Robert A. Henry is a recently retired police Lieutenant with thirty-three years of service with the Sheriff's Office - Houston, Texas.
Lieutenant Henry formed and commanded the Crisis Intervention Response Team - CIRT. This team specializes in high risk law enforcement scenes involving mental illness and crisis events including; Active Shooter, Hostage Situations and Barricaded suspects.
Lieutenant Henry has been involved in over 100 SWAT and High Risk Operation scenes and is a Workplace Violence and Active Shooter - Subject Matter Expert presenting and consulting on numerous corporate safety and security policy topics. His first-responder experience delivers an innovative approach to training corporations as they plan for crisis events. Participants attending this program include; general employees, HR, HSE, Legal, Corporate Security and leadership level members.
Robert is the founder of SAFESECURE 360, LLC a Texas based security consulting and investigations firm committed to reducing our clients risk, loss and reputation damages. View our website at SAFESECURE360.COM.
He is a mental health and homeless advocate who actively assists others who experience these challenges. "How we deal with mental illness and homelessness will be the next critical sociological challenge that we face."
Lt. Henry is authoring "Protecting Both Sides of the Badge - When Mental Illness and Law Enforcement Collide."
Follow on Twitter: @SAFESECURE360.
- The Houston Chronicle - Crisis Intervention Response Team, Houston, Texas - Analyzing Jail Diversion Alternatives for Mentally Ill Persons
- ABC News Nightline - Contributing Consultant - Day in the Life of the Gun, Impact of School Shootings
- The Associated Press - Contributing Consultant - Mental Illness and the Police
- Hostage Lifesaving Awards - Sheriff's Office Houston, Texas
- Crisis Intervention Mental Health Peace Officer Award - National Alliance on Mental Illness - NAMI
- Community Builder Award - The Grand Lodge of Texas A.F. & A.M.