Family Support Services, a 501c(3) - non-profit organization which provides community services and educational support for disadvantaged families and high-risk youth in the local community. In her spare time, Sharon is the executive director of New Insight Christian Counseling, LLC where she is the senior christian counselor for a faith-based christian counseling agency. Sharon earned her BA degree in Maternal Child Health and worked in private practice as an International Board Certified lactation Consultant, workshop presenter and parenting educator. Sharon earned her dual MA Degrees in counseling psychology, forensic psychology and a certification in pastoral counseling from Holy Names University, and is currently completing her Doctorate degree in "Higher educational leadership" at Union Institute & University. For fun, Sharon enjoys family, traveling, cooking, writing, singing, classic movies and crossword puzzles.
Sharon's theme topics include:
- Accountability: "Does it really matter what you do?"
- Breaking Cycles
- Change: "The door is open, walk thru"
- Children/Youth Issues: "I may be young, but I am empowered to succeed"
- Communication Skills: "I hear myself speaking, but why am I not being heard"
- Creativity/Innovation: "Finding my Creative Juices"
- Empowerment/Achievement: "See it, Believe it, Achieve it, It's yours"
- Excellence: "Reaching for excellence in all that you do"
- Faith/Religion/Spirituality: "What's my conviction all about"
- Goal Setting: "Don't forget to write it down"
- Inspiration: " Are you inspired for greatness"
- Leadership: "I was born to lead"
- Life Balance: "Juggling my life one ball at a time"
- Motivation: "Restoration and Destiny"
- Overcoming Adversity: "Take one step at a time"
- Parenting: "Ok, I'm a parent, so now what?"
- Relationships: "How healthy is your relationship?"
- Self Esteem: "Learning to like me, just as I am"
- Vision & Purpose: "I was created for purpose, what’s yours",
- Women's Issues: "Yes, as a woman, I have a lot to say"
- Success: "I am tenacious and have the audacity to succeed"
- Survivor: "Mrs Jones, you have cancer, now what?"