If I had a dollar for every person who ever told me they thought they weren't a good speaker, didn't like speaking in front of others, and just the mere thought of public speaking required a shot of vodka, well, I wouldn't need to charge a speaking fee because I'd be one rich lady!
But do you want to know the best part of hearing that? I can fix it... and I have fixed HUNDREDS of students and clients who once hated public speaking and through my guidance learned to really enjoy it and even love it. Who knew??? When I heard that one student was changing from a business to a communication major just to follow my footsteps and teach public speaking, I thought it couldn't get any better... but it did!
My three favorite accomplishments as a speaking coach and professor include:
- Having two students enter a speech competition with nearly 40 entrants and walk away with the first prize of $750 and second prize of $500 (and when you're in college, that's a LOT of money!)
- Coaching a fearful client nervous about their speech impediment who quickly became a contest-winning, confident Toastmaster
- Receiving countless emails and videos from countless people I've taught who gave speeches at weddings and other special events, with notes of thanks for helping them make it through with ease... yes, with EASE!
Who ever thought public speaking was easy? It didn't even come easy to me when I started as a nervous college student many moons ago, but once I found my stride and realized I had an undying passion for helping people to have unstoppable confidence, the rest was history and here I am. Speaking doesn't have to "suck" (as the college kids always said) and neither does sitting in the audience listening to a crazy-cool, ex-professor and Italian girl from the New Jersey shore (and it definitely doesn't)!
I'm ready to help YOUR audience become strong, fearless speakers, too (laughs included). Let's talk!
Some of my workshop titles include:
- "Speak Up For Your Business"
- "The [Scientist's/Engineer's/Architect's(ex.)] Toolbox: Tips and Techniques for Technical Communicators"
- "Communication Skills For The New Year"
- "Public Speaking For Everyone Who Thinks They're A "Dummy""
- ... and many more!
PS: I only use visually fast-paced Prezi presentations for my speaking engagements. PowerPoint isn't nearly as fun!