Dr. John Shufeldt, MD, JD, MBA is an indefatigable change agent and multidisciplinary entrepreneur. His pursuits share a common thread in his unrelenting drive to push his own personal envelope.
He has three decades of experience leading high performing teams in the delivery of on-demand and hospital based medical care. John founded NextCare Inc. in 1993 and served as Chief Executive officer and Chairman of the Board until 2010. Under John's leadership, NextCare grew from a single clinic to fifty-eight clinics in six states.
Currently, John is the CEO of MeMD, a virtual care portal connecting patients to providers. He is also the business manager and founding partner of Empower Emergency Physicians. John continues to practice emergency medicine at St. Joesph's Hospital and Medical Center.
John is a serial student and believes in life-long learning and self-leadership. In 2013 he created the Outlier Series, a compilation of thoughts, tips and techniques that inspire individuals to pursue their dreams. The Outlier Series self-leadership and career-specific books are comprised of interviews from industry-leaders. The following titles can be purchased on Amazon.com:
- LeadershipYOU: Your Future Starts With You
- Ingredients of Outliers: A Recipe For Personal Achievement
- Ingredients of Young Outliers: Achieving Your Most Amazing Future
- Ingredients of Outliers: Women Game Changers
- Outliers in Medicine
- Outliers in Education
John serves as the Medical Director for the Phoenix Police "SWAT" Special Assignment Unit. He holds an Airline Transport Pilot Rating and is type rated in a variety of multi-engine fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
John lives in Scottsdale, Arizona with his wife and two children.
You can follow John on social media:
- 2014 Children's Non-fiction Silver Medal Award, Living Now Book Awards
- 2011 Silver Award, American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors
- 2010 Entrepreneur of the Year, Ernst and Young
- 2010 Ethics in Business Award, Better Business Bureau
- 2009 Top 50 Entrepreneurs, Business Leader Magazine