If your looking for an PASSIONATE, EMOTIONAL SPEAKER with a MESSAGE of HOPE...Michael is all that and MORE!
Michael Ashton's childhood wasn't one that could be classified as living the American Dream. He, along with his 7 other siblings, were born into poverty living in the projects of New York Cities Westside Manhattan. What so many other children in 1960's middle class America had, Michael never experienced the love and security that a stable family life provides. At the age of five, due to his parents indigence, he was removed from his parent's custody and placed in an orphanage home on Staten Island. This shattered all hope Michael had for any resemblance of a normal family life. While at the orphanage home, Michael was then placed in a foster home with his younger brother only to become a victim of "Child Abuse" at the hands of his foster father for over seven years.
At age fifteen and with the help of social services Michael was able to move into a group home. The respite didn't last long and he was returned back to the foster home. This occurrence precipitated the actions that would change Michael's life forever. At the age of sixteen, Michael 's oldest sister excepted full guardianship of him, but that only lasted a few months. Facing another crossroad in his troubled youth, Michael ended up homeless, living out of a suitcase and jumping from one menial job to another just to survive for the life he wasn't prepared for. Many adolescents have reached a point like this in their lives and they are faced with choices. The choices that Michael made at this juncture in his life are what make his story so Miraculous as well as Inspirational.
Michael had always aspired to live out his childhood dream becoming a police officer. His hope of becoming one has been challenged as he went from one dead end job to another. Michael, remembering his own childhood, endeavored to persevere and never stopped chasing his dream. On November 1st, 1993, he became a Police Officer and served for over 20 years until his retirement June 5th, 2014. During his years as a Police Officer, Michael came into contact with hundreds of troubled youths going through things he is all too familiar with. Broken homes, no family structure, no guidance, drugs issues, anger issues, and negative interactions with law enforcement in his late teen years.
His own life experiences has formed in him a heart of compassion for these youths. He is the man today because of the little boy he was yesterday. Michael is an up and coming Inspirational Speaker, traveling throughout New Jersey and New York sharing his "Extraordinary Life Changing Story". His only goal is to Inspire ALL to Never Give Up on themselves. Michael believes no matter what your backgrounds may be, to never let your past dictate your future and never make excuses not to Succeed in Life...for he is living proof.
- Mike knows what it's like to be discounted by everyone around you. To run up against challenges that feel insurmountable.
- He shares his personel experiences and teaches audiences the importance of accountability, self esteem and self motivation.
- His stories and lesson cause the type of motivation that sparks teens to success, moves them from complacency into action and excites his audiences.
- Mike is a dynamic and entertaining speaker who effortlessly captivates his audiences.
-Michael Ashton resides in New Jersey with is wife Donna of 34 years.
- He is a proud father of two beautiful daughters and Grandfather of three Wonderful boys and a Beautiful Grand daughter.
- Inspirational Speaker experience: 4 years
- Recently retired Police Officer after serving over 20 years with The Port Authority of New York/New Jersey Police Department in New York City and Jersey City New Jersey.