Cary J. Green, PhD, equips students with skills for academic success and employability. He also serves as a student leadership and success expert for parents and teachers.
Despite graduating in the top 10% of his high school class, Cary earned a D in the first semester of his college career – almost leading him to drop out. His experience motivated him to develop academic skills that ultimately led to successfully earning a doctorate degree and developed his passion for mentoring students.
Cary founded CaryJGreen.com and is the author of “Success Skills for High School, College, and Career.” This book has appeared on Amazon Best-Seller lists in College & University Student Life and Study Skills. A christian edition of this book also is available.
Prior to starting his own business, Cary spent twenty years teaching and advising university students. He has served as director of a college-level recruiting and career center, department chair, and associate dean for academic programs.
He taught leadership and academic success classes and received numerous teaching and mentoring awards. He also mentored student leadership development organizations and was influential in the development of a college-level student leadership academy.
Cary recently received a Parent and Teacher Choice Award from HowToLearn.com. He also was recognized as a Global Presence Ambassador by Parenting 2.0 for his commitment to developing success skills in young people. He serves on the Leo Club Program Advisory Panel. The Leo Club is an international service and leadership development program for youth with more than 6,500 clubs in over 140 countries.
Cary’s academic background is in soil science. He has extensive experience teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in agricultural and environmental sciences and has co-authored a soil science text book. He obtained research funding from the agricultural industry and environmental agencies, as well as from NASA and other federal agencies. He trained MS and PhD students, published numerous research papers, and has been invited to present his research in two foreign countries.
A list of Cary's recent speaking events is available at https://www.caryjgreen.com/programs.php.
Please connect with Cary at email@example.com to discuss availability and fees. You may also contact him through SpeakerMatch by clicking “Check Availability.”
- "Success Skills for High School, College, and Career (Christian Edition)" This Christian edition expands the best-selling Success Skills for High School, College, and Career by incorporating more than 150 scriptural references, Biblical examples, and a Christian theme.
- "Success Skills for High School, College, and Career" My book provides step-by-step guidelines and hands-on exercises to enable students to enhance their academic performance and prepare for future career success.
- "Leadership and Soft Skills: How to Create the Future You Want in School, Career, and Life."
- "5 Keys to Successfully Start Your Career"
- Prioritization: Time Management Advice to Empower Your Success
- Parenting Pointers: Fostering Success in Your Teenagers
- Advice for Empowering Future Success in Graduates
- 5 Things Not To Do In Your First Interview
- 4 Tips For Successfully Transitioning From College to the Workplace
- 3 Ways Soft Skills Can Enhance Your Career
- "Parent and Teacher Choice Award" given by HowToLearn.com
- "Amazon Kindle Best-Selling Author" My books have appeared on Amazon Kindle best-seller lists in College and University Student Life, Study Skills, Business Teams, and Youth Ministry categories.
- “Global Presence Ambassador” is an honorary designation awarded to passionate Life Skills pioneers around the world.
- Midwest Book Reviews gave "Leadership and Soft Skills for Students: Empowered to Succeed in High School, College, and Beyond" a “Very Highly Recommended” rating and “Reviewer’s Choice” designation in March 2016.
- "Top 10 Website Making a Difference Award" given by HowToLearn.com
- "Outstanding Professor Award" Texas Tech University
- "President's Excellence in Teaching Award" Texas Tech University
- Inducted into the Teaching Academy at Texas Tech University
- "Mentor Award" Leadership Academy. Oregon State University