Best-selling author and international sailor, Annie Dike, has impacted thousands with stories from her many offshore voyages that range from humorous to harrowing and inspire audience members to “wake up!” and kickstart their own pursuit of personal and professional success, while balancing passion and challenge in equal measure.
“I’ve been told before: You know, you might be just a bit young to be telling others how to live.’ But, the way I see it, you don’t have to be young to live, and you certainly don’t have to be old to die. It’s the living—challenging yourself to fill each day with passion and presence—that’s the hard part. If I can inspire just one person to that end, then I will do it until I truly am old, whenever that may be.” — Annie
When she was twenty-nine, Annie jumped ship, leaving a successful, albeit incredibly stressful, corporate career as a medical-malpractice defense trial attorney behind to pursue work that would allow her a life rich with experiences, traveling the world by boat.
Annie is now a full-time writer, sailor, and legal marketing consultant, through her company, Legalite, LLC, and spends a portion of her time giving inspirational speeches to corporate and community audiences sharing her passion for challenges, new chapters, big, scary goals, and eustress.
- Juris Doctorate, University of Alabama School of Law, 2007
- Author of three Amazon bestselling books in Sailing
- United States Coast Guard 100 Ton Master Captain, 2018
- 10,000 blue water nautical miles
- KEYS TO THE KINGDOM: Amazon #1 best-selling Sailing Book about a rising young lawyer who quit the corporate life and found the key by losing the lock. â€œAnnie Dike knows what it is like to escape.â€ â”€ Robert Lipkin, Cruising Outpost Magazine
- SALT OF A SAILOR: Amazon #1 best-selling Sailing Book about the true origins of a durable, but not-so-dainty, sailor. â€œIf you're thinking about buying your first sailboat and making it your own, you need to read this refreshingly honest tale.â€ â”€ Ed Robinson, author of Leap of Faith
- NONE SUCH LIKE IT: Amazon #1 best-selling Sailing Book and an enlightening voyage through the nine stages of boat-buying grief. â€œFunny and entertaining. Annie infectiously recounts the lovable Mitchâ€™s saga from dreamer to boat-owner to sailor.â€ â”€ Conrad Cooper, author of Own Less, Live More
- KEEP YOUR DAYDREAM INTERVIEW (Podcast): Annie Dike speaks about how she broke free from a lawyer in Corporate America to design a new life of sailing and freedom and shares insights about creating a much-needed change, the challenges she overcame, and offers inspiration to help you create the life of your dreams.
- FIRST TIME WITH A FRENCHMAN: A Boat Writerâ€™s International award-winning tale of a virgin ocean-crossing crew aboard a French-built multi-hull, bashing their way thirty days at sea non-stop from Florida to France.