JJ DiGeronimo, president of Tech Savvy Women (www.TechSavvyWomen.net), is one of the most highly regarded speakers, authors and executive strategists to attract, retain and advance professional women in technology and related fields. Through her new book Accelerate Your Impact, Action Based Strategies to Pave Your Professional Path, JJ keynotes and leads executive sessions with topics such as leadership, professional effectiveness, and inclusion strategies to retain and develop diverse talent. Her work is featured in Forbes and The Wall Street Journal along with many other publications.
JJ began her career designing computer infrastructures for Fortune 500 companies after graduating with a computer information systems degree in 1995. She stays involved with emerging technologies, as she is a strategic advisor to venture capitalists (VC), investment teams and executives as it relates to routes-to-market and repeatable revenue streams.
With 20 years of experience in high tech, JJ advanced from entry-level technology positions into leadership positions within Silicon Valley-based technology companies. Recently she completed eight years at VMware, where JJ focused on Datacenter Technologies: Cloud Computing, Virtualization and SDDC.
JJ is now a featured columnist for Smart Business Magazine, a regular guest on TV and radio shows and a preferred keynote speaker for many corporate events including Amazon, Ingram Micro, RIT, Sears Holding Company, Clemson University, NASA Glenn, Symantec, VMware, Grace Hopper, KeyBank, and EMC along with many other organizations.
She includes these experiences along with hours of leadership research in her book, “The Working Woman’s GPS”. She also contributed to the book, “The Confident Woman, Tapping Into Your Inner Power” and hosts regular videos on www.TechSavvyWomen.TV.
Throughout her career, JJ has made a positive impact within the technology industry. Her accomplishments and contributions include the following:
Jumpstart Board Member, nonprofit Accelerator for High Growth Companies - 2015
Strategic Advisor for STEMPoweredKids, CoolTechGirls and Her Ideas in Motion – 2014
Initiated “What DO Women in STEM DO?” video channel – 2013
Named to Top 25 People in Technology by Inside Business Cleveland
Next Generation Indie Book Award for “The Working Woman’s GPS” – 2011
Co-creator of Diversity Corporate Initiative Women on Purpose at VMware, to empower women in the technology industry and support career advancement– 2009
Launched Tech Savvy Women, an experienced network of women in tech and STEM with over 1,600 members in three cities – 2008
Innovation Award from the Small Business Network – 2005
Entrepreneur Magazine featured her company, TechStudents, the largest database of technology graduates from 300 colleges and universities – 2004
- Book, Accelerate Your Impact, Action Based Strategies to Pave Your Professional Path (August 2016)
- Smart Business, Commitment is a vital factor in serving as a director, committee member (July 1, 2016)
- Smart Business, Project allocation can be a strategic stimulus for top talent (April 1, 2016)
- SIMS, What This Leadership Expert Learned About Retaining Women in Tech (March 2016)
- Forbes, The Dads Developing The Future of Women in Tech (Jan. 30, 2016)
- Smart Business Magazine: How to Attract Diverse Professionals to Your Open Positions (Jan.4, 2016)
- Smart Business, Creative Strategies for Recruiting Diverse Tech Candidates (July 1, 2015)
- Smart Business, How Talented Leaders Engage Employees for Bottom-line Impact (April 1, 2015)
- Smart Business, How an Inclusive Culture based on Trust can encourage Innovation (January 1, 2015)
- Women's Business Conference teaches the "Power of No" (Oct. 23, 2015)
- Forbes, Why This STEM Expert Foresees A Women In Tech Triumph 9-30-14
- Forbes, Women In Tech: 10 Steps To Ensure Your Career And Salary Growth (10-25-14)
- Smart Business, How to use some creative strategies for recruiting diverse tech job candidates (12-31-2014)
- Smart Business, Driving Diversity and Inclusion at Executive Levels (10-1-2014)
- Smart Business, Leveraging High Performance Team in Tech and IT (7-2014)
- Book, The Working Woman’s GPS ~ Proven Strategies for Professional Women
- Smart Business, Advisory boards — It’s good to get advice to fill your recognized and unrecognized gaps (4-1-14)