I am the President of IEM Approach a premier personal growth and leadership development company specialized in inspiring, equipping and motivating people to find their purpose, pursue and possess it. I am an Independent Certified Coach, Teacher and Speaker with The John Maxwell Team and on a mission to Inspire, Equip and Motivate people to tell their stories. My own story highlighting my drive, determination, persistence, tenacity and courage in the face of diverse adversities is told in my 2014 book, "Coming to America: A Journey of Faith". It is a testament to the power of God, his involvement in our lives and intervention when we call out to him. I strongly believe that our stories are unique and are a powerful tool that can be used to inspire, comfort encourage others to be hopeful.
Every situation in life has two possible outcomes and we all are presented with a golden opportunity to choose the positive outcome. This is why I launched IEM PRESS after the company that published my first book went under and I lost thousands of dollars. IEM PRESS was founded to help other people not to suffer the same fate when they decide to tell their story and share it with the rest of the world. I am excited about people, their stories, where they have been, where they are and where they are going. That is why IEM PRESS is focused on giving people the tools they need to tell their stories in an impactful way.
I was born and raised in a Caldera on the Cameroon Volcanic Line in Cameroon West Africa. I am a holder of Bachelors in Geology and Sociology from the University of Buea, a Masters in Earth Sciences from the University of Yaounde and a Doctorate in Geosciences from The University of Texas at Dallas. In addition to being a geoscientist with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry, I am also the Co-founder/President of Equipping of the Saints International Ministries. I am married to Elizabeth Tayem and God has blessed us with five children.
An Independent Certified Coach, Teacher and Speaker with The John Maxwell Team
I speak in Schools, Churches, and Businesses
As a Certified John Maxwell Coach, Trainer and Speaker, I offer customized presentations to fit your individual or team’s needs and budget such as:
- 10-minute briefing
- “Lunch and Learn”
- Keynote speech for your company sponsored event
- Half day and full day workshop/seminar
- In-house corporate training
- Executive and personal retreat
- Partnership Summit
I will provide effective team communication and structure that is important for forging relationships equipping your team with the proper attitudes to develop leaders within. We will work through goal setting and communication exercises that will bring cohesiveness to your group ultimately increasing productivity due to the positive influences each member will have on the group as a whole.
As an international speaker who have overcome many obstacles, I draw from these experiences to inspire my audiences on the following:
- Learn how to see beyond what your physical eyes are seeing
- Not taking NO for an answer
- Speaking the language of a victor and not defeat
- Acting in accordance with your dreams
- The functionality of the vision/faith/growth/cycle
- Maximizing productivity in diverse teams
- How to increase your cultural intelligence quotient etc.
I am passionate about the personal growth and development of the body, soul and spirit. I have been through many challenges both in Africa and the United States and understand the importance of bringing a message of hope that is applicable in all spheres of life. It is coined “The Success CYCLE”. See, Believe, Speak and ACT and you will be unstoppable.
- Do you struggle with trusting God with your finances? Feel that God is calling you to do something big but you can't see how it will be accomplished? Fear that He has abandoned you after starting your journey of faith? Coming to America: A Journey of Faith is Eric Tangumonkem's story of wrestling with these thoughts and doubts. God called him to America from Cameroon to pursue graduate studies at the University of Texas at Dallas, but he had no money to put towards this dream. In this book, Tangumonkem shares his journey of learning to trust God as he stepped out in faith and came to America despite a lack of funds. He also shares some of his formative experiences prior to this call-experiences that will encourage readers in their faith. Tangumonkem's life is a testimony to the faithfulness of God, and he is careful to give Him all of the glory.