“My first words are, GET SIGNED UP! This training is not, and I stress, not your everyday leadership seminar! I have never been a part of anything like it...I have attended dozens and sent hundreds to the so-called ‘Leadership-Training.’ I can tell you that while all of the courses, classes, webinars, and seminars, had good intentions, nothing can touch what Mack and Ria Story provide. I just wish I had it 20 years ago…I could go on-and-on…100% of the team that attended said that they were ‘blown-away, they did not see that conviction and passion coming.’ Many thanks, Mack and Ria!” ~ Sam M. VP & COO CMP
“We would highly recommend Mack and Ria as speakers for organizations looking for professional, energetic and experienced speakers or presenters for conferences or meetings where an inspirational, educational, and entertaining presentation is required….The presentation was inspirational, thought-provoking, and filled with humor. It highlighted several key ways to deal effectively with changes on a personal and professional level, and taught us some foundational principles of leadership.” ~Stephen, President WCR
This powerful husband and wife team make your event more dynamic, engaging, and inspirational! View more testimonials here.
Blue-Collar Leadership®, founded by Mack Story (with his wife Ria) is uniquely designed content specifically created to engage and develop the front line workforce and those who lead them. Mack spent many years in the blue-collar workforce, starting his career working as a front line machine shop operator. Later in his career, he logged over 11,000 hours leading hundreds of leaders and their teams through process improvement, leadership development, organizational change, and cultural transformation, both as an employee and as an independent consultant. He specializes in quickly increasing engagement by connecting with your team, facilitating improved communication, creating an atmosphere of teamwork, and increasing your team’s productivity. The result: increased profit, improved morale, and reduced turnover.
Like many, Ria faced adversity in life. Ria was sexually abused by her father from age 12 – 19, forced to play the role of his wife, and even shared with other men. Desperate to escape, she left home at 19 without a job, a car, or even a high school diploma. Ria learned to be resilient, not only surviving, but thriving. She worked her way through college, earning her MBA with a cumulative 4.0 GPA, and had a successful career in the corporate world of administrative healthcare. Today, Ria is a motivational leadership speaker, TEDx Speaker, and author of 10 books, including Leadership Gems for Women. Ria shares powerful leadership principles and tools of transformation from her journey to equip and empower women, helping them realize, optimize, and maximize their leadership potential.
Working in completely different industries, Mack and Ria both learned to apply leadership principles to their respective careers with incredible results personally and professionally. They developed a passion for helping others by sharing powerful leadership principles in a way that is easy to understand and simple to apply. Mack and Ria speak together for a more dynamic presentation and offer a comprehensive selection of motivational and leadership topics. They have 20 books published.
- U.S. Military
- Auburn University
- Koch Industries
- Charter Bank
- Cobb County Government
- Auburn Electrical Construction Company
- Arizona Association of Medical Staff Services
- Century 21 Intown
- High School - Students & Educators
- Associations, Conferences, Workshops
- Sales Groups
- Real Estate Professionals
Why book Mack and Ria? We don’t just go through the motions.
- More than just entertaining keynote speakers – Mack and Ria work with you to make your event a success! They will schedule a conference call before your event to learn about your goals for the event and how they can support you in reaching those goals. Each presentation is customized to the event and audience.
- Mack and Ria interact with your audience – before and after their presentation or throughout your event.
- Inspirational Story – with an often humorous and down to earth style, Mack and Ria share their experiences in overcoming adversity, lessons from experience in the corporate worl, their lives, and learning to develop personally and professionally. They share the leadership lessons they successfully applied.
- Certified Leadership Speakers and Trainers – Mack and Ria also offer workshops and training sessions customized for your organization, team or event. Workbooks are available for workshops and training seminars (on request).
- Published Authors – with 20 books available on leadership topics, resilience, personal & professional success. Ask about a customized back cover for your event!
- Professional & Experienced – Mack and Ria are certified speakers and trainers experienced at speaking to all sizes of groups, large or small. They connect to the audience to engage them, educate them, and empower them. They have both shared the stage with and been mentored by motivational speaker Les Brown.
I used Ria and Mack for training of a group of change management leaders and also a group of manufacturing senior leaders. Ria and Mack’s training was very relevant and very inspiring. Their delivery kept the group engaged! I would definitely use them again and would recommend them to anyone needing to motivate your group or for leader training. Awesome!” ~Lorraine, HR Director, Kimberly-Clark
- Blue-Collar Leadership: Leading from the Front Lines - Finally, there is a book specifically created for the often overlooked and underdeveloped blue-collar workers on the front lines. If you're on the front lines it will help you better understand: - how to make an impact from where you are - how to be recognized for your abilities - how to position yourself well for promotions - how to increase your influence with your leaders and your teammates - how to be a better team player - how & why you should accept more responsibility - how to intentionally become more valuable to the company - how to become more valuable and successful as an individual - how to lead yourself well in order to create a better future for yourself This book will actually be great for anyone at any level in any industry, but the greatest value will be for those in the blue-collar world on the front lines along with the first few layers of front line leaders.
- Leadership Gems for Women - Women are naturally high level leaders because they are relationship oriented. However, it's a "man's world" out there and natural ability isn't enough to help you be successful as a leader. You must intentionally develop your skills, so you can lead and influence others at home, at work, at church, or even as a volunteer. In Leadership Gems For Women, Ria has packed 30 precious gems of leadership wisdom on characteristics of very successful women - and insight on how you can develop them yourself. Ria has combined her years of experience in leadership roles of different organizations along with years of studying, teaching, training, and speaking on leadership to give you these 30, short and simple, yet powerful and profound, lessons to help you become very successful, regardless of whether you are in a formal leadership position or not.
- Written by Mack and Ria Story, Change Happens: Leading Yourself and Others Through Change gives readers two different perspectives (personal and professional) on 15 principles of dealing with change. Included are key lessons on overcoming resistance to change, leading change, communicating and overcoming fear of change, and more. Learning how to respond effectively to upcoming changes will allow you to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Straight Talk: The Power of Effective Communication brings readers 30 easy to read and apply lessons on the principles of effective communication. Learn how to connect effectively in order to leverage your communication skills. Apply these key lessons to accelerate your career, increase your influence, and enhance your personal and professional relationships. STRAIGHT TALK: The Power of Effective Communication is the third book in Ria's Effective Leadership Series.
- MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIAL: Unleash the Leader Within is a leadership book for the front line associate. Learn basic leadership skills that help you realize more of your untapped potential and accelerate your growth personally and professionally. Learn: how to make an impact from where you are - how to become recognized for your abilities - how to position yourself well for promotion - how to increase influence with your leaders and teammates - how to be a better team player - how & why to accept more responsibility - how to intentionally become more valuable to the company and how to become more valuable and successful as an individual.
- Who's Buying You? â€śSales persuasion and influence, moving others, has changed more in the last 10 years than it has in the last 100 years. It has transitioned from buyer beware to seller bewareâ€ť ~ Daniel Pink So, itâ€™s no longer â€śBuyer beware!â€ť Itâ€™s â€śSeller beware!â€ť Why? Today, the buyer has the advantage over the seller. Most often, they are holding it in their hand. Itâ€™s a smart phone. They can learn everything about your product before they meet you. They can compare features and prices instantly. The major advantage you do still have is: YOU! IF they like you. IF they trust you. IF they feel you want to help them. This book is filled with 30 short chapters providing unique insights that will give you the advantage, not over the buyer, but over your competition: those who are selling what youâ€™re selling. It will help you sell yourself. â€śMany salespeople believe that customers buy their products and services first. Incorrect. The first thing prospects buy is the salesperson. The first sale made is you.â€ť ~ Jeffrey Gitomer
- MAXIMIZE Your Leadership Potential: Moving Beyond Management & Supervision is a "Leadership 101" for leaders at any level. It's written in an easy to read format with 30 chapters that are three pages each. It can also be easily utilized for conducting a 30 day book study with your leaders. This book is a tool and resource for developing those courageous people who have stepped up and accepted a position of leadership, most often, without ever receiving any formal leadership training. Theyâ€™re simply expected to lead without being taught how to lead. And, they do the best they can. This book will help them grow beyond management and supervision.
- BEYOND BOUND AND BROKEN - We all face adversity in life. The question is, how will you respond to it? Will you learn to be resilient? Will you learn to thrive or merely survive? In this inspirational book, Ria shares how she overcame shame, fear, and doubt that stemmed from years of being sexually abused by her father. Forced to play the role of a wife and even shared with other men due to her fatherâ€™s perversions, Ria left home at 19 without a job, a car, or even a high-school diploma. By experiencing Riaâ€™s journey to resilience, you will find courage for your own. What happens to us in life isnâ€™t as important as how we respond to it. The choices we make today will define us tomorrow. Reviews: â€śBeyond Bound and Broken is a deeply inspiration book; one that will stay with you for years to come. The lessons are deep, yet practical, and her advice leads to clear solutions. This is a profoundly hopeful book. We all face pain, difficulty, and doubt but with resilience, we can lead vital, flourishing lives. Riaâ€™s story although sometimes painfully difficult to read because of the trials she endured is a story of great courage and compassion both for herself as victim and for those who betrayed her. Forgiveness is a strong theme as is courage. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is struggling to move forward after experiencing a great trial.â€ť ~Amazon Customer
- Blue-Collar Leadership & Supervision: Unleash Your Teams Potential is primarily for those who have others reporting to them, especially those new to a formal leadership position or those who have had very little or no formal leadership training. Think of this book as "Leadership 101" for front line leaders. It's written in an easy to read format with 30 chapters that are three pages each. It can also be easily utilized for conducting a 30 day book study with your front line leaders.
- PRIME Time: The Power of Effective Planning Are you living your life in PRIME Time? Are you living and working in alignment with your purpose, passion and personal mission? Are you living an abundant life, accomplishing your goals, and achieving your dreams? In PRIME Time: The Power of Effective Planning, you will learn how to set and achieve the goals that are important to you, how to set boundaries, and how to increase effectiveness at home and at work. Complete with personal coaching worksheets, you will walk step-by-step through your individual action plan to achieve success and harmony in each of the four dimensions of life: physical, mental, relational, and spiritual.
- A.C.H.I.E.V.E. - 7 Keys to Success, Significance, and Your Potential In this mini-book, Ria shares 7 lessons she learned about Attitude, Choices, Humility, Integrity, Energy, Vision, and Excellence crafting the acronym A.C.H.I.E.V.E.. These brief vignettes into her life experiences provide humorous, touching or sad lessons learned the hard way, and straight from the heart. Often more is learned from our failures in life than our successes if we reflect on the lesson and apply it to the future.
- 10 Foundational Elements of Intentional Transformation is a â€śhow-toâ€ť road-map. Transformation doesnâ€™t just happen. We must make it happen. The principles Mack shares throughout this book are principles he have personally applied to transform. After achieving success, he reflected on â€śhowâ€ť it happened. The answers he discovered are what you will find on these pages.
- Ria's Story From Ashes To Beauty is the unforgettable story and inspirational memoir of a young woman who was sexually abused by her father and rejected by her mother. Determined to not only survive, but also thrive, Ria shares how she was able to overcome the odds and find hope and healing to Achieve Abundant Life. She shares leadership principles that she applied to find professional success and personal significance, and how she was able to find the courage to share her story to give hope to others around the world.
- 10 Values of High Impact Leaders "We have far more than we need to succeed on the outside. The question is do we have what we need to succeed on the inside?" ~ Mack Story High Impact leaders align their habits with key values in order to maximize their influence. These 10 values are common sense. However, they are not always common practice. These 10 values will help you build trust and accelerate relationship building. Those mastering these 10 values will be able to lead with speed as they develop 360Â° of influence from wherever they are.
- Defining Influence Are you looking for transformation in your life? Do you want better results? Do you want stronger relationships? In Defining Influence, Mack blends his personal growth journey with lessons on the principles he learned to apply effectively along the way. He's not telling you what he learned after years of research. He's a regular guy telling you what he learned after years of application and transformation. He has found his purpose in helping others grow and develop as they light the fire within.