Wokie Nwabueze, JD, CPCC, the founder of Women Prepared to Lead, is a sought after communication and conflict resolution trainer and coach whose expertise is teaching professional how to develop the interpersonal communication skills, confidence and presence necessary for success in business through her signature program and talk, Finding the Courage to be Seen & Heard™. Wokie has taught more than 3000 people to communicate with impact, effectively resolve conflicts and connect with their peers, teams, customers and audiences with impact, authenticity and results.
Wokie’s dynamic approach to communication blends her 20 years of experience as an executive coach, conflict resolution expert, attorney, organizational ombudsman, mediator and communication strategist. She sits on the Board of the Scheinman Institute for Conflict Resolution at Cornell University and has coached executives and taught conflict resolution, communication and negotiation courses and workshops for various fortune 500 companies, academic institutions, social change organizations and small businesses, including Princeton University, Columbia University School of Law, Prudential Financial, the NYC Board of Education, the WK Kellogg Foundation, the Allen Institute for Brain Science and Diversity Inc.
Wokie received her BA in International Relations from Wellesley College and her JD from Columbia University School of Law.
Training + Credentials
- BA in International Relations | Wellesley College
- JD | Columbia University
- University Ombuds(wo)man
- Former VP of a cutting edge Employee Dispute Resolution program at Prudential Financial
- Certified Mediator + Mediation trainer
- Certified Transformational Leadership Coach (CPCC)
- Certified Conflict Dynamics Trainer
- Certified Organizational Ombudsman Practitioner
- Board of Advisors, Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution | Cornell University
- 20 years experience as a mediation, negotiation, conflict resolution + communication trainer
- More than 3000 people trained and coached to be better communicators