Dr. Future (aka Dr. Paul Tinari) is a published author and has more than 25 years experience as a successful professional speaker with many Fortune 500 and Government Clients. He has been called a visionary and “Renaissance Man” for the 21st century. When asked by a U.S. Senator what his research would do to enhance the national security of the nation, he replied: “Nothing, except to help make it worth defending.” He founded the Pacific Institute for Advanced Study in 1990, the world’s first truly globally networked R&D organization. His curiosity and research interests have spanned many domains including alternate energy, architecture, art, archaeology, biology, engineering, epidemiology, environmental science, fluid dynamics, future studies, green buildings, kinesiology, mathematics, physics and zoology. The common thread that runs through all of his interests is an intense desire to improve the world and to help people lead better, safer, healthier and more abundant lives. Among his numerous accomplishments include the organization of the first Canadian Earth Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFh7HkGcq0g), consulting with senior administrators at NASA on how new technologies could impact the agency’s business model (http://youtu.be/acCc38UcYYA), speaking at the World Future Society Conference on the possible impacts of 3D printing and related technologies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1KNQN0BYuc), being a finalist in the Canadian astronaut selection process and presenting to the US Navy on how 3D printing and supporting technologies could dramatically reduce the costs of building ships and submarines.
In addition to having taught Future Studies at Simon Fraser University, he designs and leads seminars for executives of Fortune 500 corporations in many areas including Creative Thinking, Systems Thinking and on how future technological trends will impact business operations. He currently lives in Port Moody, British Columbia.
PROFESSIONAL SPEAKING INVITATIONS
Emily Carr University, Vancouver, BC, Aug 13, 2014, “How 3D Printing Will Revolutionize Our World” Presentation as part of the “Material Matters” distinguished speakers series
World Future Society Conference, Orlando, July 11, 2014, “Impacts the 3D Printing and Related Technologies Will Have on Society,” Preconference course
World Future Society Conference, Chicago, July 19, 2013, “Introduction to 3D Printing, Scanning and Modeling for Futurists,” Preconference course
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, November 26, 2013, “Trends & Impacts of 3D Printing,” Open lecture delivered to students & staff.
World Future Society Conference, Vancouver, July 2011, “The Future of India," and "Impacts that Social Media Will Have on Indian National Development."
NASA Langley, VA, April 2009, “The Future of Virtual Worlds and Applications to the US Space Program.”
World Future Society Conference, Chicago, July 2009, “Systems Thinking and Organizational Creativity,” “Future of Haptics,” “Future of the Nation’s Infrastructure,” “The Future of China.”
World Future Society Conference, Washington DC, July 2008, “Introduction to Forecasting,” “The Future of Virtual Worlds.”
Chief of Naval Operations Strategic Studies Group, December 2007, “Applications of Systems Thinking to Future Military Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence.” Newport, RI.
World Future Society Conference, Minneapolis, July 2007, “Advanced Systems Thinking,” “Future of the Earths Water, ” “Future of RFID.”
World Future Society Conference, Toronto, ON, July 2006, “Intro to Systems Thinking,” “Future Technologies against Terror”, “Future Housing for the 21st century.”
Chief of Naval Operations Strategic Studies Group, October 2005, “The Convergence of New Brain Enhancement, Nanotechnology, Wireless and 3D Printing Technologies for Enhancing Combat Preparedness.” Newport, RI.
Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation, May 2005, “Integrated Design Workshop – Green Housing,” Yellowknife, NWT.
World Future Society Conference, Washington DC, July 2004, “Advanced Systems Thinking for Professionals”, “The Future of the Earth’s Water”, The Future of the University”
World Future Society Conference, Mexico City, November, 2003, “Future Impacts of the Human Genome Project on Mexico”
World Future Society Conference, San Francisco, July, 2003, “Introduction to Systems Thinking for Professionals”
British Columbia Business Educational Association, April 2002, “The Future of Business Technologies in the 21st Century,” Conference held in Vancouver, BC.
World Future Society Conference, Philadelphia, July, 2002, “Future Impacts of the Human Genome Project”, “Future Trends in Nano-technology”, “Future Trends in Alternate Energy Technology”.
Goepel-McDermid Conference on Leading Canadian Manufacturers in Alternate Energy, November 27, 2000, "Future Trends in Alternate Energy", Toronto, Ontario.
University of British Columbia, Faculty of Applied Science, November 22, 2000
"Future Trends in Engineering", U.B.C., British Columbia
Solid Waste Council of Victoria, November 17, 2000, "Future Trends in Waste Management"
Victoria, British Columbia
Coquitlam School Board, Harbour View School, May 15, 2000, "Teaching Creative Thinking Skills in the Classroom", Coquitlam, B.C.
Solid Waste Federation of British Columbia, April 14, 2000, "Future Trends in Solid Waste Management", Vancouver, B.C.
Seminar on the Future of Manufacturing, March 23, 2000, "The Future of Pulp & Paper Mills", Edmonton, Alberta
Minerva Seminar, April 6, 2000, "Creative Thinking Skills for Senior Citizens", Edmonton, Alberta
B.C. Business Education Association, February 18, 2000
1) Morning: "Future Trends in E-Commerce"
2) Afternoon "Future Trends in Education"
Association of Professional Engineers & Geo-scientists of BC, January 20, 2000, Keynote Speaker at the AGM, "Future Trends in the Engineering Profession", Vancouver, BC
Presentation to Employees of the Government of Alberta, January 4, 2000. "The Future of the Professions and the Creativity Imperative", Edmonton, Alberta
Certified Management Accountants of British Columbia, October 16, 1998
"The Future of the Corporation"
Faculty of Applied Science, University of British Columbia, October 30, 1997
"Future Shock & the Professional"
Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of B.C., Sept. 1997,
Invited Keynote Speaker at Annual Conference: "The Future of Engineering"
Faculty of Commerce & Business Admin. , University of British Columbia, May 15, 1997
"Creative Thinking for Senior Business Executives"
Canadian Society of Association Executives, June 10, 1997
"The Future of the Professions"
Surrey Chamber of Commerce, October 16, 1996
"Leading Edge Environmental Technologies for Site Remediation"
The Conference Board of Canada, May 1996
"Creativity, Innovation and the 21st Century Professional"
The Greater Vancouver Regional District, March 1995
"The Use of Third-Generation Biofilters for Odour Control in Urban Areas"
- Tinari, P.D. (2014) “The JOOM Destiny – Just On Order Making – How 3D Printing Will Revolutionize Your World,” Friesen Press, Victoria, BC
- Tinari, P.D. (2014) “Acoustic Criteria for Green Buildings,” Published in the book: “High-Performance Buildings, Chapter 7,” Edited By; Tony Robinson, The Fairmount Press Inc.
- Tinari, P.D. (2014) “On-Site Distributed Power,” Published in the book: “High-Performance Buildings, Chapter 8,” Edited By; Tony Robinson, The Fairmount Press Inc.
- Guy, R.W., Tinari, P.D. (2006) “Sustainable Technologies for Overview of Prototype Green-Built House Design,” Journal of Greenbuilding, Vol. 1, No. 2, Spring 2006
- Tinari, P.D. (2005) “Urban Forest Guidebook – A Comprehensive Guide to our Community’s Natural Treasures” Published by the Friends of Mundy Park Heritage Society.
- Tinari, P.D. (2004) “Understanding Systems Thinking,” World Future Society Books
- Tinari, P.D. (2001) “Boxing Outside the Think – Advanced Concepts in Innovation & Creativity for Professionals,” World Future Society Books.
- "Cultivating Creativity: The Innovator-Engineer in the 21st Century", Innovation, Journal of the Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of BC, December 1999.
- "Second Generation Air-Stream Biofilters are Approaching Commercialization" by: Dr. Paul D. Tinari Ph.D., P.Eng., Environmental Science & Engineering, March 1994
- "Bioremediation Augmentation By Catalytic Oxidation", Contract No. F08637-94-C-6018, U.S. Air Force Armstrong Laboratory, Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida. Principal Investigator: Dr. Paul D. Tinari. Research Conducted at the Oregon Graduate Institute, Beaverton, OR., (1994)
- "Bioremediation of a Site Contaminated with Greater Than 60,000 ppm Bunker C", Report on the successful bioremediation of the Fraser River Power Plant Site, by Dr. Paul D. Tinari, Oct. 1994.
- "Design of a Large Capacity Biofilter for the Effective Treatment of Composting Odours", Work done for International Bio-recovery Inc., North Vancouver (1994).
- "The Riverview Lands - Western Canada's First Botanical Garden." Edited by V. Adolph & B. Gillespie. Chapter 3, "Ecology of Riverview Lands" Written by P. Tinari (1994) Published By: The Riverview Horticultural Centre Society P.O. Box 31005, Port Moody, BC, V3H-4T4
- "Bioremediation of Wastewaters Containing Tetrahydrofufural Alcohol and Vinyl Acetate", Tinari Energy Mgt Services, for B.C. client (1993)
- "Optimization of Washing and Bioremediation of Soils Contaminated with Hydrocarbons", Research Done for International Biowaste Ltd., North Vancouver (1993)
- "Bioremediation of Agricultural Lands Contaminated with O.P. Pesticides", Tinari Energy Mgt. Services Inc., for B.C. client, 1993.
- "In-Situ Bioremediation of Sewage Pipe Flows", Tinari Energy Mgt. Services Inc., Proposal to The City of Victoria, 1993.
- "In-Situ Bioremediation of Groundwater Contaminated with Heavy Hydrocarbons", Tinari Energy Mgt. Services Inc., for B.C. client 1993
- "Optimization of the In-Situ Bioremediation of Soils Contaminated with Hydrocarbons and Other Toxic Organic Compounds", B.C. Waste Water Association Conference, April 1992.
- "Future Options for Ecuador in the 21st Century - A Network Model of National Development", Opinion Semanal, Jervis y Asociados, Vol. 1, No. 035, Jan 28, 1991.
- "Design of Efficient, Low Cost Wind Generators" National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1991
- "Theory of a High Efficiency Phase Change Heat Storage Module", National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1991
- "Passive Solar Heating and Cooling: New Ideas and Basic Design Guidelines", National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1991.
- "Design of a Simple, Inexpensive, Effective Solar Oven" National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1991
- "Theoretical Considerations for the Development of a Solar Pond Network in Ecuador", National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1991
- "Solar Engineering Methodology and Appropriate Technology" National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1991
- "Biologically Produced Hydrocarbons and Integrated Energy Systems", National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1991
- "Transient Performance of a Capillary Pumped, Two-phase Heat Transfer System" - Ph.D. Thesis Presented at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles - 1989
- "It is Possible to Use Some of the Equations of Mathematical Physics to Model Time and Space Varying Sociological Phenomena" - Ph.D. Secondary Thesis Presented at the Universite Libre de Bruxelles - 1989
- "Animation of CFD Results in the Non-Supercomputer Environment, The Poor Man's Approach" - von Karman Institute Lecture Series on Computer Graphics, 1989.
- "Simulations Numeriques de l'action d'un Rideau d'Eau sur un Nuage de NH3 Charger en Aerosols", Buchlin, J.M., Tinari, P.D., von Karman Institute, EAR-8620, 1987.
- "Use of Catastrophe Theory to Predict Elementary Particle Stability" - International Journal of Physics, Vol. 25, No. 7, 1986
- "Computer Simulation of the Performance of a Two-Phase Heat Transport System in Real Time" - von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics, Project Report 1986-04
- "Design of a Second Generation Passively Heated Solar House" M.Sc. Thesis, Queen's University - 1984
- "Design of a Passive Solar Heated House for High Altitudes" National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1983
- "Design of a Heat Storage Floor in a Passively Heated House" National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1983
- "Design of Passive Solar Cooling Systems for Tropical Houses" - National Energy Institute of Ecuador - 1983
- "Engineering Modeling of Track Geometry Deterioration" Canadian Institute of Guided Ground Transport - 1981
- "Feasibility of Non-Destructive Stress Measurement on Operational Track" - Canadian Institute of Guided Ground Transport, Queen's University - 1981
- "Design and Analysis of a Solar Assisted Heat Pump" Engineering Physics Thesis, Queen's University - 1980
- "Other Intelligence" The Whig Standard, Kingston, Ontario - 1979
- "Elimination of War by the Establishment of a New World Order" - United Nations Institute for World Order Submission, The Lictor - 1978
- "Design of a Laser Anemometry Calibration Device" Harwell Atomic Energy Research Establishment Oxfordshire, U.K. - 1978
- "Design of a Self-Sustaining Family Habitation" Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario - 1977