Like many, Ria faced adversity in life. Raised on an isolated farm in Alabama, she was sexually abused by her father from age 12 – 19. She was forced to play the role of a wife and even shared with other men due to her father’s perversions. Desperate to escape, she left home at 19 without a job, a car, or even a high school diploma.
Want a more dynamic presentation for your event? Ria frequently speaks with her husband Mack, also a certified Leadership Speaker and Trainer. Ask about the possibility of having BOTH of them speak at your event!
Your audience will leave feeling empowered and encouraged!
"Ria was very inspiring. She gave 2015 Graduating Class quality and truth at their Baccalaureate Service. Even though her past was one of tragedy, she delivered with such grace and poise. She sent out a clarion call for the students to be tenacious and have a positive attitude." ~Shirly J. Guidance Counselor, Quitman High School
Why Book Ria?
- More than just an entertaining keynote speaker - Ria works with you to make your event a success! Ria will schedule a conference call before your event to learn about your goals for the event and how she can support you in reaching those goals.
- Ria will interact with your audience - Before and after her presentation or throughout your event (on request). Ria is friendly and approachable for attendees and is available to take photos with everyone who wants one! Ria is also available for breakout sessions and book signings, or arrange for someone to have a meal with Ria as an employee reward or recognition event.
"Ria came and spoke at our Annual Child Abuse Awareness Proclamation. She came and spoke about overcoming obstacles and the importance of the jobs we do every day... She was on time and stayed after to talk with everyone. We really appreciated her coming and speaking to our group. Thanks Ria." ~Tina E. Program Director
- Inspirational Story - Ria shares her powerful personal story of overcoming, abuse, adversity and transforming her life, and the leadership lessons that she successfully applied and anyone can take action on. Ria customizes each presentation based on your audience and event theme.
- Certified Leadership Speaker, Coach and Trainer - Ria can also offer workshops and training sessions customized for your organization, team or event. Featured in the National Association of Professional Women’s Member Spotlight and also in Leadership Inspirational.
- Published Author - with four books available on leadership, personal and professional success. Ask how your audience can receive a copy as a bonus to your event!
- Professional - Member of the National Speaker's Association and Member of RAINN Speaker's Bureau
Ria Story connects with your audience throughout the event to make it an unforgettable experience. Why wait? Book Ria now for your event!
- PRIME Time: The Power of Effective Planning Are you living your life in PRIME Time? Are you living and working in alignment with your purpose, passion and personal mission? Are you living an abundant life, accomplishing your goals, and achieving your dreams? In PRIME Time: The Power of Effective Planning, you will learn how to set and achieve the goals that are important to you, how to set boundaries, and how to increase effectiveness at home and at work. Complete with personal coaching worksheets, you will walk step-by-step through your individual action plan to achieve success and harmony in each of the four dimensions of life: physical, mental, relational, and spiritual.
- A.C.H.I.E.V.E. - 7 Keys to Success, Significance, and Your Potential In this mini-book, Ria shares 7 lessons she learned about Attitude, Choices, Humility, Integrity, Energy, Vision, and Excellence crafting the acronym A.C.H.I.E.V.E.. These brief vignettes into her life experiences provide humorous, touching or sad lessons learned the hard way, and straight from the heart. Often more is learned from our failures in life than our successes if we reflect on the lesson and apply it to the future.
- Beyond Bound and Broken We all face adversity in life. The question is, how will you respond to it? Will you learn to be resilient? Will you learn to thrive or merely survive? In this inspirational book, Ria shares how she overcame shame, fear, and doubt that stemmed from years of being sexually abused by her father. Forced to play the role of a wife and even shared with other men due to her father’s perversions, Ria left home at 19 without a job, a car, or even a high-school diploma. By experiencing Ria’s journey to resilience, you will find courage for your own. What happens to us in life isn’t as important as how we respond to it. The choices we make today will define us tomorrow. Reviews: “Beyond Bound and Broken is a deeply inspiration book; one that will stay with you for years to come. The lessons are deep, yet practical, and her advice leads to clear solutions. This is a profoundly hopeful book. We all face pain, difficulty, and doubt but with resilience, we can lead vital, flourishing lives. Ria’s story although sometimes painfully difficult to read because of the trials she endured is a story of great courage and compassion both for herself as victim and for those who betrayed her. Forgiveness is a strong theme as is courage. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is struggling to move forward after experiencing a great trial.” ~Amazon Customer
- Ria's Story From Ashes To Beauty is the unforgettable story and inspirational memoir of a young woman who was sexually abused by her father and rejected by her mother. Determined to not only survive, but also thrive, Ria shares how she was able to overcome the odds and find hope and healing to Achieve Abundant Life. She shares leadership principles that she applied to find professional success and personal significance, and how she was able to find the courage to share her story to give hope to others around the world.