Like you, author and leadership expert, Dr. Sylvia Lafair wants to take your work life, your team or your company to the next level or – better yet – the level beyond that.
“Sylvia Lafair is an amazingly acute analyzer of human behavior. She has pinpointed the behavior patterns that can make you sink, muddle through or soar through your career. The payoff is the elusive breakthrough you’ve sought for years.” - Tyler Mathisen, Managing Director CNBC and host, High Net Worth
With over three decades of real- life, in-the-trenches business experience, she is a pioneer in the world of leadership development and executive coaching. Her workshops and consultations help individuals and teams heighten productivity and cooperation. Sylvia’s SANKOFA Mapping™ technique is so radically different from any you may have experienced, helping you discover the behavioral patterns that will enhance your success as a leader. Her Total Leadership Connections™ program is in the top ten best in the country, winning awards for six years in a row from HR.com/Leadership Excellence.
Sylvia engages audiences with her natural storytelling and conversational abilities. She weaves her knowledge about personal relationships and business culture then fuses them into easily understood messages, using both humor and suspense that leave audiences with information to take back to the office and immediately put into practice.
Google, Lockheed Martin, FDA-Health & Human Services, Merck, Avon Legal, McGraw-Hill S&P, Spex Certiprep, Microsoft, Novartis, and Aveda have all partnered with Dr. Lafair when wanting conflict resolution, higher productivity, and better communication for leaders and their teams.
Before embarking on a journey into leadership development, Sylvia established a highly respected personal growth center in Philadelphia where she taught powerful relationship skills to thousands. One day a light bulb went on when working with a corporate leadership team, and it became clear that the behavior learned in our original organization, the family is what we bring to our present organization at work: bosses can be like parents, co-workers like siblings, salaries like allowances, and even time outs like performance improvement plans. And when stress hits the hot button at work, it activates ingrained, outdated behaviors from childhood creating workplace drama that undermines productivity.
Dr. Sylvia Lafair’s pioneering work is now international and helps individuals and teams create and collaborate faster and smarter.
- Don't Bring It to Work: Breaking the Family Patterns That Limit Success - How can you get to the bottom of workplace behaviors that simply don't work for you or your organization? Don't Bring It to Work explores what happens when patterns originally created to cope with family conflicts are unleashed in the workplace.?This groundbreaking book draws on the success of Sylvia Lafair's PatternAware program Total Leadership Connections. Throughout the book she shows how to break the cycle of pattern repetition and offers the tools that can turn unhealthy family baggage into creative energy that will foster better workplace associations and career success. Lafair identifies the thirteen most common patterns that correspond to characters familiar to anyone who has ever worked in an office: Super Achiever, Rebel, Persecutor, Victim, Rescuer, Clown, Martyr, Splitter, Procrastinator, Drama Queen or King, Pleaser, Denier, and Avoider. To help overcome destructive behavior problems, she maps out the three main steps for becoming aware of patterns and finding the way OUT: Observe your behavior to discern underlying patterns Understand and probe deeper to discover the origins of these patterns Transform your behavior by taking action to change The book includes a wealth of real-life anecdotes and practical, workbook-style exercises that clearly show how anyone can get beyond old, outmoded attempts at conflict resolution and empower themselves to make profound differences both at work and in their personal lives.
- Pattern Aware Success Guide - In this step by step guidebook you get simple and quick daily lessons to help you untie the ‘NOTS’ as in “cannot, not good enough, not possible” that get in the way of professional and personal power. Learn to be faster and smarter in making decisions and problem solving using the OUT Technique™ now called by professionals around the world:The Ultimate Method for Emotional Strength Training. This is the highly valued companion to Dr. Sylvia Lafair’s award winning book, ‘Don’t Bring It to Work.’ In just minutes each day you learn to loosen those knee-jerk reactions when someone pushes your buttons. From now on YOU are in CHARGE of what to say, how to say it and when to say it. “The tools and tips in this guidebook have saved me countless hours resolving work issues with my staff and even better, I take what I learned home and my family benefits, as well.”
- GUTSY: How Women Leaders Make Change - Its GOOD to be GUTSY! For some of us this is easy, to speak out, take risks, stand at the leading edge of change. For most of us we need a nudge. So, this is a great book to get you started on your path to being GUTSY! Youll learn to Observe and Understand behaviors that have stood in the way of true collaboration, and Transform into the world of outstanding partnership. From exploring models of being GUTSY, to what it means to have a pink or blue blanket this entertaining book will give you the puzzle pieces to build a GUTSY You!!
- GUTSY Success Guidebook - Its GOOD to be GUTSY! The keys to peak performance at work and at home are at your fingertips. Banish that ""not again"" feeling when you find yourself repeating the same behavior over and over expecting different results. Call ""pattern repetition"", it can cost you your career, your relationships, and limit your success. In this step by step guidebook you get simple and quick daily lessons to help you untie the ""NOTS"" as in ""cannot, not good enough, not possible"" that get in the way of professional and personal power.
- The 21st Century GUTSY Heroine's Journey: How to Transform Chaos and Conflict to Calmness and Collaboration - Each person’s journey is both unique and similar. Follow our Heroines’ stories in this book to help you as you travel the uncharted territory of finding what really matters in your life, to creating all the beauty and joy imaginable. You will have to face challenges and dangers. Know that a mentor will be there to guide you. And when you return you will have a new freedom that is contagious. Once you are back you can use your special knowledge to help others. When the call to adventure comes, answer it. Of course, you will have doubts. Answer anyway. So, Ms. Heroine….. ...Keep Going and Keep Growing
- UNIQUE: How Story Sparks Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement - WE ARE ALL UNIQUE AND CONNECTED Everyone has a back story. Everyone. Most of us put on a mask or hide behind a shield and keep our stories hidden. Not anymore. This book helps you find your story, your place as a leader. “Story is the most powerful tool in a leader’s arsenal,” says Harvard Professor Howard Gardner. Stories teach us about courage, creativity, compassion, and collaboration. Once you learn to tell your story you develop a personal brand that puts you head and shoulders above your peers. Become the best you can be with these important business tools: SANKOFA MAPPING™ to see behaviors that are handed from generation to generation The OUT Technique™ so you can Observe, Understand and Transform behavior patterns PEP Talks™ to discuss difficult subjects and get great results.
- Five Leadership Development Lessons: Taking the OUCH from Office Politics - Break the Cycle of repeating the same old ways of communicating and learn to use the power of dialogue to prevent conflicts and produce cooperation. Talking together is the foundation of working together. In this book you learn the behavioral ground rules for getting past simple “yes” and “no” answers to find new and powerfully creative solutions to problems. Explore the FIVE vital lessons for leaders to take the OUCH from frustrating conversations: 1. Telling the truth is NOT spilling your guts 2. Work is NOT a rehab facility 3. Dialogue is NOT just emotion and repetition 4. Outcomes are best if you stay open NOT attached 5. You win when you see everything as connected NOT separate Leave outdated ways to communicate and resolve conflict in the recycle bin. Dialogue defuses defensiveness and creates camaraderie filled with practical wisdom.
- Leadership Quotes: Bumper Stickers for the Brain - Quotes are really there to get you to think in new ways. These are the ones that seemed to jump from the pages and pages of quotes that I was looking at for this book. Take one or two and post them near your computer or on your mirror in the bathroom. We all need these “bumper stickers” to remind us about what really matters on those days we tend to forget who we are and why we are really here. Who knows, some day one of your quotes may be in another book to help folks you will never even meet. Keep believing in the goodness of the women and men and all the children of the world and together we really can make a difference. As James Baldwin says, children will imitate their elders. Let’s give them the positives of life to imitate.
- Leadership Excellence - 2016 Winner's Circle Top Leadership Partner
- Leadership Excellence - 2016 Winners Circle Best Executive Coaching Program
- BOOK AWARDS FOR: Don’t Bring It to Work: Breaking the Family Patterns That Limit Success *** Winner of 9 book awards! - Top 20 Amazon’s Best Selling Workplace books - Business Books for Emerging Leaders and New Managers 2012 - Nautilus Book Awards 2011 - Florida Book Publishers Association Award 2011 - NY Book Festival 2011 - San Francisco Book Festival 2011 - New England Book Festival 2011 - London Book Festival 2011
- BOOK AWARDS FOR: GUTSY: How Women Leaders Make Change *** Winner of 6 book awards! - 1st Place in the Paris Book Festival 2013 - 1st Place Great Midwestern Book Festival “How To” 2013 - 1st Place for Best Business Book to Read at the Beach 2013 - New York Book Festival 2013 - San Francisco Book Festival Awards 2013 - London Book Festival 2014
- BOOK AWARDS FOR - UNIQUE: How Story Sparks Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement *** Winner of 4 book awards to date! - 1st Place in the 2014 Beach Book Festival - Runner up in the 2014 Hollywood Book Festival - Honorable Mention for 2014 NY Book Festival
- Top 20 Women Business Leaders NAWBO (National Association of Women Business Owners)- 2012
- 2011 - 2015 Leadership Excellence Awards for TOTAL LEADERSHIP CONNECTIONS program