Art is a means of grace. Each of us is a story touched by God’s grace.
The narrative that is our life is shared with others, shaped by experiences, and shown to be the sum of our beliefs.
Art by nature is transformational and sharpens the soul. Art is prophetic and challenges the will.
Art is engaging and embraces our journey with the Spirit. We are the work of His grace.
Eclectic experiences: defining my life story, celebrating His grace
* More than four decades of active inner-city ministry in Nashville, Kansas City, and San Francisco.
* Adjunct Professor of Theatre, Speech, Communications, and Urban Ministries at several universities
* Administrative Assistant to the Middle Tennessee Area Commander of The Salvation Army
* The Salvation Army Kettle Coordinator raising more than one million in Kettle contributions, Director of Disaster Relief
* Street Pastor for The Salvation Army in Nashville - developed and implemented nightly street feeding program for more than 250 homeless every night for seven years
* On-site coordinator Katrina Disaster Relief for four months
* Resident manager Ronald McDonald House, Kansas City
* The Lamb’s Theatre, Off-Broadway, NY - technical director, ensemble member
* Discovery Players National Tour - Collegiate Musical Drama Troupe
* Co-founder/Co-Director of BoJo Mime Company
* Managing Director—Belhaven University Center for the Arts
* Assistant director of Audio-visual Services – Fairmont Hotel, San Francisco
* Event Planner - Decorating Service of Nashville, planning and execution of themed events for both large and small groups at Opryland Hotel and other local venues
* Co-wrote/directed/starred in “Fidget and the Fun Factory” at Six Flags over Georgia
* Playwright in Residence and Stage Manager for George Coates Performance Works, San Francisco, CA
* Managing Director and Dramaturge for the Alcazar Theatre, San Francisco
* Stand-up/improv circuit and instructor for Comedy Traffic School, San Francisco
* Tour guide of many cities—Eastern Onion Singing Telegram Messenger
* Performer at more than 300 elementary schools across the country with the one-man presentation The PeopleMover Show
* Accomplished puppeteer, clown, magician, juggler for all age groups
* Life connections Instructor – Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary
* Life long experiences of working closely with more than 40 unique culture groups
* Writing/producing numerous original plays, videos, radio dramas, occasional skits & others in progress.
* A seasoned performer/actor/entertainer with more than 40 years of professional & semi-professional experience
M Div —Nazarene Theological Seminary, Kansas City, MO
MA—UMKC—Theatre History, Playwrighting/dramaturgy, Kansas City, MO
BA—Communications - Trevecca Nazarene College, Nashville, TN
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Solid academic foundations in communications, drama and technical theater, ministry and theology, bolstered by a broad range of practical experience.
A multi-talented, seasoned performer/actor/entertainer/speaker/scriptwriter and theatrical technician with more than forty years of professional experience in a variety of venues and disciplines.
Teaching experience spans all age groups from children to Senior Adults, developer, and leader of numerous seminars, workshops and special presentations before diverse audiences.
Planned, organized, marketed, and directed many “themed events” for varied groups/organizations.
An accomplished communicator, effective teacher, humorist, a storyteller who brings a keen understanding and a unique and practical perspective on life.
Establishes an easy rapport with people from all walks of life, status, cultures, and age groups.
Special expertise in discerning perceptions and customizing presentations to enhance and facilitate the understanding of complex concepts and principles to individual audiences