Darius G. Riggins
Ed.D - Educational Leadership - California State University, Bakersfield (Expected 2021)
M.Ed - Educational Psychology - California State University, Northridge
Born in Pensacola, Florida, 1969
Son of Retired Lt. Colonel E.S. Riggins, USMC & Jill I. Riggins
20+ Years experience working with college students - Has worked for 5 Universities over course of career.
Director, University Outreach - California State University, Bakersfield
Ordained Itinerant Elder, AME Church
J. Irvine Fellow - Educational Leadership Institute (Inaugural Class)
1994 Northridge Earthquake Survivor
Married with three children (2 sons, 1 daughter)
Favorite Scripture - I Timothy 5: 1-2
"Rebuke not an elder, but treat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren. The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity."
- Congratulated by Student Affairs of CSU Bakersfield for being officially recognized by a recent graduate as "contributing to their success as a student." - CSU Bakersfield 2016
- EOP Staff Mentor Award - CSU Channel Islands - 2013 Awarded due to excellent support of the Educational Opportunity Program, it's staff and students.
- Core Values Award - 2011 - CSU Channel Islands For demonstrating core values in exemplary service to the university
- Award of Appreciation - City of Pomona - 2007 For committed service to the city of Pomona, Ca
- Special Congressional Recognition - Congresswoman Hilda Solis - 2002 For dedicated service to the community at large