Dr. Axel Meierhoefer
22 years in the Air Force, 15 years in Germany and 7 years in the United States flying European made Tornado fighter jets as well as F-111 jets for the USAF.
Dr. Meierhoefer was a flight instructor, flight school commander, and as the last assignment the senior project manager for the development of a flight training center in the high deserts of New Mexico. You could say Dr. Meierhoefer saw a fair share of military flying and Diamond Formations.
He was always someone who wanted to do things and especially help others.
HIs lifelong motto has been: Helping others help themselves become successful. Dr. Meierhoefer did that in the military when teaching newbies how to fly – in the classroom, in the simulator and ultimately in the plane. After his military career, he received a green card and was hired as an executive in a software company mainly based on the relationships he had formed during the building of the flight training center in New Mexico.
In 2005 Dr. Meierhoefer started his own company with the goal to help as many leaders in business as he possibly can. Over the last 11+ years Dr. Meierhoefer has served many leading employees in companies including Bayer, CISCO, First Republic Bank, Boeing, State Farm Insurance, Merck, AMA, etc.
What he saw and experienced has deepened his belief that you, as modern leaders need to change your focus if you want to be ready for the new world of business in the 21st century. That’s what becoming a Diamond Formation leader addresses.
Dr. Meierhoefer has published 3 books, all revolving about his path, his learning about leadership and how to help others help themselves become successful, which is his life long motto.
Dr. Meierhoefer received a Bachelors of Science degree from the Air War College in Hamburg, Germany, a Master's degree in organizational management from Antioch University Santa Barbara, and a PhD in Leadership from Antioch University, Yellow Springs, Ohio.
Dr. Meierhoefer is residing in San Diego County, California
Partial List of Clients:
- Pitney Bowes
- First Republic Bank
- Bayer Healthcare Berkeley
- Right Management
- CISCO San Jose,
- Estee Lauder, NYC
- Johnson & Johnson
- General Electric
- Magellan Health.
- American Management Association
- Boeing Commercial Aircraft .
- State Farm
- Lee Hecht Harrison/Adecco .
- Has successfully facilitated Leadership Improvement & Change Initiatives for medium to large groups for Fortune100 clients and delivered speeches, presentations, trainings, learning events, seminars, etc. to help employees understand and adopt the new direction or processes that impact their daily work.
ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS/LECTURING – COURSE TOPICS
Adjunct Professor Antioch University Santa Barbara,
- Change Management
- Leadership & Change
- Global Culture and Pluralism
- Leading in multi-cultural environments
University of Cooperative Education Heidenheim Germany
- International Business from a European perspective
- University of Applied Sciences Munich, Germany
- Leading in global environments
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Social media marketing in traditionally oriented industries
University of cooperative Education Mannheim, Germany
- Santa Barbara City College course development , (Associate degree level)
- University of California Santa Barbara UCSB Extension 2007
- Project & Time management
- Leading in modern multi-cultural environments
Memberships in Professional Organizations:
- Certified Front Line Leader Interactive Program Facilitator
- Certified 360 Assessment facilitator for Sum-Total systems used by J&J FLL2 managers & leaders
- Certified Talent development champion (Take Charge of your Talent Inc.)
- Designer/inventor of “Innovation Mapping” interactive learning method
- Certified in N.E.W.S Team development model (Facilitated Training, Org transformation, Executive Coaching)
- Inventor of “Certified Leadership Practitioner Program” (CLP) for Innovision Global LLC
- American Management Association (Communication Seminar faculty for “Voice of Leadership”)
- International Leadership Association (Member and Conference Presenter)
- KMCI – Knowledge Management Consortium International
- Toastmasters International (Certified public speaker)
- American Society for Training and Development, (ASTD)
- Whole Systems Learning Inc. (Facilitator and learning designer)
- SyNet Global Consultants Network
Find more information at http://www.AxelMeierhoefer.net