I believe everyone can reach high levels of performance if inspired and led. During a nearly three decade US Air Force career I've been privileged to command thousands of Airmen, manage portfolios worth billions of dollars, and work with military, civil, and industry officials around the world.
I am the author of seven books, including Mickey's Rules for Leaders, Leading Leaders: Inspiring, Empowering, and Motivating Teams, The 5 Be’s For Starting Out, and Mickey's Rules for Leaders. I am a frequent contributor to industry publications and write for my own Leading Leaders blog, and GeneralLeadership.com. For over a decade, it's been an honor to speak at numerous trade conferences and forums, and to civic groups across the country. In 2014, I founded Lead the Way Media, a publishing enterprise dedicated to inspiring greatness in business and in life.
Deployed twice to the Middle East, I am a veteran of Operations Southern Watch and Iraqi Freedom. My military decorations include the Legion of Merit, Defense Superior Service Medal and the Bronze Star.
- "The 5 Be's for Starting Out" (Lead The Way Media, 2015, ISBN 9780996019323) In a world full of “no” and “don’t”, The 5 Be’s For Starting Out is a positive vision of who to “Be.” Based on a lifetime of mentoring young adults, The 5 Be’s is a roadmap to living a healthy, fulfilling, and successful life! -Be Proud Of Who You Are: Everyone has something to contribute — and so do you! -Be Free: Authentic freedom means having the ability to choose what’s good for you! -Be Virtuous: The virtues are the “guardrails” for success in life! -Be Balanced: Keep your Mind, Body, and Spirit nourished to keep your balance! -Be Courageous: Courage comes in many forms: physical and moral courage — find yours!
- "Leading Leaders" (Blue Mantle Publishing, 2013, ISBN 9780980148954) is straightforward advice for leaders at all levels on how to be successful. Developed over a 26 year military career and a lifetime of leading, Colonel Mickey Addison lays out the foundation for character-based leadership. Illustrated through personal stories and anecdotes, "Leading Leaders" is a must read for anyone who wants to improve their productivity and their character.
- Leading Leaders: The Workbook (Blue Mantle Publishing, 2013, ISBN 9780980148961) is a companion to Mickey Addison’s acclaimed work by the same title, but can be used as a stand-alone guide for discussion groups, seminars, and individual study. Thoughtful questions and chapter self-assessments will assist leaders and teams to improve their leadership skills through candid review of both leadership and followership skills. Leading Leaders: The Workbook (Blue Mantle Pres, 2013, 9780980148961). This workbook is even more valuable when used side by side with the book Leading Leaders: Inspiring, Empowering, and Motivating Teams. Drawn from a lifetime of leading in the military, in sports, and in volunteer organizations, Leading Leaders is both an engrossing and interesting way to learn to lead better. Mickey takes leadership lessons from his own career, as well as from historical and contemporary leaders, and creates an engaging, down-to-earth dialogue with the reader.
- Patio Wisdom (Lead The Way Media, 2014, ISBN 9780996019309). Welcome to the world of The Patio King! Inside are the musings from Living a Life at Full Speed, where wisdom comes from the School of Hard Knocks. It’s wisdom born of adventure and hardship, joy and pain, victory and defeat…and everything in between. Illustrated with the author’s own photos, and narrated with quips and memories, Patio Wisdom will leaving you in tears and stitches!
- Developed over career spanning three decades, Colonel Mickey Addison gives leaders a "how to" rule book for leading at any level. The eleven rules in the book are excellent guidelines for relating to other people, correctly prioritizing work, and leading teams to high performance. Learn the secrets of leadership from a leader who's lived it! With Rules like "Don't Spook the Herd" and "The First Report is Usually Wrong", this is not your average handbook!