Sandra Cleveland, PhD, MSN, RN, NETA-CGEI – “Dr. Sandra” as she is affectionately known, wants to transform individuals and small businesses beyond their potential and achieve desired goals. She has 18 years of teaching experience in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Her current responsibilities include teaching in the graduate program for the doctoral students, specifically in capstone development; online course development; curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation. Sandra has also worked as a Registered Nurse for 25+ years in various roles including staff and agency nursing, nursing administration, and as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Fitness is another passion – she is a nationally certified group exercise instructor. She incorporated her passions lives the principles of servant leadership as a nurse educator, nurse, her use of technology, and fitness instruction, which took her trajectory to create her business. As CEO of Tribe Consulting, LLC, she mentors health professionals through personal and professional enhancement and helps nurses help each other through the power of connection. Many nurses and nursing students share that she is an encouraging presence, creative, and note how much they have learned from her. Additionally, she offers health and wellness offerings based on the power of play, incorporating educational technology in learning, and online course creation.
She has presented on these topics at national and international conferences as well as academic publications, serves as an alumni association board member, and assists the parish nurse at her church. Her ongoing mission is to help other’s reach their full purpose (Jeremiah 29:11) and feels honored and humbled to be used as a vessel for God’s work. She has been recognized most recently in International Who’s Who in America award, 2018 and World Association of Female Professionals. Dr. Sandra lives in Michigan and is a wife, mom, educator, entrepreneur, and sports and fitness buff.
- SHRED: Removing the Layers to Find Your True Purpose What does it mean to live life on purpose? What does it mean to live with passion or vigor? You see these terms are all relative based on not just emotion, but more importantly, the action that comes forth as a result of it. This book is a collection of stories from ten passionate and purposeful women, who happen to also all be nurses. The cumulative effort of these stories will exemplify the meaning of transformation, that achieves by getting “on track” along their journey. Take a walk with them as they show you the faith and determination needed to live a life full of vigor! Alignment = meaningfulness and these powerhouses live as “Nurses on Purpose”.
- Cleveland, S.D., & Stokes, C.A., (2018) Unleashing Their Inner Educators: Mentored Online Offerings for Emerging Nurse Instructors [Special Issue 11]. The Chronicle of Mentoring and Coaching, 2(10), 495-497. Retrieved from http://www.journalhomepage.com/full/url/
- Stokes, C.A., & Cleveland, S.D., (2018) From Pilot to Program: Mentoring African Americans from Students to Nursing Profession [Special Issue 11]. The Chronicle of Mentoring and Coaching, 2(10), 484-488. Retrieved from http://www.journalhomepage.com/full/url/
- Cleveland, S.D. (2006). Making Research Relate for Students with Prior Research Experience in an Accelerated Nursing Program. First International Symposium on Excellence in Second-Entry Baccalaureate Nursing Education, MacDonald G. & O’Keefe-McCarthy, S. (Eds.), Toronto, Canada, p. 41-44. (refereed)
- Lambert, J., Knisely, J., & Cleveland, S.D. (2006). Integrating Pediatric, Medical Surgical and Psychiatric Didactic Content. First International Symposium on Excellence in Second-Entry Baccalaureate Nursing Education, MacDonald G. & O’Keefe-McCarthy, S. (Eds.), Toronto, Canada, p. 59-61. (refereed)
- Cleveland, S.D. (2006). An Accelerated Nursing Program as Experiential Learning in Cultural Competence and Social Support. First International Symposium on Excellence in Second-Entry Baccalaureate Nursing Education, MacDonald G. & O’Keefe-McCarthy, S. (Eds.), Toronto, Canada, p. 62-64. (refereed)
- “Towards a New Way of Instructor Training: Use of Avatar in Online Adjunct Faculty Orientation” TIP-NEP Stipend