When it comes to increasing sales, motivating your employees, or building the confidence that leads to success, Donald is the expert your company needs. He has the experience, knowledge, and personality, which led him to the top of his profession while partnering with companies such as Wal*Mart, Shell Oil, American Airlines, ExxonMobil, Texas Instruments, Waste Management, Halliburton, Johnson & Johnson, and Visa.
Donald is a bestselling author, a motivational speaker, and Forbes contributor, with more than 20 years of relevant experience. He also lends his expertise to innovative startups, mid-sized companies and national organizations who seek him out for consulting, keynote presentations, training events and thought leadership.
Donald authored two best sellers. 10 Things Great Sales Leaders Don't Do! details 10 common mistakes that sales leaders make, which hinders their ability to acquire new clients. Becoming Invaluable teaches professionals how to manage the perception of their value so that they can thrive in their careers.
Donald holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania where he was a member of the varsity football and varsity track & field teams. He also has an MBA from the University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School Of Business.
Donald has a great work-life balance and is actively involved in his community, church, and children’s activities. His compelling story of resilience, positive affirmation and self-discipline is an inspiration to people of all ages as they face the inevitable hurdles of life.
- 10 Things Great Sales Leaders Don't Do! If you were unintentionally sabotaging your sales opportunities, would you want to know? In this book, sales expert Donald Hatter details 10 sales blunders that sales leaders commonly make—mistakes that interrupt their ability to close deals and acquire clients. Based on Hatter’s experiences, observations, and research, he has identified 10 mistakes that cause deals to stall, or not happen at all. 10 Things GREAT Sales Leaders Don’t Do explains the “why” of what not to do, but also arms you with a strategy to generate more business and maximize your effectiveness in complex sales cycles. If you are a sales leader that is part of a sales team, or if you’re a leader influencing major sales efforts, you’ll find invaluable insights that will teach you and motivate you to build better relationships, deliver value and increase sales.
- "Becoming Invaluable: A Strategic Plan for Managing Your Perceived Value" Conventional wisdom says, if you land a good job and work hard, you’ll make it. The reality is, in order to reach your goals and create the career of your dreams, you have to understand your value and be skilled at managing others’ perception of your worth. Becoming irreplaceable at work will require you to be intentional and strategic. You’ll need a plan. Becoming Invaluable provides you with a plan for establishing your goals, capitalizing on your skills and contributions, developing key relationships, and exceeding expectations. If you don’t understand why you haven’t been as successful as you want to be, learn the ins and outs of managing your career, and be guided through the process of developing your action plan as you read Becoming Invaluable. It’s never too late to start building your dream career!
- Forbes Article Sept 7, 2017 - Have you ever been told that you were overqualified for a job or position that you really wanted? If so, there are a few things you should be aware of in order to avoid that situation in the future.
- Recognized by the Houston Business Journal with its 40 under 40 award which is given to Houston's top 40 young leaders under the age of 40 who excel in their industries, are respected business leaders, and show dynamic leadership in the community
- First Team All-IVY (Track Team)