Steve Austin is a pastor who ended up in a psych ward. But childhood sexual abuse, addiction, and a suicide attempt weren't the end of his story. In fact, a suicide attempt is where Steve's life began.
Steve is the author of two books: "From Pastor to a Psych Ward" (an Amazon best-seller) and "The Writer's Toolkit: How to Own and Craft Your Story".
If you're looking for someone who is respectfully raw, with a dynamic story of recovery in the midst of hard times and finding grace in the middle of the mess, Steve Austin is the perfect fit!
A family man, worship pastor, published author, and Patheos blogger (with more than 50k pageviews per month), Steve's goal is letting people know that recovery from addiction, abuse, and trauma of all kinds is possible. But Steve is also very clear that the "same old ways" of doing things may not work any more.
Steve was a youth pastor for more than a decade and loves to connect with audiences of all ages.
A native of Birmingham, Alabama, Steve Austin loves his Southern heritage and enjoys the countless adventures of raising his two young children, and learning more and more about independence and living in-dependence upon God each day.
Steve's years in ministry have given him great confidence and appreciation for his gift of communication.
Steve loves to speak to youth and adults on a range of topics, including:
- From Pastor to Psych Ward: Recovery is Possible
- Reimagining Grace: Finding Jesus Amid Political Polarization, Cultural Norms, and Religious Abuse
- Storytelling Saves Lives:How to Own and Craft a Powerful Story
- You Can't Rape a PreSchooler (And Other Lies I Believed)
- Why an Abused Addict is Now Cultivating Innocence
- Catching Airplanes: How to Dream Big
- How to Obtain and Use a Sign Language Interpreter
If you're looking for a speaker who thinks outside the box, is genuine, passionate, and kind, Steve Austin is your guy!