You want substantive content at your next event... Content your members and staff can immediately use... You want an increase in motivation and skills...
Australian-born Jonathan Halls is an expert on communication, leadership, new media, and the importance of never settling for second best.
Jonathan Halls has been described as half college professor and half talk show host. That’s because Jonathan is incredibly knowledgeable on his topics and probes subjects deeply in his keynotes and seminars, challenging audiences to think differently. And he links concepts and ideas to practical actions people can take in their lives and work.
Deep thoughts and engaging analysis doesn’t mean your next keynote or seminar has to be boring. Jonathan’s presentation style is as engaging as you’d expect from a former professional talk show host. Add that experience to 30 years as a speaker and adult educator, Jonathan brings unique experience to keep audiences engaged while presenting with professionalism.
Today, the former journalist, talk show host, and media executive is an adjunct professor at George Washington University in DC. He is also Principal of his own training company, Jonathan Halls & Associates. He's passionately focused on the dramatic changes taking place in our world and equipping people to make the shift to success in our increasingly complex world.
At just 32, Halls was appointed to run the BBC's prestigious television, radio, and new media training department in London. That wasn't his only early role. At 21 years old he was assistant manager of a small radio station. He has worked across radio, television, and newspapers. He has started and run two successful companies in London and the United States since 2007.
Today, Jonathan works all across sectors. He has worked with the State Dept, OfficeMax, A&P Supermarkets, Singapore Media Academy, World Association of Newspapers, American Psychological Association, United Health, and others.
Through his public workshops, Jonathan has worked with professionals from organizations such as Financial Times, Daily Telegraph, DeVolkskrant, Times, Metro, Le Monde, Channel Four, ITV, Verizon, Comcast, Microsoft, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Chevron, Pearson, Disney, and many more
· Film School for Trainers and Talent Professionals, ATD International Conference & Expo, May 2018, San Diego, CA
· How to Stop Training Videos from Being Boring, Learning Solutions Conference, March 2018, Orlando, FL
· Moving From Amateur to Professional Digital Media Content for Learning, ATD TechKnowledge Conference, January 2018, San Jose, CA
- Rapid Video Development for Trainers - A comprehensive tutorial covering every aspect of web-based video development, this book provides both the theoretical overview and the nuts-and-bolts instructions for creating professional quality video quickly, easily, and inexpensively.
- Video Script Writing - Do you need to create a short fast video? Perhaps it's a "How To Video" or a PR video on YouTube to promote your business. In this short book, Jonathan Halls explains why you need a script and how to write one. He explains what communication is and explores how it works in video. He then shares specific writing techniques such as sentence construction and word choice to make your short web videos quick and easy to understand. If you're winging it with your video and skipping the process of writing scripts, you are missing some real benefits. A well written script will make your video more engaging, save you time and money in production and make you or the people on camera look and sound better.