John S. LaRosa, B.S., MBA
President, Marketdata Enterprises, Inc.
(independent market research & consulting firm)
Marketdata Enterprises, Inc.
7210 Wareham Drive
Tampa, FL 33647 (813-971-8080)
Mr. LaRosa is the President of Marketdata Enterprises, Inc., a 36-year old privately owned independent market research publishing/consulting firm. During his career, Mr. LaRosa has personally authored more than 100 major industry/market studies, primarily in the service and healthcare sectors. In addition to publishing such studies, Marketdata has extensive experience creating and building “authority websites”.
Many of Marketdata’s studies (personally researched by Mr. LaRosa) cover little-analyzed niche markets. Frequently, Marketdata’s study is the ONLY business analysis available. Such is the case with sectors such as: the self-improvement market, the sleep market, pain management programs, dating services, fertility clinics, the weight loss market, etc.
Mr. LaRosa and Marketdata have been an analyst of the U.S. weight loss market since 1989, researching/writing 13 editions of an in-depth market study entitled: The U.S. Weight Loss & Diet Control Market, the Diet Food Home Delivery Market, Weight Loss Websites, Worksite Weight Loss Programs, The Medical Weight Loss Programs Market, The Market for MLM Weight Loss Products—50+ in-depth weight loss reports, as well as quarterly Online Dieter Research Reports since Q1 2005-2012. He is the creator of a 2,000+ page website called: BestDietForMe.com, which provided diet program reviews for the top 60 U.S. diet programs, as well as a proprietary diet quiz for consumers, from 2005-2012 (no longer operational).
Mr. LaRosa has performed numerous custom research and consulting assignments for weight loss companies, physicians, and start-ups of all sizes, including medical programs, commercial programs, and pharmaceutical firms. He is also the author of a Guide: “How To Start A Profitable Weight Loss Business”. In summary, Mr. LaRosa is the leading American business consultant covering the entire weight loss market and its ten sub-segments, since 1989.
Marketdata’s research is also available via several electronic databases, internationally. Mr. LaRosa performs frequent custom studies and consulting assignments for Fortune 1000 corporations, and writes articles for a variety of trade associations, newsletters, magazines and journals. He also hosts various trade conferences periodically, and hosts teleseminars.
Mr. LaRosa has worked as a consultant and advisor to several industry trade groups, including the Equipment Leasing Association and the National Parking Association. He has been a contributing writer to trade journals such as The Bariatrician and WLS Lifestyles. Mr. LaRosa holds numerous conference calls with Wall Street and stock analysts, primarily covering the weight loss market. He also critiques and advises start-up companies with new product launches, business plans and marketing plans.
Mr. LaRosa graduated from the State University of New York with a B.S. in Education in 1976, and earned his M.B.A. in Marketing from Hofstra University in New York in 1979. He has worked for 30 years in the fields of: Marketing Management and Marketing Research, and now lives in Tampa, Florida.
Main topics or areas of expertise are:
* anything about the weight loss market (case studies of what has worked/not worked for companies, how/why MDs should add a medical weight loss program to their practice, dieter demographics/preferences, market trends, potential of anti-obesity drugs, weight loss franchises pros and cons, the meal replacements market, weight loss counseling as a career, the effect of and opportunities presented by Obamacare
* why market research is important for start-ups and entrepreneurs, for business plans, due diligence, corroborating or knocking down wild ass guesses about ,market potential
* the nature and status of the self-improvement market, size, sub-markets
* scams and frauds in the self-improvement market - what consumers should be aware of, red flags
* the status of personal coaching
* the status of the live seminars business
* the making of a self-improvement guru - multiple products/services and distribution channels and partners/affiliates
* monetizing a websites' traffic via ad networks, affiliate programs, opt-in mail list rentals, subscriptions and product sales
* the use of free and low-cost government and trade association information
* why stock analysts miss 50% of the real story on most company reports, why their lack of marketing knowledge will hurt you and be lopsided
* service sectors ripe for investment - 5 case studies
* the medical foods market, status and nature
* How to enter the self-improvement market
* real estate - investing in rental properties - pitfalls & protections
* online coaching and "mastery courses", why they are expensive, overrated and too complicated for the average person.
* scam nation - the scam economy: how the current economy is flooded with Ponzi schemes, poor franchises, identity theft, payday loans, multi-level marketers, email and charity scams, fraudulent tax return filing, rent-to-own stores, car title loans, for-profit online universities, online "master" courses, and more - why it's happening: the vacuum of too few "honest" jobs and preying on the elderly
Marketdata’s market research has been quoted since 1989 by the… Wall Street Journal, N.Y. Times, Newsweek, USA Today, Forbes, Fortune, Business Week, Entrepreneur, Research Alert, Bariatrician, Nutrition Business Journal, LA Times, Boston Globe, Chicago Sun Times, dozens of national trade groups, and hundreds of local newspapers nationwide. Mr. LaRosa has appeared on CNN, Nightline, ABC, FOX-TV, and other stations and is frequently interviewed by the media.