Marie is the proverbial “instant success” after 22 years of
entrepreneurial determination, persistence, continuous improvement...
Her practical business information combined with anecdotal stories of
achievement through adversity deliver a message that is both valuable and memorable.
Ms. Marie Diaz
Author, Speaker, Philanthropist, Inspirationist
Chief Visionary Officer / CEO
Pursuit of Excellence, Inc.
CEO Clubs Australia
Cielo Creations - Gourmet Coffee, Chocolate & Teas
Marie Diaz - Inspirationist
Ms. Diaz inspires the type of thinking necessary for innovation action and accelerated success. As a key note speaker, Ms. Diaz inspires and motivates corporate executives, business entrepreneurs and individuals that aspire to achieve a higher degree of success not just professionally but personally. With Ms. Diaz’s ability to make her audience laugh, listen and learn, she has helped thousands of people around the world take personal action towards reaching their goals. Ms. Diaz was honored and recognized in 2010 by INC 500 magazine as #1 Top Fastest Growing HR Firm in the Nation, #3 Top Fastest Growing Women owned Firm in the nation and over all ranking of #26 Top Fastest Growing Business in the Nation!
Ms. Diaz is a frequent speaker for business and community organizations. She also is an advocate for young adults in the pursuit of leadership and entrepreneurship. She is inspirational, powerful and dynamic. By combining inspiring keynotes with skills-based training, Ms. Diaz is able to bring about positive change.
Marie Diaz - Chief Visionary Officer
As a mentor trainer and facilitator, she has fortified a proven approach for helping client's master problem-solving skills while planning and making critical decisions within their organizations and communities. In the field of people training and development, she leads the way in helping businesses unleash superior performance. Her developmental approach is geared toward promoting participation, breaking down inefficiencies that inhibit productivity, and linking individual goals and pride of ownership with organizational objectives. She has taken the same approach and modified this to meet the needs of today’s youth. She strongly believes that we cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future. While being a strong supporter for small business growth and entrepreneurship, Ms. Diaz is very passionate about the growth and success of her community, the people who make it a success and, most importantly, helping others succeed.
Marie Diaz - Programs
1. Weekly/Monthly Workshops
2. Full Day/Half Day Consulting/Training
3. Weekend/Weekday retreats
4. Custom-Designed Programs and more . . .
Be prepared to participate and have fun as Ms. Diaz is known for the interactivity of her presentations. She has a natural talent for engaging the audience with a combination of insight, sincerity, and enthusiasm and delivers her message in a way that leaves her listeners a little wiser about the subject at hand. Her unique training concepts provide the tools necessary to facilitate power packed, experiential learning programs. The facilitator guides include, dynamic Power Point presentations, flip charts, handouts and client-involved learning exercises.
Marie Diaz - Awards and Recognition
- In August 2010, Ms. Diaz’s company Pursuit of Excellence earned the position of 26 on the 2010 Inc. 500 annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in America. Also, the 2010 Inc. 5000 Top 10 Women Entrepreneurs.
- In May 2010, Ms. Diaz is named as a Finalist for the 2010 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- In April 2010, Ms. Diaz was selected as a winner of the 2010 Entrepreneur of the Year by w2wlink.com.
- In April 2010, Pursuit of Excellence, Inc. was recognized for the ”North Texas Business Ethics Award by the Dallas Business Journal.
- In 2010, Ms. Diaz was recognized and written about in the March edition of Color Magazine.
- In 2009, Ms. Diaz launched her “Making of Champions” program in several DISD schools.
- In 2009, Ms. Diaz won "Inclusiveness Champion of the Year - Corporate Individual" from Ernst & Young’s Celebration of Diversity event.
- In 2009, Ms. Diaz's company Pursuit of Excellence, Inc. made Hispanic Business Magazine’s 500 largest U.S. Hispanic-owned companies.
- In 2009, Ms. Diaz was selected as a 2009 Minority Business Leader Honoree by the Dallas Business Journal.
- In 2008, Ms. Diaz was a nominee for the 2008 La Cima Advocacy Leader Award by the Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- In 2008, Ms. Diaz was recognized and written about in Latino Biz Magazine as one of the top fastest growing business leaders who give back to their community.
- In 2008, Ms. Diaz was recognized by DISD as developing the district’s Mentor Protégé Program, personally educating minority and women-owned businesses regarding best industry practices, recommending a training curriculum designed to grow minority and women-owned companies.
- In 2008, Ms. Diaz was listed in the Dallas Business Journal as one of the Top 50 Minority-Owned Businesses in the Dallas area.
- In 2007, Ms. Diaz is nominated for the SMU-COX Caruth Institute award for 100 top companies in Dallas, Texas. The award has recognized the achievement and growth of many successful companies. The award winners are chosen solely on increased growth in sales, giving weight to percentage to growth and absolute dollar growth between 2004 and 2006.
Marie Diaz - Choosing the Right Speaker
There are essentially three types of business or professional speakers available in the marketplace. Your choice of speaker will determine how powerful, how effective and how transformational their message will be for your audience.
The first is a professional speaker and sometimes author. This type of speaker is an academic and expert presenter who has researched a subject enough to become accomplished at presenting research findings and material. They may have a number of published works which follow a consistent theme. Harvard educators who have also published books based on their research fall into this category. Speakers in this category have the lowest level of authority – as compared to their peers in other categories.
The second is a professional authority who is a recognized expert based on position or achievement. Olympic athletes and astronauts fall into this category. Because of their unique role or achievement, they are frequently entertaining and interesting speakers, particularly when presenting inspirational content interwoven with their personal story. Speakers in this category have a higher level of authority with audiences because they’ve personally “been there, done that.”
The third type of speaker is professional leader who has achieved something great, usually through a leadership position. Examples include coaches of championship teams, successful entrepreneurs and political leaders. Speakers in this category have the highest level of authority with audiences because they have both the credentials and the track record to be able to speak to a wide variety of issues in a very powerful way.
Marie is in this final category – the proverbial “instant success” after 22 years of entrepreneurial determination, persistence, continuous improvement, and learning though failure. Marie’s personal and professional story has the lessons and the results to resonate with virtually any the audience. Her practical business information combined with anecdotal stories of achievement through adversity will make the message both valuable and memorable.