How to Foster Development in People, Relationships and Organizations
Leaders, educators, parents, supervisors are all in the same profession – they help people grow. We grow through our relationships. It is through your relationship to others that you can help them grow. And it is through your relationships that you grow as well.
I help people help people grow.
- To develop as an person, reflect continuously on your values.
- To develop as an person, cultivate a growth mindset and move slowly toward becoming the person you want to be.
- To raise caring and responsible children, be both responsive and demanding.
- To educate, teach for mastery. Don't stop teaching until students learn.
- Approach every conflict as an opportunity for problem solving and growth.
- To change a system, tweak one important part of it and track how change ripples through the system. Reflect and repeat.
- To lead, foster deep collaboration among constituents toward shared goals.
- To lead, grant responsibility to your workforce based on their passions and strengths.
?When something develops, it becomes a better version of itself. I help people and organizations cultivate better versions of themselves and of the people they wish to help grow.
A Recent Sampling of Dr. Mascolo's Talks
Click here to view a series of recent talks given by Dr. Mascolo delivered at Parent University. These include:
- Culitvating a Growth Mindset in Children (Keynote Address)
- Conflict Management with Children
- Moving from "Me" to "We" in Age of Entitlement
Professor (Psychology), Author, Speaker, Relationship and Conflict Resolution Coach
PhD, University at Albany, 1987
Post Doctoral Fellowship, Harvard Graduate School of Education (Intellectual, Social and Emotional Development)
Professor of Psychology, Merrimack College, North Andover, MA
Academic Director, Compass Learning Program, Merrimack College
Author/Editor of four books, one forthcoming book, over 100 scholarly papers and presentations, and hundreds of articles and blog posts on matters related to human development.