“‘Storytelling for Leaders' is a must-experience presentation. Dr. Ray Lauk - storyteller and toffeemaker - has the recipe for not only great toffee, but building great stories. He demonstrates simple, but powerful ideas for creating communication strategies using your own life experiences. His own stories had the room laughing. His strategies had the room talking."
Anne Roeper, Construction Specifications Institute
“Dr. Lauk knocked it out of the park! The audience loved him! Thank you for making the February Professional Development event the best ever! Dr. Lauk delivered great energy with poise and confidence in his presentation, tons of take home and inspiration.”
Kia Gunter, American Society of Military Comptrollers Land of Lincoln Chapter President
“Ray’s sessions were thought provoking, informative and entertaining. He combined both humor and interactive programs that left our members energized. “
Greg Bell, Florida Building Materials Association
"Please bring Dr. Ray back again next year love him!!!
I love his energy!!!!!
Kept me interested and taking notes…very engaging Great energy!
Applicable and uplifting topic…Excellent motivator.
1st time I really paid attention to the speaker…Great job!!!
Great session- he really gets the crowd going- very involved which helps.
Taking this information back to my office. Excellent---kept you involved.
Polished pro speaker… Great choice for the attendees!!! Excellent wrap up at end. Terrific topic for all- attendees and vendors too!!! Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Evaluations from the May 2018 Conference of the Michigan Association of Student Financial Services Administrators.
Dr. Ray Lauk is an international humorous motivational speaker, leadership development expert, sales trainer, educator, stand-up comic, storyteller, and entrepreneur who teaches your team:
- Storytelling for Leaders
- Leadership Development and Team Building
- Motivational Sales Training and Accountability
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Building organizations that fuel growth through learning.
Dr. Lauk speaks at the intersection of leadership development, sales training, entrepreneurial success, and effective leadership and communication through storytelling. While his content is serious, his presentation style draws upon his background as a stand-up and improv comic trained at Chicago’s legendary Second City Theater. Ray understands that authentic learning occurs when participants are engaged, active, laughing, and fully present. He guarantees a most remarkable program unlike any that you have previously seen—and assures you that your goals will be met.
Dr. Ray’s Background and Experience
- Entrepreneur – owner of Dr. Ray’s Toffee.
- Former Vertical Marketing Manager at GE.
- Graduate of Chicago’s Second City Improv comedy program
- Fast Company Magazine awarded him the Fast 50 Award.
- Stand-up comic and storyteller performing throughout the United States, Spain, Bangkok, and Rio de Janeiro.
- Ph.D., MBA, and a Master’s in Education—all from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Adjunct professor
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Concordia University in Chicago
- The College of New Jersey’s International Master’s Program in Bangkok, Thailand, and Mallorca, Spain.
- Author of FUEL for Learning that teaches individuals how to get exceptional results and accomplish extraordinary goals.
Dr. Ray’s Past Speaking Clients
- KPMG Consultants, Chicago
- Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University
- SE Region Construction Specifications Institute
- Michigan Association of Student Financial Services Administrators
- Florida Building Materials Association
- California Public Employees Retirement System
- American Society of Military Comptrollers
- McGraw-Hill Publishers
- HSBC Bank
- National School Boards Association
- Illinois State University
- State School Boards Associations in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, and Kentucky
- American Association of School Administrators
- Illinois Association of School Administrators
- Association of American Schools in South America
Dr. Ray Lauk is committed to making your program a fantastic success! His speaking fees and travel expenses are negotiable within certain ranges depending on your needs, budget, and schedule.
Please contact Dr. Ray Lauk at 630-802-1992 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos and testimonials are available at his web sites at: