Pete has more than 30 years of Continuous Improvement experience and a proven track record as a successful Change Agent. A progressive manufacturing and management background has given him a broad range of improvement experience in a variety of environments. He has extensive training and experience in the Danaher Business System, Toyota Production System, Lean Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Value Stream Mapping and 5S Principles. He is familiar with regulatory requirements of multiple engineering associations (e.g. NAS, ASTM, MIL-Spec).
Pete is motivated by his intense desire to make things better, and gets tremendous satisfaction teaching others how to identify and eliminate the problems and issues preventing them from achieving success. He began his career in 1985 as an Assembler in an aerospace company, and worked his way up through the ranks in different environments and progressive leadership roles, gaining valuable experience and insights along the way. He has worked primarily in manufacturing, but is also experienced in business and service process improvements. Pete is driven to eliminate waste, cost, and delay in any process. This results in game changing performance improvements.
Pete is a hands-on person and is comfortable with individuals at all levels, from the Shop Floor to the CEO. His humble beginnings give him unique insight to the different cultures found in Manufacturing and Service environments. Having lived in both worlds, he understands the often different perspectives between Labor and Management and how to bridge those gaps and resolve conflicts. On his journey, he always looked for smarter, better and easier ways to do things. More importantly, he shared his knowledge and taught others how to improve processes. This is often quite a challenge as most people do not like change. One must be conscious of people’s feelings, emotions and concerns when driving change. Conflicts will arise, but there are methods and strategies that are very effective at dealing with these natural reactions. Very often your strongest adversary can become your strongest ally.
Pete has a degree in Manufacturing Technology and Management from the Illinois Institute of Technology. He is a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Pete is an avid motorcyclist, and loves working in his garage. He's happiest when there is grease under his nails.
Whether it be a manufacturing environment, or a service provider, there is always waste in the processes. There are many tools, methods and approaches that can be used to identify and correct your particular problems.
- Is your overhead too high?
- Are your lead times too long?
- Is your Quality rating suffering?
- Do you struggle with high amounts of scrap?
- What about your rework costs? Do you really know what they are? There are “hidden factories” within every operation.
Learn how to:
- Identify and analyze the major issues harming your performance.
- Develop, define, plan, and execute short and long term strategies to reduce cost, increase productivity and achieve or exceed the desired levels of profitability and success.
- Identify the true root cause to your problems, and implement effective and sustainable counter measures to make them go away for good.
- Develop teams of efficiency-minded, goal-oriented individuals through simple training exercises, motivation, mentoring, and real world examples.
- Inspire people to think differently, and change the way things are done for the better. Challenge your staff to take what they learn, and change the way they do things. The solutions they are capable of creating and implement are truly impressive. Very often they will create concepts you would never have thought of. Tap into this vast knowledge pool and transform your business.
Pete is committed to keeping and bringing manufacturing back to the US. He knows through experience that the US can compete and win against anyone globally using Continuous Improvement and Lean strategies.
Certifications and training include:
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Danaher Business System - Value Stream Mapping
- 5S / Lean Manufacturing - ISO Auditor - Effective Coaching and Mentoring
- Time Management - Supervision Skills - Six Sigma Training
- Wire EDM Machining - Improving Paint Quality - Advanced Laser Welding
- CPR / First Response Team - Cadmium Plating Process - Powder Coating Finishing