Larry’s upbeat, creative approach to business has been recognized in publications from Entrepreneur Magazine to the Los Angeles Times, and has been featured on every major television network, and cable programs including MSNBC's Your Business with JJ Ramberg and Travel Channel's Hotel Impossible. He has been awarded Ernst & Young's prestigious "Entrepreneur of the Year" award; the National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA) has honored him with their "Vetrepreneur of the Year" award; and he has been named among Entrepreneur Magazine's Hot 500 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies.
Inspiration & Motivation, Transformational Leadership, Peak Performance, Entrepreneurship, Military Veteran Causes, Hotel & Restaurant Topics, Personal Growth, Overcoming Obstacles, Elite Team Building
LEADERSHIP LESSONS FROM A FORMER GREEN BERET:
Larry shares the insider secrets and the key success strategies for effective leadership from his service on A-Teams in the US Army’s elite Special Forces (The Green Berets), and how he parlayed them to build world-class businesses and become an award-winning entrepreneur. Larry explains that healthy and effective leadership skills are within everyone’s grasp, not exclusive to those in official command-structure roles in formal organizations. Based on his military and entrepreneurial experience building teams that outmaneuver and outperform larger, better-funded organizations, Larry discusses the ideal profile of effective teams and offers tools, techniques, and resources to create and motivate teams to greatness. This humorous, uplifting and inspiring keynote can be up to 90-minutes in length and is perfect for all associations, entrepreneur and corporate functions, college/university events, and medium to large organizations
WINNING NOT WHINING: A VICTOR’S STORY OF TRIUMPH:
Larry shares motivational & inspirational stories, lessons, and anecdotes of victory over the guilt and shame of personal trauma during his teen years, early leadership roles, serving as an elite US Army Green Beret, struggles with addiction, life as an accomplished entrepreneur, living with PTSD, and the rewards of faith and family. These presentations can be customized for audiences of all ages and maturity levels. His journey from darkness to light is emotional, funny, and inspiring. Some audience members are stunned, others cry, and many cheer as Larry relates his story of tragedy to triumph. This humorous, uplifting and inspiring keynote can be up to 90-minutes in length and is perfect for all associations, entrepreneur and business functions, church groups, events and medium to large organizations.
HOW TO BUILD ELITE TEAMS:
Additionally, Larry creates custom keynote presentations and talks on Tenacity, Transformational Leadership, Elite Team Building, Entrepreneurship, Peak Performance, Overcoming Obstacles, Veteran Issues, and Hospitality Industry Related Topics.
CUSTOMIZABLE HALF-DAY AND FULL-DAY PROGRAMS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOUR EVENT. Please contact Melissa Papke at (714) 793-8205 for more information.
Books by Larry Broughton
Click Book Covers, or here, to be taken to summary of books by Larry Broughton
With every booking engagement, Larry is available for book signings and photographs with participants and audience members.
- FLASHPOINTS FOR ACHIEVERS Insightful Messages That Bring Significant Results FLASHPOINTS for Achievers daily journal offers bite-size, high-octane, thought provoking messages to inspire transformation among those who desire to perform at the top of their game. The full-color 365-day journal format offers a fresh FLASHPOINTS each day to inspire moments of clarity and brilliance for leaders, entrepreneurs, athletes, and anyone who wants to be and achieve more. Written by award-winning entrepreneur and CEO Larry Broughton, FLASHPOINTS for Achievers distills the lessons and messages that have inspired him (and hundreds of other high achievers he has interviewed) towards excellence, significance and success in every area of life.
- VICTORY: 7 Entrepreneur Success Strategies for Veterans Military veterans possess the perfect combination of drive, determination and dedication to make outstanding entrepreneurs! Vets start businesses at 4 times the rate of the general population; 1 in 7 small businesses operating today are veteran-owned and they enjoy double the success rate of other businesses. Many of today's most prominent businesses, including Nike, FedEX, and GoDaddy.com were founded by vets. Sadly, many government programs designed to "help and support" veterans start, run and grow a business simply don't work and are designed, administered and taught by people who have never actually run a successful business. Rote formulas and one-size-fits-all government solutions don't cut it on the modern "business battlefield." Today's current and aspiring "Vetrepreneurs" deserve better. They deserve the best cutting-edge information, tools and support mechanisms to create enduring success! Written by Vetrepreneurs for Vetrepreneurs, this book will transform your approach to leadership, team building, business planning, and decision-making and propel your organization to new heights of enduring success.
- BOOTS to BUSINESS Introduction to Business Ownership for Veterans and Military Service Members Veterans and military personnel returning from active duty are over-represented in entrepreneurship. One in seven veterans is self-employed or is a small business owner, and about one quarter of veterans are interested in starting or buying their own business. And this is why we have teamed with our Resource Partners and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University to create the Operation Boots to Business program. The leadership and management skills veterans learned during their service have positioned them to become successful entrepreneurs. SBA and our partners deliver an effective introduction to entrepreneurship, educating returning service men and women about the opportunities and realities of entrepreneurship so they can plan effectively for themselves and their families. For all of those who choose to become entrepreneurs, we'll be there for them throughout the life of their businesses with the resources they'll need to grow, succeed, and create jobs.
- INTRODUCTION to BUSINESS OWNERSHIP for Veterans and Military Service Members Why are military veterans drawn in such large numbers to entrepreneurship, and why do they find such success? As you consider your transition from military to civilian life, could business ownership be the right path for you? This book was written to help transitioning service members answer such questions. This book was written based on the collective experiences of a group of educators and entrepreneurs who have many years of experience working with military veterans in the pursuit of business ownership. The goal of this publication is to share many of those hard-learned lessons and to help individuals considering business ownership as a post-military career make well-informed decisions. Not available through public distribution channels. Please email email@example.com to purchase.
- THE NEXT BIG THING Top Trends from Today's Leading Experts to Help You Dominate the New Economy The old adage states: "Driving forward while focusing on the rear view mirror will land you in an accident." This also holds true in business. While it's important to understand the past, the future is where the real opportunity lies. But how do you tell the difference between passing fads and profitable trends? The authors in this book aim to do exactly that. Forty-one leading experts across multiple industries have teamed up to share The Next Big Thing to help you profit in this new economy.
- WARRIORS IN THE BOARDROOM Harnessing Mission-Tested Leadership Strategies to Create Extraordinary Business Success Warriors in the Boardroom is a powerful and inspiring book that simplifies the principles and strategies that military veterans have applied to business to create some of the most influential companies in the world—companies like Nike, Perot Systems, Mail Boxes Etc., GoDaddy.com, and FedEx. The book identifies the traits of our warrior-business leaders, and speaks to why veteran-led companies outperform non-veteran led companies; and why business owners outnumber non-veteran business owners on a scale of 4 to 1. Warriors in the Boardroom is not only a study of military leadership principles applied to the business arena, but also offers human-interest profiles of some of our most interesting veteran business leaders who share stories of courage, tenacity, tragedy and triumph. Coming in 2017.