A senior physician executive leader with extensive domestic and international experience in large, complex healthcare organizations. Experienced in strategic and operational management including development, expansion, and turnaround initiatives with demonstrated experience in healthcare system development, consulting, technology management, informatics, information systems deployment, e-commerce strategy, transformation and care management as well as related areas including strategic planning, organizational development, clinical quality, health policy and leadership development. Established national reputation as a dynamic, visionary, and strategic leader in healthcare.
- Phelophepa Achievement Award for Excellence for Service in Support of South Africa, 2010
- Modern Healthcare 50 Most Powerful Physician Executives in Health Care, 2007
- Emerging Health Care Leader, 1991 (The Health Care Forum and Korn/Ferry International)
- Kellogg National Fellow, W. K. Kellogg Foundation, 1985-1988
- Regional Finalist for The White House Fellowship Program, 1984