Wow! That Was Just Like Me.
Audiences identify with the ups and downs of life. They like laughing at speakers who remind them of themselves, and they get inspired to persevere when they have hope that they will see "things look up"
Dr. Randy Carney's life experiences as a bivocational minister and educator, as well as being an author and inspirational speaker, help him to connect with all types of audiences. He has lived in the country and the city. He especially enjoys talking about the time someone offered him some beef. Little did he know that he would have to help skin the cow right in that neighbor's cornfield!
In pioneering several ventures, from starting a small private school to helping establish a faith-based liberal arts college, he never lost sight of from where he came, and he identifies with people from all walks of life. As an international speaker, speaking in Mexico, Australia, and Japan, he gained exposure to many different cultures.
Because of his varied background, Dr. Carney identifies with the following audiences:
- Young People (Stemmng from his 25+ years of educational experience)
- College-aged Young Adults (Stemming from his experience as a college-professor and as a mentor to young ministers)
- Business People (Stemming from dealing with a wide range of personalities and motivating volunteer teams to accomplish great things)
- Churches (Stemming from his background in ministry)
- Married Couples (Stemming from his expertise arising from ministry, study, counseling experiences and being the author of The LOVING Way to a Successful Marriage: Six Keys to Marital Bliss)
Maximizing Your Life
Randy inspired learning in elementary school students through high school students in an innovative individualized instruction program, and he also mentored students who did a great deal of independent study on the college level. As a pastor, many came to him with probelms in their marriages and relationships. Out of necessity, he became a student of personality and of tools for building relationships. Over time, couples benefited from the fruil of that study as they saw their marriages restored.
Maximizing your life, calling and relationships is Randy's Specialty.
Maximize Your School
- Tricks the Text-Book Publishers Didn't Want You to Find Out
- How to Read Unfamiliar Material
- Take Your Class by Storm and Improve Your Grade
- Subtle Secrets for Student Leaders
Maximize Your Relationships
- Three Concerns about Dating and What to Do About It
- Get Ready for the Two Dates That Will Change Your Life
- Understanding Why They Do What They Do
- Don't Just Be in the Marriage Game - Go for the Champsionship!
- Celebrate Your Differences But Overcome Them
- How Men and Women Think!
- Six keys to Marital Bliss
Maximize Your Business and Your Calling
- The Easy Way to Public Speaking: How to Present Sparkling Presentations without Stressing Yourself to Death
- How to Write a Book in 28 Days or Less Without Stressing Yourself to Death
- Discover What You Were Made to Do
- Build on Those Personality Strengths
- Push and Pull--Always in the Upward Direction
- Enjoy Your Calling
- Communication is the Key to Success
- When and How to Make a Change
Maximize Your Attitude
- Tweak that Attitude for Peak Performance
- "Pilsung!" (Certain Victory)
- Attitude with Pizzaz!
What Others Have Said
"The information on personality and how men and women think in The LOVING Way to a Successful Marriage: Six Keys to Marital Bliss is worth the investment in this book many times over."
Featured on ABC's Hit TV Show, "Secret Millionaire"
A Little Longer Version ...
Dr. Randy Carney, The Primeiere Strategist for LOVING Techiniques for Life, Marriage, Work and School relates the following story:
My Annoncement, and The Reaction
"Loving to camp, I said, “Let’s go camping!”
"My children who ranged from about two to eight years of age at that time said, “Yea!!!!” My wife, Rhonda, was not quite as excited, but after a short pause, she said, 'Oh, O.K.'
"See? I grew up in a family that went camping. We started out with tents, and eventually graduated to camping trailers. Rhonda’s family, on the other hand, never went camping.
"Anyone who knows Rhonda will tell you that she is one of the most positive people on earth. In fact, one of our friends nicknamed her 'Little Miss Mary Sunshine.'
"Why was she not too excited and positive in this moment? It probably was because she had been on some of my camping trips before. We had been two or three times since we got married. One time we got sunburned. The ground was so hard we could not drive our tent stakes. Oh, yes, we slept on that hard ground, which is her least favorite part of camping. Therefore, she had reason not to be as excited as the children were.
My Hope and the Result
"I decided I was going to convert my wife to a love of camping."
The short version of that trip: hilarious-looking makeshift camper in back of truck--truck trouble--finding a bargain on a campsite--trouble finding campsite--beautiful scene with little bubbling brook--gourmet meal of hotdogs--mattress so Rhonda would not have to sleep on the ground; THEN--single raindrop--tiny leak--my solution--thunder and lightining--many leaks--brook becomes raging river--fear of being swept down mountain--Rhonda goes to truck--I wondered if we "were really going to make it through the night."
The Connection to Life
We look back, and we often laugh about what happened during that camping trip. One thing we do remember, though, is that we made it through it. You may not have gone camping, but if you have survived some type of trial with your family, you should be encouraged to think that you can face other trials.
I discovered that the joys and pitfalls of camping can remind us of six basic principles that lead to a successful marriage. After that, with slight modifications, I saw how they related to a successful life, successful business principles, and even successful principles for making it through college and high-school.
My background is such that I grew up on a farm near a small town in southern Illinois, attended Southern Illinois University, Midwestern Baptist Seminary, Southwestern Baptist Theological, and graduated from Memphis Theological Seminary. After that, I received a Doctorate from Luther Rice Seminary and University.
I pastored churches for many years, helped a pastor start a Christian school, worked for a major Christian textbook publisher, wrote and or edited four science textbooks, and the most recent book, The LOVING Way to a Successful Marriage: Six Keys to Marital Bliss.
Dr. James Flanagan, president of Luther Rice University endorses Randy's book and speaking career as follows: "Dr. Carney's suggestions for balance across six critical areas of relationships will benefit any marriage. When applied by both husband and wife, they can very well indeed be 'six keys for marital bliss!'"
How Can This Help You
Dr. Carney conducts marriage seminars and speaks in churches, schools, colleges and businesses. He has delivered thousands of talks in many states in the U.S., as well as in Mexico, Australia, and Japan. He has talks suitable for keynotes and workshops as well as full seminars.
If you want to inspire your participants to a better and more productive life, book Dr. Randy Carney for your next event.