Michael is known as one who turns vision into reality. Whether a new brand identity; technology solution overhaul; product launch; new business development project; or other major initiative of any kind, he has been able to attain successful outcomes. His "secret" lies in these seven principles:
1. Fully understand the challenge ahead
2. Establish a clear vision for the outcome, after assessing all options
3. Define all the critical tasks that must happen to make the vision a reality
4. Garner the resources to accomplish the tasks
5. Keep it all on track through regular checkpoints, making course corrections along the way
6. Add healthy doses of humor and fun on a regular basis
7. Measure, assess, refine
Specialties include: business development | strategic alliances | new products | marketing I branding I channel partnering
A quick history:
- Born and raised on the south side of Chicago
- Attended Northwestern University undergraduate and graduate business school, Kellogg
- Career started with Wendy’s where he served for ten years in numerous capacities throughout the domestic marketing department and the international division - the last of which was Vice President of New Products and Marketing Analysis. In 1988, Michael joined the then early stage electronic payment services company, CheckFree Corporation (now owned by Fiserv).
- As CheckFree’s first Vice President of Marketing, Michael was largely responsible for the business development and national introduction of the CheckFree Electronic Payment Service. This business grew to $20 million in annual revenue and led to a successful IPO in 1995. During his 14-year stay, CheckFree grew to over $500 million in revenue and a market cap of $1.4 billion - eventually selling in 2007 for $4 billion.
- Since leaving CheckFree, Michael operated his own consulting practice – Premier Marketing - then became involved in several early stage and small businesses including:
- WorthPoint - collector's online resource center
- The Pursuit Group - B2B marketing
- Assurex Global - partnership of 100 leading independently owned insurance brokers
- DataPulse LLC (presently) - data and analytics for brand protection and market intelligence.
Michael is a member Ohio Tech Angels (Central Ohio angel investment fund) and The Association for Corporate Growth. He is past president of the School Choice Ohio Board and supports military veteran causes including Honor Flight Ohio, The Gary Sinise Foundation, and The Wounded Warrior Project.
When not in the office, he enjoys fitness, Italian cuisine, jazz, bourbon and everything Chicago. Content on some of his favorite topics can be viewed on his LinkedIn profile pages and at these links: https://youtu.be/y85yaGtNOOo; https://youtu.be/laAfK7xJ4nI .