Deborah Cole is a writer, photographer and speaker based in Austin, Texas. With graduate degrees from Texas A&M University and The Episcopal Seminary of the Southwest, she has over 35 years of success as a business owner and organizational leader.
Deborah combines the wisdom of decades of business savvy with a deep, personal belief in the inherent potential of all people to achieve their dreams at every age. Through personal achievement, teaching business skills, and providing inspiring, practical messages, Deborah enjoys sharing lessons of possibility, potential, and performance. Her book Letting Go is her story of unexpected transitions from a perfectly plotted and planned future as an entrepreneur to a topsy-turvy life where her creative talents emerge and she accepts her new identity as a speaker, writer and photographer.
Whether growing her business to the top 25 list in the US in her industry, serving on boards or using her speaking, photography and writing to inspire and educate, Deborah is on a mission.
She currently spends her time seeking out opportunities to photograph and describe the best of humanity in her own backyard and abroad. Her rescue dog and cat happily share their urban condo with her in Austin.
- "Letting Go: How Less Becomes More" is a book to be released in November of 2019. It is story of personal growth from a life in the corporate world to a life of creativity, excitement and fulfillment.
- "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" is a story accepted to Street Photography Magazine, 2019.
- Monthly column in Austin Homes and Gardens magazine.
- Regular contributor and guest blogger for various industry publications.
- Profiles in Power (Austin Business Journal) Top women business leaders in Austin, Texas.
- Member of the Year (Building Owners and Managers Association)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Community Associations Institute/Austin)
- Volunteer of the Year (Lance Armstrong Foundation)
- Best Speaker Award, multiples (Toastmasters of West Austin)