After performing as a servant leader for over 20 years in the World's Largest School System, Kevin became a college professor teaching public speaking, interpersonal communications, and presentation skills. It is a role he loves. He is also using his knowledge, expertise and abilities to help employees and students be more effective on the job and in the classroom and enjoy their work more, as well as to train and support school administrators and company officers to become better leaders for the staff who follow them.
He believes, absolutely, that where there is a will to change, there is a way to change. Employees and students who want to learn new, more effective techniques for communicating, managing projects, working with others, or handling any of the hundreds of tasks they face each day can do so. All it takes is a will to change – and the right person to show them the way. Kevin subscribes to the adage, "If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you will end up doing nothing for nobody".
His profession gives him instant motivational opportunities, which he has also carried over into the various communities where he has lived and worked. As the President and CEO of KBH Speaks, LLC, a full-service public speaking company, Kevin is a John Maxwell Certified Coach, Speaker, and Trainer, as well as a voice actor who has recorded several audio and video projects that were used for professional development and training purposes. Kevin has used his experiences as a sports official in baseball/softball, basketball, and volleyball to further connect with and motivate the people he comes in contact with. His workshops and seminars on leadership, time management, and communication are popular and draw big crowds.
Among the list of Kevin's favorite topics are:
Living Your Dream
How to be a Real Success
Management & Leadership Skills for First-Time Supervisors & Managers
Developing Leaders Around You
How to Deal with Difficult/Negative People
Time Management and Organization Skills for Professionals
How to Be a Dynamic Trainer
Communicating With Tact & Finesse
Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
For Students (middle school through college):
Developing your Personal Success Strategic Plan (PSSP)
How to apply to college
College 101 - How to be successful in college
Developing the Superhero Leader in You
How to Deal with Bullying (Even if the bully is YOU)
Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
Personal Finance - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Credit
How to be a Young Entrepreneur Success (YES)
Get the Job you want after Graduation - Resume Writing and Interview Skills
See why Kevin is a favorite among high school students, college students, fraternity/sorority groups, teachers, administrators, and business leaders.
- My Now for the Future Man - Becoming a "Man" is more than a birthday celebration. Young men must understand that their "Rite of Passage" into manhood includes a series of challenges. It also includes learning to become responsible for their personal actions and to become accountable to their families and community. This book is a blueprint for young men on the verge of becoming men and for men who wish to be better men.
- My Now for the Student Leader - Do you have the qualities or attributes to take the lead? Do you have the desire and determination to push beyond obstacles and challenges? Do you have the willingness to accept your greatness upon achieving leadership success? Many students shy away from leadership roles, fearing they do not have what it takes to garner respect from their peers or fearing they won’t be able to handle the responsibility. This book is intended to encourage students to develop and improve their leadership skills by assessing current qualities, pushing beyond fears and obstacles, and accepting personal greatness as a leader. Student readers will gain an in-depth understanding of what it takes to become an effective leader and have a true appreciation for the synergy created when their strengths, along with the strengths of others, collectively foster dynamic leadership.
- My Now for the Single Parent - Great parents strive to be successful at parenting. Successful parenting includes modeling how to move forward through challenges and over obstacles, regardless of marital status or circumstances. This book is a collaborative effort of former and current single parents from around the country. It is intended to provide you with the motivation you need to take action towards becoming the World's Greatest Parent, in spite of being single. It is filled with stories, tips, and techniques that will inspire you to embrace your vision, finalize your plan, and seize this moment--NOW.
- Nassau County Executive Citation for "Outstanding Community Service" - May, 2016
- New York State Assembly Citation for "Outstanding Service and Educating the Community". - February, 2016
- Keynote Speaker Appreciation Award - Montclair Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. - June, 2015
- Keynote Speaker Appreciation Award - New Rochelle-White Plains Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. - January, 2015
- Nassau County Executive Citation for "Excellence in Education" - February, 2013
- Toastmasters International - Advanced Leader - May, 2009
- Toastmasters International - Advanced Communicator - June, 2008