Carmen Feinberg is an Executive Advisor that specializes in creating purposeful growth cultures that drive top and bottom line revenue and provide a clear path for company scalability. Carmen's dynamic presentation offers the audience the understanding of how culture impacts business sales, revenue, and profitability. The presentation offers a clear and specific 6-step program to purposefully building a culture of growth. The presentation is sincere, easy-to-follow, interactive, and has been proven to work.
Carmen Feinberg is a business leader that offers a program solution for separating good performers from poor performers and teaches Executives how to leverage communication to retain good performers and scale businesses.
Summary of qualifications
Carmen currently represents Culture Index as an Executive Advisor, helping executives be effective. Additional previous experience include proven leadership experience as corporate change agent. Experience in all HR and operational experiences inclusive of, but certainly not limited to: employee engagement, acquisition management, corporate expansion, team building, development of corporate policies and procedures, etc. Results include: higher productivity and higher profits, positive business reputation, positive work environments, and ultimate business success as pre-determined by annual company business objectives. Proven track record offering solutions that focus on human capital management and organizational development.
previous professional experience
BRANDSTAR Deerfield Beach, FL
Chief Operating Officer - 2015 - 2018; Company description: content marketing company that produces six Lifetime television shows and various related marketing services to brand partners looking for content entertainment.
- Directed, administered, and coordinated the internal company activities, procedures, and policies with an emphasis on human capital management and in accordance with the goals and objectives established by the CEO.
- Established new procedures for all studio and marketing operations which was reflective of approximately two-thirds of total company operations.
- Wrote and disseminated new structured policies, programs and procedures for all things HR as well as workforce plans and financial performance accountability reports.
- Created, developed, and oversaw new marketing services resulting in $1M first year revenue.
- Worked with CEO on strategically sourcing and then finalizing company acquisitions with specific focus on resulting cultural and procedural integrations necessary for the success of these new revenue streams. Acquired a new social division and revenue stream with $1.5M in annual revenue.
- Provided daily interaction with all levels of staff, working in tandem with the CEO and the executive team, divisional leaders, and their direct reports to manage and communicate effectively and legally - promoting productivity, a positive culture, efficiency, and profitability.
- Systematically evaluated staff performance and removed poor performers without legal issue. Removed or replaced approximately 40% of staff including studio operations staff reduction of 50%.
- Hired new divisional leaders and assisted them in holding staff accountable for expected performance. Accomplished through variations of training, communications, cultural shifts, and daily interactions.
- Provided the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company operated within an organizational structure: aligned internal communications, a specific HR protocol, defined operational controls, administrative and financial reporting procedures and controls, and the proper people in key positions – all aimed for scalable growth.
- Directed the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including all legal requirements, handbook procedures, compensation policies and employee benefit plans.
- Provided effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all management strategy sessions and meetings; provided ongoing reports and presentations outlining data points; represented HR in all company decision making.
ZIMMERMAN ADVERTISING Ft Lauderdale, FL
Executive Vice President, 1999 – 2014; Company description: Division of Omnicom Group, Inc. - 14th largest full-service advertising agency in U.S., with $3 billion in annual billings and national clients such as Nissan, Party City, Papa John’s, Boston Market, Blue Cross Blue Shield, HHGregg, Ashley Home Furniture, AutoNation, Etc.
- Led human resource development over fifteen-year 844% company revenue growth, evolving from 250 employees to over 1,000 employees during same time period.
- Created, monitored, evolved, and implemented all human resource strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and functions across all HR disciplines and company divisions including, but not limited to, recruitment and talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, operational efficiencies, succession planning, benefits, payroll, and compensation.
- Developed HR programs and activities in support of the achievement of the overall business objectives including strategic staffing needs, labor-to-revenue targets, job responsibility segregation, and accountability measures across 20 departments and 4 divisions.
- Acted as leader and key ambassador to develop and disseminate company core mission/vision/values; created and promoted a stable, consistent, positive and productive business environment.
- Developed comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans and budget to meet the human capital needs. Personally recruited all executive level candidates.
- Developed, communicated and implemented comprehensive competitive and cost-effective compensation and benefit plans.
- Developed enterprise level recruitment strategies considering labor trends; developed many workforce and compensation plans and programs over 16-year tenure as market conditions changed and evolved.
- Created, documented, and monitored various divisional and operational evolutions leveraging technology and best practices while ensuring compliance with ongoing and extensive annual internal and external SOX audits.
- Maintained P&L responsibility for appropriate revenue to labor formulas, inclusive of forecasting for each individual business unit and the company, as well as working hand-in-hand with the President and CFO to maintain appropriate agency services; developed and oversaw performance management systems and best practices as it related to payroll to revenue expenses.
- Protected the company regarding any employee-related legal issues inclusive of proactively ensuring appropriate documentation and ultimately leading any and all legal proceedings, with legal counsel when necessary.
- Established performance metrics, policies, and procedures across all divisional verticals; managed corporate programs including onboarding programs; wellness program, mandatory and voluntary training programs, retention programs, and community out-reach programs, etc.
- Maintained business relationships with various HR consultants, vendors, insurance brokers, third-party recruiters, administrators, legal and government entities, and other outside resources and called upon each as appropriate to business needs.
Omnicom University/Babson College- Executive Leadership Program Graduate
Bachelor of Science, Communications – Florida International University
Partial Masters Program, Human Resource Development – Florida International University