Garry M. Spotts began speaking publicly March 28, 1976 when he delivered his first presentation to an audience of 150 adults as a newly minted 15-year-old minister. In the 40+ years since, he has distinguished himself as a personable, dynamic and engaging speaker, teacher and trainer informing and inspiring 1,000's listeners across the spectrum of generations, professions and educational levels in public presentations, written, recorded and in two radio broadcast programs.
His career includes service as:
- a personal growth and development trainer and speaker for youth from intermediate through secondary grades,
- a professional development trainer for public school educators and administrators,
- a consultant and professional mentor for existing and aspiring business owners, non-profit and faith-based organizations and their leadership.
Teaching and training in areas of
- creative program development,
- effective communication dynamics,
- branding and
- next-level thinking,
Garry can craft the topic you need and deliver the talk you want to inspire and to ignite your audience.
He is a published author with three children’s books and one collection of poetry to his credit. He has two books slated for completion and release in early 2019. One book entitled, “Life Leaves Clues!” Embrace the wisdom around you without the scars that produced it. A second, Faith-based volume written under the working title, “Discipled Living – A Field Guide for Living as a follower of Jesus Christ”
Educated in the public schools of Louisville, KY his childhood and current home, he is a 1982 graduate of the University of Kentucky, Grehan School of Journalism and a 1987 Master of Divinity graduate of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Married to his college sweetheart, Annette Carlisle-Spotts, Garry is the father of 3 adult children Ms. Jessica Carlisle, The late Gyasi M. Spotts and Ms. Shukura Y. Spotts and the proud grandparent of two grandsons.