I don’t believe we necessarily “control our own destiny.” I believe our destiny is created by how we respond to life’s events.
Heidi Ganahl is one of the country’s most extraordinary, respected and in-demand women entrepreneurs. She regularly lends advice to everyone from top executives to the local professional with just a dream and an idea. And she does it all with style and sophistication. Heidi has triumphed over staggering adversity. Beginning with the tragic loss of her first husband at the young age of 27, to losing a million-dollar insurance settlement, Heidi’s entrepreneurial spirit and extraordinary leadership skills have helped her pick herself up and emerge as a Top Dog of Camp Bow Wow, the $100 million leader in the pet and franchise industry.
Heidi is passionate about giving back, especially when it comes to education. She is on the Board of Directors for the following organizations:
- University of Colorado Foundation
- Bow Wow Buddies Foundation
- Common Sense Policy Roundtable
- Job Creators Network
- Colorado Succeeds
- Golden View Classical Academy
- Colorado Enterprise Fund
- Soul Days Foundation
In 2014, Heidi launched her non-profit Moms Fight Back. Moms Fight Back is a community of powerful and passionate Colorado moms who are banding together, online and in their neighborhoods, to tackle the most pressing issues facing our kids today.
In 2016, Heidi was elected to the University of Colorado’s Board of Regents, holding one of two Regent-at-Large positions at the university.
Heidi has received numerous accolades and features in the press including:
Heidi's energetic and inspiring talks are lessons learned from the years building Camp Bow Wow, from the first camp which opened in Denver in 2000 to a $100 million business with more than 200 franchisees in 40 states and Canada, to the value of giving back and the art of the comeback. Your audiences will love hearing the war stories from this 16 years of struggle and hard work to attain her status as the leader of the pack in the pet industry.
Heidi’s landmark keynote is her TEDx talk, The Art of the Comeback, but she also speaks on the following topics:
- What Glass Ceiling? My Story of Start-Up Success!
- Tails from the Bark Side - The Adventures of Building a Dog Gone Great Brand!
- Tails from the Bark Side - Franchise Lessons from the Top Dog
- Ready to Play Ball? Turn Your Passion into a Successful Business
- Paws to Give Back — How Cause-Based Marketing Can Help Grow Your Business
As the founder of the non-profit online community Moms Fight Back, Heidi also speaks on the following topics and issues:
- We Can Do Better - Together Discussing what we can do as moms, and how we can begin working together as moms to make the world a happier, healthier, safer place for our children.
- So You Want To Make a Difference? On understanding the legislative process, lobbying and running for office or supporting candidates that support issues important to moms.
- Keeping Our Kids Safe in School Looking at what’s going on in our kids' schools and finding ways to create positive change for our children and our communities when it comes to Bullying, General School Safety, Mental Health, and Internet Safety.
- Supermom, Supermess… The Keys to Balancing Family, Career and Giving Back A look at what it takes to save the world, keep your family happy and have a great career.
- Why Moms Should Care About Politics Why America’s founding principles (and our politicians’ views on them) are critical to keeping our families safe, happy and healthy.
- Protecting Colorado’s Kids from Child Abuse - free eBook by Heidi Ganahl, available via Moms Fight Back
- Sexual Assault Information Handbook - free eBook by Heidi Ganahl, available via Moms Fight Back
- Back-to-School Safety - free eBook by Heidi Ganahl, available via Moms Fight Back
- Tales from the Bark Side Paperback Camp Bow Wow, Heidi Ganahl’s wildly successful doggy daycare and boarding company, came to fruition because Heidi believed passionately in her vision. Overcoming fears, personal hardship, and the advice of nay-sayers, Heidi turned passion into profit – and a richly rewarding life. As she shares her personal story, Heidi offers encouragement and advice on how to overcome a fear of taking chances, find the courage to grow and lead a business, and ultimately achieve your dreams. As her life story makes clear, even tragedy, loss, and misfortune can teach valuable lessons that help us become great leaders and entrepreneurs. By tapping into her love for dogs, Heidi Ganahl changed the way our country cares for its furry friends! Find out how to turn your passion into a highly successful business, and maybe just change the world along the way…