Kirsten is a compelling speaker and storyteller who inspires audiences to overcome the challenges they face every day. She equips and instructs and leaves listeners with the motivation to live differently because of what they've learned. Her straight-forward, funny, down-to-earth style has resonated with both teens and adults since 1999.
Some of Kirsten’s popular talks are:
- Thriving in Overwhelming Circumstances
- Life: Keeping all the Plates Spinning
- Flourishing through Brokenness
- After the Airport: International Adoption
- Friendship for the Long Haul
- Dreaming and Doing: Goal-setting
- Living it out: Identity and Purpose
In addition to her speaking engagements, Kirsten writes regularly for the international organization, Our Daily Bread, and has multiple articles featured on (in)courage. Her TEDx talk, "Your adopted child experienced trauma, now what?" has educated and encouraged adoptive and would-be adoptive parents across the country and is being used to train counseling interns. In addition to having given her own TEDx talk, Kirsten coaches TEDxBoise speakers and private clients on public speaking skills.
Kirsten is based in the Pacific Northwest where she and her husband, Mike, are raising their three teenage children.