* Helping business builders reach their biggest goals, going from STRESS to SUCCESS! *
Growing a business and sustaining that trajectory comes isn't easy. Charlene ignites energy and motivation within smart, open-minded, ambitious leaders and teams.
If you are anxiously trying to find a speaker who will add energy to your event and inspire your audience to positive action:
Energize your group with a Keynote speaker who will set the right tone and get everyone perfectly positioned to learn
Give your team valuable skills on topics such as communication, coaching skills, leadership, and content marketing,
Bring high-value motivation and inspiration into the room, and never ever make your group suffer "Death by PowerPoint"
For more than two decades, Charlene has been a trusted advisor to professionals and companies around the world. Her professional experience as a high-growth sales leader along with her focus on personal peak performance comes across regardless of the specific session topic. Even more importantly, she has an authenticity and sense of humor that is engaging and contagious.
What sets Charlene apart from other speakers is the energy she creates. She also works hard to give the audience immediate takeaways that will cultivate sustainable success. Particularly impactful for an opening or a closing keynote, she stresses (in a fun, non-preachy way) the importance of personal accountability and commitment, even through change and challenge.
Whether you have a meeting that needs an expert facilitator, a large audience that needs an energetic keynote speaker, or anything in between -- Charlene provides a dynamic tone that continues to vibrate long after your meeting or conference is over.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE ORGANIZATIONS WHO HAVE HIRED CHARLENE TO SPEAK WITH GREAT DELIGHT:
Association for Business & Professional Women
Center for Women & Enterprise
Healthcare Financial Management Association
Medicus Healthcare Solutions
Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton, PC
National Association of Professional Organizers
New England Transfer Organization
New England Virtual Assistant Association
New Hampshire Conference for Women
University of New Hampshire
Vistage International (Approved Speaker)
EXAMPLES OF SOME OF CHARLENE'S PROGRAMS
IGNITING SALES SUCCESS WITHOUT DIALING FOR DOLLARS
A great session for an association meeting or other industry-focused event, this session helps business builders who are on a mission to help others, provide excellent service, and build lasting relationships with their customers.
Nearly all industries follow a sales methodology that says you need to make 100 calls to get 10 meetings to get one deal. For many organizations and service providers, this is a formula that doesn't work on a number of levels.
In this session, the audience will learn what to do instead. They will get better at the "work" of sales, without the internal struggle that is holding them back from being more proactive today.
They will learn:
- how to bring in more revenue with limited resources of people, budget, and time.
- a single, powerful mindset shift that is proven to increase conversions and shorten the sales cycle
- how to be more authentic, and gain relief from the fear of being "icky salesy"
- how to engage in consistent, necessary follow up without "bugging" or "bothering" anyone
- what to say, and not say, in sales emails and voicemails to increase likelihood of a response
- how to follow a specific sales process that gives you momentum and data, without your prospects or customers ever feeling "proocessed."
While this topic is focused on actively building revenue (i.e. "sales"), it is designed to ensure that the marketing strategy and sales effort is working in lock step. When every minute and dollar counts, this is critical to scalable and sustainable success.
MARKETING ON A SHOESTRING: HOW TO WIN MORE BUSINESS WITHOUT SPENDING MORE
Originally created for the "Live Free & Start" series, this practical and insightful session focused on seven specific strategies that you can put into practice right away, with minimal resources.
This session is perfect for groups of solopreneurs, startups, nonprofits, or any small businesses trying to gain marketing mindshare on a limited budget. Operating with a "lean" team, many of these business builders are also limited with time. Therefore, every effort has to count.
What you will learn:
- the #1 rule in marketing that even big companies get wrong
- how to get clear about the "bullseye" target and why it's critical to do so ASAP
- how to make keywords do some of the work for you; everywhere from from your website to blog to social media
- how to leverage the "stuff in your head" for powerful, free marketing
- best practices at various types of events and what to do before, during, and after you attend
- a unique formula for social media success that allows you to stand out without hiring a social media expert
As a good marketing counterpart to basic sales training, this session helps small or growing organizations learn how to thrive at the intersection of sales and marketing.
SELF-LEADERSHIP: IGNITE PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS FROM WITHIN
Whether you have direct reports, endeavor to be seen as a leader within or your team, or strive to live a more fulfilled personal life, self-leadership skills can serve you in a variety of ways.
SOME OF THE KEY CONCEPTS YOU WILL LEARN:
- What self-leadership really means
- How learning self-leadership skills help you succeed at work and be happier in life
- How increasing confidence increases capacity
- How to harness and improve the key areas associated with self-leadership success:
Each interactive workshop session will include:
- Introduction of concepts that can be applied both at work and at home
- Group exercises
- Mix of presentation and hands-on learning
- Worksheets to facilitate 'real world' application
LEADING WITH CONFIDENCE: CREATING A COACHING CULTURE
SOME OF THE KEY CONCEPTS YOU WILL LEARN:
The difference between "managing" vs. "coaching"
How to get increased performance and accountability from each member of your team
How to lead people to the plan vs. providing instruction
Listening skills and effective coaching conversations
o asking vs. telling
o crafting and asking the right questions
o letting silence do the heavy lifting
When and how to use both on-the-spot coaching and scheduled coaching
SUCCESSFUL COMMUNICATION FROM THE INSIDE, OUT
"Communication" is more than a mere exchange of information. This session explores the dynamics and strategies for having more effective interactions and successful outcomes, both personally and professionally.
There are a number of factors that come into play that we will cover throughout the session:
o Internal mindset, attitude, and drivers
o Our acceptance of personal accountability in every situation
o Skillset around influence, negotiation, and persuasion
o Strategies for effectively dealing with change, and helping others through change as well
o The truth about our need for control
o The #1 most critical communication tool: active listening
When we start with the right internal awareness, we are far more effective at both external communication and success in general. This session promises to be informative, interactive, and inspiring!
HIT YOUR BULLSEYE! IDENTIFYING AND REACHING YOUR TARGET MARKET
The idea of going after a target market is a familiar concept. Yet, so many small business professionals struggle with how to pinpoint and acquire their ideal customer. They worry that if they focus too much, they might be "turning down business."
The reality is that defining your bullseye customer is not only the foundation for a successful marketing strategy, it is critical to overall success and happiness in your business. This session takes a unique approach, and energizes your focus from the inside, out.
- Get clear about who you need to reach, and how to reach them.
- Learn how having internal clarity about why you're in business and who you most want to serve, directly impacts your marketing effectiveness.
- Better understand how your marketing strategy dramatically increases sales results.
- Gain renewed energy and excitement for growing your business.
Join us for a lively keynote session that will "ignite" your mind and set you up for learning success through the rest of the day.
7 SMART & SIMPLE CONTENT STRATEGIES FOR SALES & MARKETING
Today, most businesses have a website; many also have a blog as well as some kind of social media presence. Even if they don't have all of those things, business leaders have an increasing awareness that they probably should. Still, given all of the other business priorities, digital content is sometimes tough for business leaders to get their arms around.
Recent studies suggest that as many as 60% of companies don't have a well-defined content marketing strategy. Still, in a world where "Content is King," top leaders can't afford to ignore the connection between their information brand and business performance. This workshop gets specific to Vistage member scenarios and filters through the flood of information out there. We will get to the 'nitty gritty' of what CEOs need to know to get their organization moving towards a high-ROI (and ROO) content strategy:
- Why thoughtful content should be a priority in your digital marketing strategY
- Website content
- Social Media
- How to fit it in when time is precious
- Where content matters most
- What to write and post
- What NOT to do
- How to measure business impact
Value to Attendees:
This session will build leader confidence and comfort with the key concepts around content areas such as the company website, blog, and social media. Charlene will help remove the "overwhelm" that typically surrounds this topic, and provide templates and planning tools that members can use right away, even with minimal resources. The session will be interactive, and provide attendees with a good "head start" on their content strategy.
The ability to understand and be able to implement an easy, effective content marketing strategy has a number of business benefits:
- Improved brand health
- Increased effectiveness of current marketing investment
- Revenue generation
- Improved customer experience
- Strong thought leadership and credibility
RELATIONSHIP-BASED SALES FOR MAXIMUM REVENUE GROWTH
A great session for an all-team or sales offsite, this session dives deeply into how to maximize sales by building relationships. We want to get your sales professionals, leaders, and support staff in the right mindset to create predictable, scalable, and sustainable revenue growth.
What they will learn:
- What to do before you pick up the phone to maximize every opportunity
- How to leave an effective voicemail that stands out and gets a call back
- How to leverage active listening and negotiation skills to win your best clients and win every time
- How to follow up in meaningful ways and escape the "I'm just circling back...." trap
- How NOT to be "icky salesy"
- Why authenticity and credibility are critical to closing business
- Why sales cycles tend to drag on, and how to shorten that cycle
This session is especially useful for sales teams who have had other types of training, yet still struggle to exceed sales goals on a consistent basis. Extremely efffective for B2B services and higher investment products.
STOP BEING A VICTIM OF YOUR OWN BRILLIANCE & IGNITE SUCCESS!
How to Stop Being a Victim of Your Own Brilliance & Ignite Success: Get out of your head, fuel momentum, & conquer those goals. You are closer than you think!
On some level, you know you have the smarts, the energy, and the creative juice to make your dreams come true. You have the potential to help the world in a big way! Meanwhile, you keep getting stuck in the swirling vortex of everything you want to do, or can do, or are trying to figure out how to do. It's time to get out of your own damn way.
Don't become a victim of your own brilliance! Get your mind right, get focused, and leverage key strategies and tactics to do what you were put on this earth to do.