Amanda McDonough is a skilled inspirational speaker, author and popular actress who communicates fluently in English, American Sign Language, and Simultaneous Communication (two languages at the exact same time). Amanda is described as having an infectiously positive personality, a quick wit, and a great sense of humor! She inpito believe in themselves, to overcome their own personal barriers, and to never give up on their dreams. Her new book "Ready to be Heard" (Released July 23rd 2018) is the story of how Ms. McDonough (mc-duh-nuh) lost her hearing, taught herself to speak after becoming deaf and mute, taught herself to lip-read, and to sign. Amanda explains how she discovered a new culture, language, and most importantly, herself. In this memoir, the author narrates how she managed to finish college after becoming deaf. How she garnered straight A's in school, entered the workforce, enjoyed a successful Hollywood acting career (Freeform"s "Switched at Birth," ABC's "Speechless," NBC's "Bad Judge," Google, 7UP, Deaf West/ Pasadena Playhouses "Our Town," etc.), fought for her independence, and found her purpose. "Ready to be Heard" tells about the author's inspiring journey to find a balance between the hearing world she was raised in and the Deaf culture to which she now belonged. Amanda has been a speaker and resilience trainer for organizations and companies such as: The US Airforce, Cal Poly Pomona, UC Riverside, Saddle Ranch Church, Diamond Ranch High School, and dozens more! Follow this strong, independent, thought leader and consider her as your speaker at your next event! Preview her speeches, interviews, and acting work at www.amanda-mcdonough.com or learn more about her book at www.readytobeheard.com
- "Ready to be Heard: How I Lost My Hearing and Found My Voice" available worldwide through Amazon and Barnes and Noble!
- Radio Interview on KCRW's Unfictional with Amanda McDonough entitled "Silence"
- NBC Live News Interviews & Article: "Deaf actress shares communication tips from DeafNation World Expo" with Amanda McDonough
- Author Interview with Amanda McDonough by Marina Raydun
- "They Think I CANâ€™T, I Know I CAN" Article Written by Amanda McDonough for Hands and Voices
- "Actress Amanda McDonoughâ€™s Journey From Deafness To A Loud Voice For Change" Article for Thorn and Vine by Elizabeth VanTassel
- The Silent Grapevine "Exclusive Interview with Amanda McDonough" by Thomsen Young
- The Art of Winning Podcast: "The Resilient Spirit" Live Podcast Interview with Amanda McDonough.
- Newspaper: La Nueva Vos June Edition Article on Amanda McDonough and her new book "Ready to be Heard."